View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:34 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
*Cough* *COUGH* *Cough* 
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

Post *Cough* *COUGH* *Cough*
Code:
[21:40:37] <@Dusk>: so
[21:40:49] <@Dusk>: word on the block is that the aow server is running with a fraglimit 50 and it's literally tdm now
[21:41:01] <@Eric>: wat
[21:41:06] <@springy>: FUCKSAKE
[21:41:12] <@Dusk>: ima go see
[21:41:19] <@Eric>: fucking retards
[21:41:34] <@Dusk>: yep
[21:41:40] <@Dusk>: tho
[21:41:41] <@Dusk>: 25 frags
[21:41:52] <@Eric>: o wow
[21:42:03] <@Eric>: is that team-based or what
[21:42:11] <@Eric>: individual players?
[21:42:53] <@springy>: Bunch of spastics
[21:43:02] <@springy>: (Not you lot)
[21:43:05] <@DevilHunter>: oh god dammit
[21:43:14] <@DevilHunter>: Xfire's In-Game, and Ts3 Overlay Clashes
[21:43:17] <@Dusk>: yeah i'm pretty much done with aow now
[21:43:23] <@springy>: :(
[21:43:33] <@springy>: I don't blame you
[21:43:35] <@Eric>: 25 frags is nothing
[21:43:36] <@Dusk>: that was the last straw
[21:43:42] <@Eric>: i don't even consider myself to be getting started at 25
[21:44:00] <@springy>: AOW IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE STRAIGHT UP FUCKING DM OR TDM OR WHATEVER
[21:44:12] <@Synert>: boop
[21:44:17] <@Synert>: is this the russian be server
[21:44:20] <@Dusk>: yeah
[21:44:26] <@Synert>: no surprise
[21:44:26] <@Eric>: tasteless retards
[21:44:28] <@springy>: IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TACTICAL I WAS ONE OF THE FEW WHO ACTUALLY PLAYED IT PROPERLY
[21:44:28] <@Synert>: they're idiots
[21:44:29] <@Dusk>: the fraglimit was voted for
[21:45:00] <@springy>: Honestly this really puts marmite on my toast
[21:45:11] <@springy>: And I fucking despise marmite
[21:45:49] <@Synert>: well
[21:45:54] <@Synert>: the people who voted for it are also idiots
[21:45:57] <@Eric>: [15:44]   <Mikachu>   how do i fix the frag limit on a server
[21:45:59] <@DevilHunter>: Where is this server... I don't see it
[21:45:59] <@Eric>: [15:44]   <Mikachu>   im trying to correct everything
[21:46:01] <@Eric>: [15:44]   <Mikachu>   and im not sure if that was the real dusk that just came into the room but he was pissed
[21:46:02] <@Eric>: [15:44]   <Mikachu>   and was like 8 months of work for nothing
[21:46:04] <@Eric>: HEH
[21:46:06] <@Eric>: H E FUCKING H
[21:46:07] <@Eric>: HEH
[21:46:09] <@Eric>: HEH
[21:47:46] <@springy>: It's not even funny these spastics rarely even knew how to play the game in the era just after Voltlock
[21:48:03] <@springy>: But this is just the definition of retarded
[21:48:18] <@Eric>: well i guess they fixed it now
[21:48:32] <@Dusk>: still
[21:48:35] <@Dusk>: this is beyond retarded
[21:48:37] <@Eric>: yes
[21:48:43] <@springy>: If Oxford dictionary caught sight of this they'd put typical AOW "fan" as the definition of retard
[21:48:45] <@Dusk>: it's like a circlejerk
[21:48:51] <@Synert>: I still like the part where they had to make their own damn server
[21:49:02] <@Eric>: they didn't make their own server, though
[21:49:14] <@Eric>: they need BE because their mexico internet sucks too bad
[21:49:17] <@Synert>: they used BE I know
[21:49:19] <@Synert>: hjalg
[21:49:20] <@Medicris>: aow board disabled
[21:49:20] <@Medicris>: oh okay
[21:49:28] <@Dusk>: yeah i'm pretty much done
[21:49:36] <@Medicris>: I can understand
[21:49:37] <@Dusk>: i mean it with the last straw
[21:49:43] <@Synert>: "I'm done"
[21:49:46] <@Synert>: "I'm fucking done"
[21:49:54] <@Eric>: seriously fuck this shit
[21:49:55] <@Synert>: "You gotta draw a line in the sand somewhere, man"
[21:50:02] <@Dusk>: i've had enough with these mewling morons
[21:50:04] <@Dusk>: just about enough
[21:50:07] <@Eric>: fucking losers want to keep playing their shit
[21:50:09] <@Eric>: let them
[21:50:12] <@Synert>: "You gotta look inside yourself and ask, 'what am I willing to put up with today?'"
[21:50:14] <@Dusk>: i tolerated them years
[21:50:17] <@Synert>: "NOT FUCKING THIS"
[21:50:17] <@Eric>: we've given them so much
[21:50:23] <@Eric>: and they haven't even thanked us
[21:50:34] <@Eric>: so you know what
[21:50:36] <@Eric>: fuck them
[21:50:43] <@Eric>: we're packing our bags
[21:50:45] <@Synert>: eric they've been like that as long as I can remember dude
[21:50:52] <@Eric>: yes Synert
[21:50:53] <@springy>: Always
[21:50:57] <@Eric>: and now they don't need us anymore
[21:51:01] <@springy>: Probably even Voltlock era
[21:51:04] <@Eric>: they're happy to keep playing their shitty versions
[21:51:09] <@Eric>: who are we to stop them?
[21:51:12] <@Dusk>: well i'll keep the board open
[21:51:13] <@Dusk>: but i'm done
[21:51:21] <@Synert>: the downfall of aow begins
[21:51:26] <@Medicris>: >begins
[21:51:29] <@Medicris>: ur late
[21:51:49] <@Eric>: yeah we were talking about stopping a while ago
[21:51:55] <@Eric>: around the time the BE server first showed up
[21:52:02] <@Synert>: you should just hand them a completely broken build
[21:52:07] <@Synert>: say they can take over from there
[21:52:15] <@Synert>: wait nah they'd use the current one instead
[21:52:21] <@Eric>: yeah it wouldn't work
[21:52:24] <@springy>: Great, this has officially made this the worst week now thanks to a bunch of completely disrespectful cunts who can't even appreciate newer improved versions
[21:52:43] <@Synert>: so dusk
[21:52:53] <@Synert>: does this mean I'm allowed to go grief the shit out of it again
[21:52:57] <@Dusk>: do fucking whatever
[21:53:00] <@springy>: That Dusk has actually rightly said he and you lot put 8 months of solid work into that

