View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
All Out Idiocy - Common Sense for those that don't have any 
:/

Post All Out Idiocy - Common Sense for those that don't have any
Hi. Over my many games, I've noticed many players back talking against other teammates, and therefore, lacking in teamwork and communication.

Well, I guess here's my list of things you SHOULD watch out for:

1. OMG, WHERE'S THE NUKE????

Well, when you plant it AND find it, you should honestly tell your team.
In fact, it should be mandatory:

To either say WHERE it's planted (ie, Ref, Res, Bar, WF, Rep Fac, Regens, Mini)
And to say who's there

2. WTF, HOW DO YOU SEE ME? HACKER!

Then don't go stealth. Maybe you were strafing and looking the other way, and they were waiting for you to head back out. Just be more careful OR stop picking stealth class for those that can see you. Don't use regular paths, by hiding in corners. Try weaving around obstacles and making U-Turns.

3. Importance of protecting mechs

If you see your teammate (Slow mech) getting raped by MD's and Plasma Cannons, don't go and pick off some harvester who's a long way to go from your location. Help your teammate! In fact, serving as a distraction and waste whatever your class costs, it's protecting a mech that's twice as expensive.

4. Realizing that there is more than one path per map

A few games ago, team blue was camping away from the Obelisk, but retaining a clear view of the whole base. What did red do? Whine, rage and tried to continue to harvest. At the end, they gave up and surrendered. Little did they know, there was a path RIGHt beside them. Since you know that they are stealths, they have weaker armor, so a simple stealthed T.E 21 Cal. could have sent them packing.

5. Difference between mech rush and spam

Mech rush - (Usually) Organized team of mechs consisting of multiple heavies and an orca to protect them while they assault buildings.
Spam - Uncoordinated firing into open space without a designated target, but just hoping to get lucky for frags.

(Refer to AOW: Winners and Whiners on ST forums --> General Discussion)

6. Scouting

If you haven't been into enemy territory in 30 minutes, don't just rush in with a Plasma Cannon and Ion/Nuke, that's reckless, and also causing the team to wait 300s for another beacon. It's just one frag! Buy Stealth and 4 C4's. Set off as much geometry and traps as you can before getting through. Best not to hurt opposing buildings so they don't notice.

7. Weapon PickingDicking

Let's just say, you're a Time Cop with a Plasma Cannon, and you see your partner with an SMG getting raped by let's say, a Volt Rifle. So you quickly rush in to help and kill the guy. He thanks you and approaches the drop. Being the ass you are, you use hyper speed and steal it.
Lesson: Don't steal weak(er) weapons if you see your teammate approach it. What good will it do you? Besides, your teammate will survive longer too.

8. Stealing

This happens alot actually, not just with me. A person plants an ion/nyke w/e, and yells "BARRACKS!!" What do you do then? Obviously protext it right? No.
Example:

WF: 80%
Barracks: 95%
Ref: 90%
Res: 70%
Rep: Gone
Ob: Gone

Multiple times, bitching mechs attack the building that the nuke is in. Why? They don't want you to have your kill. (Any other motives, I'm not sure) You have wasted $1750, stealth and probably plasma too. Again, more than enough times, senseless players in mechs attack the building that the nuke it's in. They haven't ever heard of 'kill two birds with one stone' Even with one mech per building, the other team'll be scrambling.]

/rant
/info

Last edited by lawa001 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Post Re: All Out Idiocy - Common Sense for those that don't have
I don't care if this is an old post, every self-respecting AOW player needs to see it. I've had tons of people complain to me about turret spam (strategic placing in which it's impossible to get out of the line of fire from at least one + hiding them so they kill unexpectedly) and mech spam (getting two Madcats and an orca to take down their Obelisk).

Thanks. I've only met a select few that actually work as a team, the rest are just stupid and have no idea what to do if their clump of 20 LRMS turrets got blown up or if there's a beacon at the base (I've seen it, I've told everyone where the beacon is and I go Demo Expert and defuse it, and I end up doing it all by myself without a single teammate coming into the building. It's retarded).

Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:19 am

Added #7.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:03 am

Added #8

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:13 pm

lawa001 wrote:

7. Weapon PickingDicking

Let's just say, you're a Time Cop with a Plasma Cannon, and you see your partner with an SMG getting raped by let's say, a Volt Rifle. So you quickly rush in to help and kill the guy. He thanks you and approaches the drop. Being the ass you are, you use hyper speed and steal it.
Lesson: Don't steal weak(er) weapons if you see your teammate approach it. What good will it do you? Besides, your teammate will survive longer too.

I never even thought of that I'm totally going to try that.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:20 am

We need moar

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Atma Chaos wrote:
We need moar

Blame the Brainless people.

Sun May 01, 2011 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Grandvoid administrator

When a medic of any sort is healing and an enemy is attacking you don't use the medic as a meat shield! In fact, it is your job to protect him while he is doing his work. I constantly see how retarded players leave a defend-less medic in danger and STAY BEHIND HIM DRAWING HIM AN EASY PRAY WTF.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

lawa001 wrote:
7. Weapon PickingDicking

I'll be nice and say that this was back in the day when the timegun was an instadeath railgun of very fair sportsmanship.

But nowadays, you'd actually be the one better off with shock/voltrifle than the SMG guy. Simply because you're able to cause much more carnage as a timecop - and that you'll likely need it more. (Close encounters are aplenty.)

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Now that Mr. Timetraveller has been nerfed to the next dimension, I can probably remove that one.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]