View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Unban? 
Hi

Post Unban?
I am not sure where to post this but I got vote banned from Grandvoid AOW2 server because I was "c4 hacking" whatever that means and it is really annoying to have vote ban enabled since every kid can just vote ban for something retarded and other kids just press 1 and bam you are banned for C4 hacking and I dont even think such cheat exists in the first place.

And now I am banned till 8\10 for nonexisting cheat by a bunch of 13 year old kids GG.
Someone should turn off vote ban option and have actual admins on the server doing there job and also have actual mature admins so this game would not turn like CS:S.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:04 pm

Post Re: Unban?
DarkMasK wrote:
it is really annoying to have vote ban enabled since every kid can just vote ban for something retarded and other kids just press 1 and bam you are banned for C4 hacking and I dont even think such cheat exists in the first place.
The alternative is to let real cheaters and griefers ruin entire games. On balance I'd prefer to keep some way to get rid of them.

DarkMask wrote:
And now I am banned till 8\10 for nonexisting cheat by a bunch of 13 year old kids GG.
It is 8/10 right now. Voted kicks only ban for 10 minutes.

DarkMask wrote:
Someone should turn off vote ban option
Believe me it's been tried.... The result is never pretty.

DarkMask wrote:
and have actual admins on the server doing there job and also have actual mature admins so this game would not turn like CS:S.
The admins are mature and they are doing their hobby, which is not a job at all; however, there aren't many mature people willing to donate their time to policing AOW2 servers.

You can be one of the mature admins! For now, just send a report to one of the actual admins with a demo and logs and/or screenshots of whoever kicked you.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:29 pm
Hi

Oh yeah I checked out and I am unbanned.
I thought 8/10 means 8th October since here in my country we write day before the month and not vica versa.

I got kicked via vote ban for "c4 hacking" having demo or logs is irrelevant since I am guessing my ban and reason was written on the server log and if I got banned for non existing cheats such as c4 hacking then I shouldnt prove my innocence.

This is the problem in numerous games in which banned player needs to prove his innocence instead of proving that guy who "cheated" is in fact guilty.

In order for a banned player to prove his innocence you need some facts that MAY SEEM that the banned player infact is guility.
You dont see cops around arresting people and saying you stole this much money and if you cant prove you didnt therfor your guilty.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:48 pm

They're not to prove your innocence, but to prove the vote abuser's guilt, since as you say, the admins cannot assume that he's guilty just because you called him out in this thread. It will also make it easier for admins to find his name and IP address in their logs. They surely have better things to do than combing through logs trying to figure out what was going on in the game.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]