View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Key Binds 
Eporhtnasim

Post Key Binds
Okay, I know about the zoom bind, but what other things can I do and where do I find information on it? I spent time looking through this forum, but only found server commands and zoom. I had an extensive list of custom binds for the game tribes and it can help one play better to a great degree.

Specifically:

- Binding different or certain weapons/selectable items to certain keys

- A way to omit the weapons I bind from the mousewheel selector

- Are one button frag grenade tosses possible? Without switching or auto-switching
(Otherwise, frag grenades are fairly useless to me and a waste of weapon scroll space)

- A button I can push to get rid of cheap, cowardly aimbotters (nvm I found it, alt+f4)
(Can we start recording these cheaters and posting it somewhere? Since no one seems to care)

As you might be able to tell, scrolling through the weapons with the mousewheel is frustrating for me for the amount of "selectables" it has to scroll through sometimes. I like pressing one key to instantaneously switch to a certain gun, but give me and inch and I'll take a mile, so I would like to be able to specify this key = this gun, can it be done?

Will rebinding the mouse wheel interfere with weapon selection or cause a conflict?

Possibly related:
(Because key binds might be there?)

I can't view the in-game tutorial or options because the screen just turns black, any ideas? Need specs? Also, I can't donate, none of the keys set in the doom options menu appear to work or do anything except the eject mech button.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:42 am

Post Re: Key Binds
1. bind [button] "use [exact weapon name that appears when you select it]"
Quote:
(Can we start recording these cheaters and posting it somewhere? Since no one seems to care)
Nothing you should worry about.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:17 am

Also you can use slot numbers to select weapons more accurately. As of r1826, the stock KEYCONF is:
Code:
setslot 0 SelfHeal RepairGun Enhanced-RepairGun MedicGun Bomb-SquadGun
setslot 1 Unarmed Proxy-C4 Stealth-Knife Timed-C4 Enhanced-Timed-C4
setslot 2 Flashbang-Grenade FragGrenade Remote-C4Detonator Remote-C4 IonCannon-Beacon NuclearStrike-Beacon
setslot 3 Handgun Rifle Weak-SniperRifle SniperRifle
setslot 4 SubMachineGun Military-Shotgun Military-DoubleShotgun
setslot 5 MachineGun GattlingGun Jumpjet-GattlingGun
setslot 6 Grenader Bazooka MassDriver
setslot 7 Flamer ChemicalSpray TiberiumAutorifle-Weak TiberiumAutorifle
setslot 8 LaserRifle Stealth-LaserRifle Laser-Chaingun Laser-ChaingunBlue GaussRifle Volt-Autorifle PlasmaGun
setslot 9 PlasmaCannon TimeGun UtilityGun

The lists are read backwards, in slot 9, the utility gun comes up first. Also, in the latest beta, SMG has been thrown to slot 5, frag grenade to slot 1, timed c4 to slot 2 and stealth laser rifle to the top of slot 8.

Reyalp wrote:
I can't view the in-game tutorial or options because the screen just turns black, any ideas? Need specs? Also, I can't donate, none of the keys set in the doom options menu appear to work or do anything except the eject mech button.

Huh, that's weird. Try bind them manually:
bind <key> DonationMenu
bind <key> DonationName
bind <key> DonationGive

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:02 am
Profile WWW

Reyalp wrote:
Okay, I know about the zoom bind, but what other things can I do and where do I find information on it?
The ZDoom Wiki can be very helpful.

Reyalp wrote:
I spent time looking through this forum, but only found server commands and zoom.
There's more hidden away on the Skulltag forums, but it's not AOW-specific.

Reyalp wrote:
- Binding different or certain weapons/selectable items to certain keys
bind q "use sumbmachinegun"

Reyalp wrote:
- A way to omit the weapons I bind from the mousewheel selector
You can use the setslot command (in Dusk's post) from the console to customize your own weapon order.