Also the forum is disabled and Mr. Bloax here is too stupid to enable it. EDIT: BACK IN BUSINESS
well i hope someone is happy now

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:32 am

Post Re: *Cough* *COUGH* *Cough*
It looks like new drama in AOW world :))
What a u talking about?
Quote:
[21:51:04] <@Eric>: they're happy to keep playing their shitty versions

Ye, cuz new version - its beta version. No one loves bugs/imbalance. And this version avaible only in TX GV server - its unreal play for me, i have 300-350 ping there. Like other euro players - 200-300.

About BE AOW server - it created when was available only beta1 version. and people want to play the full version of game. there is a demand - a suggestion. no one had thought to insult / offend developers thereby.

Quote:
[21:51:21] <@Synert>: the downfall of aow begins

For me best version of gameplay its 1491. but he have realy many bad - like cashes in wall, selfheal by repear gun, old utility gun, slow speed of all classes and etc.
In this moment the best version its 2539, cuz it full and havent any bug. good for frag and fun. i understand opinion what aow its not only frag game, but Very many peoples loves aow for teamDM playing, and i think need respect view this people to.
Now peoples have choice of versions, and i dont think what is realy bad.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:34 am
I can Dance all Day, Dance All Day

From MiFU on IRC wrote:
[11:51:00] [%MiFU] "The devs are going to stop upgrading the mod if the playerbase are just going to stick with an old version. betas are out there so people can test them, and have a say or most commonly give feedback to the devs so they can improve. Since it is evident that the playerbase is stuborn as all fuck and rather play old versions 24/7.... bye bye AOW"
[11:51:56] [%MiFU] "That being said, help the devs to help you, or... do not expect any favors"

Could of said it better Myself

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

^
Not to mention that the whole-hearty culprit of all this is the absolute lack of any communication;
Code:
<@Bloax>: Just throwing everything out would be kind of stupid.
<@Medic|AFK>: with all due respect, I honestly do wonder
<@Medic|AFK>: what would anyone gain from us not doing so?
<@Medic|AFK>: I'm not coming up with anything.
<@Medic|AFK>: players are content with what they've got
>>> <@Medic|AFK>: and the other side's sick of it being in a one-way relationship with them <<<

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:54 am

Quote:
Ye, cuz new version - its beta version. No one loves bugs/imbalance. And this version avaible only in TX GV server - its unreal play for me, i have 300-350 ping there. Like other euro players - 200-300.

