View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
The new fire 
always sneaky

Post The new fire
Ok i want to ask something and i hope is not too much....

Can somebody release a patch that replaces the new fire with the old fire?... you know my pc is a bit old, ... and i don't have enough money to buy a better pc... here are my specs:

intel pentium 4 2.80 Ghz
Ram: 512 Mb
Gfx card: Nvidia geforce 5500 FX
Etc.

As you can see (and im gonna repeat) my pc is a bit old and i don't have the money to buy a new one.

So..... here is my problem and i hope that somebody can resolve it. Thanks.

Solid snake.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Post Re: The new fire
Your computer is old? Check out the specs this computer has.

Intel Celeron 2.00GHz
254MB RAM
Not really sure what my GFX Card is. Lets just say this computer is in the same condition it was when my dad first bought it... in 2001.

Thu May 06, 2010 3:12 am
poopies

I might work on it, if Wartorn isn't ATM.

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Thu May 06, 2010 3:40 am
Wy Hai Thar!

It isn't going to make a difference either way. What causes most of the slow downs is the amount of actors themselves that are used, and how the transparency is abused.

The only real way to fix this is to reduce the number of actors, but I have more pressing things to resolve first before I get to it.

Believe me, I experience the slowdowns too so I feel the pain, and I've had exactly the same card before (GeForce 5500), but the "new" fire effects are not to blame for it - nowhere near like how many there are.

Thu May 06, 2010 6:49 am

There is another way, possibly use the Duke3D fire or something like it and have it clip the floor. While it is flying through the air, have it more like a fireball.

Thu May 06, 2010 8:49 am
Profile WWW
john madden

<Minigunner> wrote:
I might work on it, if Wartorn isn't ATM.

If you think you can fix it, make a patch and pop it over in our forum so we can see it. Although ultimately you should probably ask Metal/Eruanna first, if you're going beyond graphics.

Thu May 06, 2010 1:56 pm
always sneaky

Ok maybe the fire isn't laggy but what causes this is maybe the amout of mechs on a match.... i can play AOW13, 10 with a bit of lag but when any mech (specially high level mechs) is in field my fps goes to hell (if you know what do i mean). Well i have to deal with it until i got money for a better pc.

Fri May 07, 2010 3:14 am
poopies

Solid: AOW13 is currently being optimized.
Wartorn: I might actually do some Decorate editing as well in that patch, so yeah, I will consult w/ Eruanna.

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Fri May 07, 2010 4:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]