Reyalp wrote:
- Are one button frag grenade tosses possible? Without switching or auto-switching
(Otherwise, frag grenades are fairly useless to me and a waste of weapon scroll space)
Not that I know of, sorry. :(

Reyalp wrote:
- A button I can push to get rid of cheap, cowardly aimbotters (nvm I found it, alt+f4)
Record everything. If using IDE, press the gray circle in the lower left hand corner. If using Doomseeker, I have no idea.

Reyalp wrote:
As you might be able to tell, scrolling through the weapons with the mousewheel is frustrating for me for the amount of "selectables" it has to scroll through sometimes. I like pressing one key to instantaneously switch to a certain gun, but give me and inch and I'll take a mile, so I would like to be able to specify this key = this gun, can it be done?
bind q "use sumbmachinegun"

Reyalp wrote:
Will rebinding the mouse wheel interfere with weapon selection or cause a conflict?
Only if you currently use the mousewheel to select weapons or do something else.

Reyalp wrote:
Possibly related:
(Because key binds might be there?)

I don't know.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:29 pm
Eporhtnasim

Awesome! Thanks for the wealth of info, this is pretty much everything I was looking for. I imagine it will take me a minute to pour over this and make my perfect obsessive compulsive keyboard setup. Usually trying to tweak something like this in a game is complicated and a pain, got to love doom. Maybe I'll post some more detailed info back here for anyone else who is asking these questions, unless you guys are trying to keep this a secret? :)

It's a shame you can't toss grenades with a button or without switching to them manually, maybe this could be a feature request or I'll find out some way of accomplishing this with a keybind that switches; throws; then switches back. I imagine this would make flashbangs a bit more powerful though?

I've been to the Zdoom wiki and the Skulltag forums before though I've never visited that page, but I wasn't sure about the commands being the same for AOW2 or some similar compatibility issue. I see, I wasn't even aware IDE had a record feature, I was thinking about a screen capture app or something, I'm behind the times on doom a bit.

I have to say though I am loving the humorous attitudes of people on IDE and various forums (I haven't really been playing it online that long), its like the doom community is comprised of the Earths entire population of "somewhat angry stoners" <~ would also make a great band name. Nothing like the globalization of an epic 20 year old game to quell the rebellious pot-smoking masses, whilst the government prepares for the coming zombie invasion. Okay, I'm rambling a bit, but thanks for the console information you guys are great! :P

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:25 pm

You're welcome! ;D And do spread it around. The more people who know this stuff the better.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:51 pm
Eporhtnasim

Okay, another question about this pertaining to one button grenades. When you use selfheal the syringe is discarded and then the game automatically switches to the last weapon selected, is this possible to do with a rather simple console bind?

For Example:

Code:
alias gtoss "use FragGrenade; (1); (2)"
bind g gtoss

(1) would be the primary fire
(2) would be the same type of function selfheal uses to switch back to the last weapon

Would that work, anyone know the right syntax?

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe the self heal switches only because it's out of ammo, and then only to the highest ranked weapon in your arsenal, not the last one you used. So if you're blasting away with a plasma cannon and then use self heal, you might pull out a knife next.

So there's no special command except throwing all your 'nades, unfortunately.

Something I was toying with a while back was
Code:
alias weapswitch "use shotgun;wait;use supershotgun;wait;use bfg9000"
to sort of list the weapons in ascending order of preference. Nothing came of it, but maybe you can find a use.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:14 am
Eporhtnasim

I was thinking about how that worked, but I guess I have always just coincidentally used the highest weapon and not noticed. Even if it isn't entirely possible to get "fire and forget" grenade tosses, with enough looking into I'm sure I might be able to figure out some efficient keybind lingo along those lines, I have a feeling a lot of people might have already done stuff like this.