We don't like bugs or balance issues either, but we can't fix them if all you guys do is dick around playing on your 2539 server. The betas need to be played so we can know about the bugs and the balance issues. The entire reason we release public betas is because we don't have enough private testers to simulate a full-size game. There's nothing we can do if people don't play the betas.

Quite simply: if people refuse to play the betas, we can't continue development.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 am
Lead Artist

And if people don't just refrain from giving information about the betas (there is some posted here, which is good. But IS THERE MORE!?!) but even completely dick around in an entirely different server with the previous version, then uh..
I think you've witnessed the result of that. I'm pretty much the only one not raging because I'm some kind of weird optimist.

Edit: Oh, and if you want a description of the situation at hand:
Code:
<MiFU>: well you know
<MiFU>: the dev team is wasting time
<MiFU>: no one is playing it/testing it apart from you guys
<@Bloax>: No one is COMING UP with something.
<@Bloax>: apart from us

Nobody cares at this point, because nobody cares to make us care, and nobody likes this.
Oh, and the majority of our community has left over the past two years. And we can't communicate with the rest. (oh thank lord, i thought this wasn't going to get worse!)

Nobody from outside wants to join this because it's infamous and apparently nobody likes us. The current community makes it a true effort to actually pull something out of.
Nobody is finding the imbalances/bugs of the new version. Nobody cares.

And so the other guys kind of got enough of wasting time and effort. And now I feel bad.

Truth to be told, it'd be more worth the time to try and breach into a new audience and adapt the mod to those at this point.
Because UGH, this has been going on for far too long.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:58 am

First of all I'm glad this discussion reached the forum.

Secondly, I'm very sorry to see this development. I know you devs/Dusk put down a lot of effort into this and rarely get thanked for it. So Thanks!!! You are doing great work.

Honestly, the player base are retarded. What do you think you get when you play a 20 year old game. Old farts like me wanting to play their child hood favorite or new dorks who are still living at home and just can't appreciate effort. Stubborn people that instinctively does not want change.

But, sadly enough, also the developers are retarded and hang around on IRC far from the action. An example of that developers don't know who plays their game:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1087

This you say to what probably is the best player _currently_ playing AOW.

So, what do we have to work with here now we have two camps of idiots who just don't talk to each other.

Communication! Right now I agree that the Beta is less buggy than the production version. But also, playing AOW on the BE server the last week has been more fun than in quite a while. Because there has been energy sparked of change. There has been tried old maps, soon new maps, and the settings has been meddled with to see what happens. For example mechs on AOW06 works. Since so many players has been taken in as admins there has been attendant administration. That fraglimit was just a troll vote

So I say. Come to the BE server. Meet the players! Play! Take the fight! Talk to players and inform them. Get them to play the new beta. I have tried but I can't test it alone. What we lack is communication!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 am
Lead Artist

K4r4t3k4n4k4s wrote:
This you say to what probably is the best player _currently_ playing AOW.

Ahem;
Medicris wrote:
Simply walking in with an ego the size of Mars won't give anyone any more reason to value your input.

*Cough* This is by far more than enough reason for what was said. *Cough*
I'm very tired.

But the thing is just that while we could of course try and be arsed to play, it doesn't solve the problem that we're usually the only ones on the forums/IRC.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Well we don't have to argue about that, it's personal opinion and the least important part of my message. :)

What is actually needed:
1. Get people to play new beta. I'll ask Zoido to take BE the server down
2. Have Developers and hard core players present on the beta server explaining why changes has been made and noting bugs. Also pointing people to the forum or the IRC channel.
3. Fix bugs as soon as possible and keep updating the beta package (as far as I know there are fixes done not in the public beta)

I can help with number 3 if there's any mapping involved.

As to improve the communicating part is there be something done with the Welcome message on the server ? It's too large and only shown for a short while. Can the server message frequently pointing out that this is a beta and report any issues to the forum ?