For reference to anyone learning along with me and reading this, this is really all I have done so far:
(With W,S,A,D as move keys)

Quick wide zoom:
Code:
alias zoomout "fov 90; mouse_sensitivity 1.0; rebind zoomin"
alias zoomin "fov 45; mouse_sensitivity 0.5; rebind zoomout"
bind e zoomin

Precise zoom:
Code:
alias mzoomout "fov 90; mouse_sensitivity 1.0; rebind mzoomin"
alias mzoomin "fov 20; mouse_sensitivity 0.2; rebind mzoomout"
bind z mzoomin

Selfheal:
Code:
bind q "use selfheal"

Easy, simple and it works. I was kind of hoping this would work, but it didn't I guess because mech nukes are part of a secondary fire command.

Code:
bind b "use mini-nuke artillery"

Really wish that worked. I still suck though, keybinds and setslots obviously only get you so far as to not be a fumbling idiot with your weapons. I did set up the weapon slots nicely though I think, kind of being similar to the classic doom weapons:

In reverse order like the cfg
0: Repair, util, etc
1: Explosives, Beacons (Press 1 and click to kill buildings)
2: Handgun, Grenades
3: Shottys, Chem/Flamer spray (Short range)
4: Volt, Tiberium, Plasmagun, Submachinegun, Machinegun, Gattlings (Assault rifles, Mguns)
5: Grenader, Bazooka (Explosive)
6: Rifle, Laser Rifle, Sniper Rifle (Range)
7: Plasma Cannon (Pretty much the BFG of AOW, had to give it slot 7)
8: Laser chaingun that I don't really use that much
9: Anti-mech weapons

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:46 am
Eporhtnasim

I've got to say, it irritates me significantly that the key binds (specifically the weapons) are removed in this new test version (r2021 i think). Is this what AOW is going to turn into or is that just temporary?

Honestly all it appears to do is help the people who cheat. Now I can't zoom or pick any weapons or bombs, but still get rail spam from halfway across the map.

I don't know much about it, but that's just my opinion on it. Take what you want.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:04 am

Weapon binds should still work, although the weapon names might have changed. It's a shame about FOV but it opens up new frontiers for weapon balance. Hopefully it will actually be easier to catch hackers now, but that's just speculation on my part.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:32 am

Reyalp wrote:
Honestly all it appears to do is help the people who cheat. Now I can't zoom or pick any weapons or bombs, but still get rail spam from halfway across the map.

Those who do 'rail spam' might actually have aim you know... also you can't pick up weapons you already have with full ammo. Fire it once and you can pick up the weapon again. You though still can use console commands to switch to weapons (you always can). Simply, the weapon names got changed recently. The new KEYCONF is:
Code:
setslot 0 SelfHeal RepairGun EnhancedRepairGun MedicGun BombSquadGun CrateChooser
setslot 1 Unarmed Flashbangs FragGrenade Knife
setslot 2 ProxyMineLayer TimedC4 EnhancedTimedC4 RemoteC4Detonator RemoteC4 NuclearStrikeBeacon IonCannonBeacon
setslot 3 Handgun Rifle SniperRifleWeak SniperRifle
setslot 4 Boomstick DoubleShotgun
setslot 5 SubMachineGun MachineGun GatlingGun JumpjetGatlingGun
setslot 6 Grenade_Launcher Bazooka MassDriver
setslot 7 Flamer ChemicalSprayer TiberiumAutorifleWeak TiberiumAutorifle
setslot 8 LaserRifle LaserChaingun LaserChaingunBlue GaussRifle ShockRifle PlasmaGun StealthLaserRifle
setslot 9 PlasmaCannon TimeGun UtilityGun

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Eporhtnasim

Oh sh*t, I made a stupid mistake I'm sorry.

I forgot I modified the wad's setslots so when it downloaded the new version it wasn't the same. Dumbest thing I've done in a while sorry.

For some reason I was thinking the same thing implemented to disable zoom applied to most all keybinds.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Can't really disable any keybinds other than fov changes, autoaim or taunts - and the latter two aren't disabled unless the server host chooses to do so.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]