Everyone need to work on humility and less hostility. These last hours there has been good testing done from both parts. Show's there's enough people wanting this mod to live!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 pm

ye, i can understand view of developers. but, it only beta version, and this need test. ye, we can test it. 1 hour. 1 day. maybe some more, as often as necessary. but play always in this beta version not good idea, its not fun. u say what need change version on BE server to current. i think its not good idea to. if i dont want play this version, why do I have to do it and why I was forced to give up choice. This shit.
If developers made a new version of AOW and all play the old version - it says a lot. not only about what it has bugs (for example in old versions like 1491 was a lot of bugs, but people still loves to play it.) lack of people in the game says that the current version of the WORSE. new is not always better. In this version, a lot of bad innovations, and the crucial for AOW, such as harvesting / spawn room / give bullet armor for 300$ / fast XP for c4, deleting plasma cannon and etc.
I understand what developers spent a lot of time and effort into this version, and thanks for that. but can still listen to the opinions of players and find a compromise? do not change radically the concept of the game, and leave the choice of such classes through a button, but remove the bullet armor and experience for c4. Generally as rightly said - to communicate.
Sry if something you can be rude, but I tried to to be frank )

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 pm
Lead Artist

xstreet wrote:
but can still listen to the opinions of players and find a compromise?

This is the biggest buggers of them all, because we have to get hold of you (the crowd) to discuss that.
Which is kind of silly, because it's infinitely easier and (well, should be logically) for both parties to have the crowd come to the developers and have a chit-chat now and then.
(And that's also how it's done pretty much everywhere else. o_O)

Instead of us having to breach the fourth wall to get hold of something. :|
xstreet wrote:
do not change radically the concept of the game

This came very much accidentally as the aftermath of Dusk's decision to rewrite a lot of the systems behind all the funk. Which took some serious time, and in all that time someone was tinkering and tinkering.
Trust me in that it has been heavily discussed that we're going much astray from the previous release and so quite a bunch of ideas were turned away simply to not make it too different.

So yeah, it's unfortunately what happens after eight months from the previous release. (hurp)

xstreet wrote:
and leave the choice of such classes through a button

This was actually (very successfully even) done for versatility and ease of addition to the system.
Like, take the new "Combustion Autorifleman", that's a new weapon with a new class. Now, instead of having to add a new button to eeeeeeeeeeevery map, it's just done to the menu - and voila, instant working class!

xstreet wrote:
but remove the bullet armor

I can agree that it's painful to fight enemies with bullet armor with laggy explosives, but otherwise - explosives tear them the fuck apart.
In addition I find it very handy to be able to handle pesky bullet hosers. Instead of being at a disadvantage because there's no protection against bullets.
(I say this because all but the long-range bullet weapons are most effective at close/mid-close range. Which is exactly where you're gonna be fighting in your base.)

xstreet wrote:
and experience for c4

I definitely agree that it's just a tad too extreme at the moment. Though it'd be a shame to reduce it.

xstreet wrote:
Generally as rightly said - to communicate.

thx for the input brah - we need dis kind of stuff

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Quote:
Which is kind of silly, because it's infinitely easier and (well, should be logically) for both parties to have the crowd come to the developers and have a chit-chat now and then.

ye, many players just play, and not use this forum. if they like game - they play, if they not like - they dont play. its logically to )
possible to solve this problem as i see it to be in the game - and see what people think about game. ye, ofcuz all havent much time for it. but here in the forum there are many players who understand the game - perhaps one should listen to their opinion.
Quote:
bullet armor

maybe u right, but 300$ for this? in last version the best crate it was bullet proff, and now this armor free (not need barracs/res for this, and it cost realy small). i think better do it dependent of res/bar (like sniper/comando or etc), then cost it minimum 1000$, and talking in field about it ("caution! bullet proof in field!").
Quote:
harvesting

its new conceptions to. now harvest realy bad. 1) easy kill him. 2) small money for it 3) small xp for it.
its broken tactic of atack teberium field for kill harvest = no money for enemy.
Quote:
plasma cannon

like for me - what this weapon deleting - this not good to. it was balanse weapon. many cost/wait 5 min before buy again/if res or bar destroying - u cant buy it. its cool for stop mechs and cool for destroy building.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Quote:
maybe u right, but 300$ for this? in last version the best crate it was bullet proff, and now this armor free (not need barracs/res for this, and it cost realy small). i think better do it dependent of res/bar (like sniper/comando or etc), then cost it minimum 1000$, and talking in field about it ("caution! bullet proof in field!").

Its protection against bullets has been weakened since 2539, and its weakness to explosives has been increased to the point that one missile is enough to kill a machinegunner.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm
Lead Artist

Oi, and the plasma cannon hasn't been removed. The timer's just broken. :v

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:38 pm
Lead Artist

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]