View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:36 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
AOW13 - Lava Giant 
poopies

Post AOW13 - Lava Giant
Thread for comments on this map.

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:38 am

Post Re: AOW13 - Lava Giant
1 thing that could be fixed is the lava in the sky box. it is way too big. it may be better to use line_horizon in the sky sectors.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Wy Hai Thar!

Line_horizon adds to the problem - not detracts. And it already is in use in the main sky sector itself to stretch the lava.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:39 am
poopies

I'd suggest to:
1) Increase the skybox viewpoint height.
2) Make the skybox circular, make the edges slope up to the height of the skybox viewpoint, and remove the Line_Horizon.
3) Yes, please reduce the lava texture scale.
4) As for the "secret", make the whole trippy thing last only throughout the duration of the song, and revert everything afterward.

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Sat May 01, 2010 11:39 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

1) Why?
2) Interesting trick... I'll try that later to see if it would work.
3) The reason why it is so big is to reduce repetition. It looks even worse smaller. With #2, though, it may look better.
4) I'll have to think about it.

Mon May 03, 2010 8:16 am

When ever this map gets chosen by the server or something, so many people have trouble with it lagging their computer which results in a vote to change map. I have never played this map online and I would like to.

Mon May 03, 2010 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Used to be Stalin

dark-slayer-201 wrote:
When ever this map gets chosen by the server or something, so many people have trouble with it lagging their computer which results in a vote to change map. I have never played this map online and I would like to.
If the vote fails, usually it results in a big bitchfest, ragequitting, or one team just ceasing to play, resulting in a terrible failure of a match. I have YET to play a proper game here.

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Mon May 03, 2010 1:36 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

A newer version of the map is being made that addresses some of the bottleneck and framerate issues. Remmirath has already managed to nearly triple the FPS of this map offline, at the sacrifice of some quality, but it may actually be more beneficial this way gameplay-wise anyhow.

Mon May 03, 2010 3:48 pm
poopies

Yay, no more vote-spamming within the first 0.000000000000001 second of the match!!!

Tue May 04, 2010 11:19 pm
Some L00nt!ck

Yes... I hope to see this map in AOW (But It could use some less sniper fiendly fields.) And also,the skybox is one big HOM for me when I play it and its distracting and I cant play like that, it also lags a little because of HOM. I hope to see this remade and fixed :)

Sat May 08, 2010 6:02 am

'RifleMan wrote:
Yes... I hope to see this map in AOW (But It could use some less sniper fiendly fields.) And also,the skybox is one big HOM for me when I play it and its distracting and I cant play like that, it also lags a little because of HOM. I hope to see this remade and fixed :)

Is this thread any help?

Sat May 08, 2010 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Some L00nt!ck

Nah... I use software mode. the sky (And the ground I think) are HOMs even at software.

Sat May 08, 2010 10:54 am
Bitchin' Mapper

Thing is, it irks me that I can't reproduce this issue on both of my machines. :(

Sat May 08, 2010 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Wy Hai Thar!

'RifleMan wrote:
And also,the skybox is one big HOM for me when I play it and its distracting and I cant play like that, it also lags a little because of HOM. I hope to see this remade and fixed :)

This is a known issue with GL compatibility mode.

We STRONGLY do NOT recommend playing in compatibility mode, but if you must, we've made some provisions to at least remove the HOM when you do. It looks like utter crap but it's at least playable - and that is the absolute level of support we are providing with compatibility mode - we're not going to break our backs to make sure anything else works.

Check it in Software mode, it looks a lot better.

Tue May 11, 2010 4:07 pm
Some L00nt!ck

Hmm..I I think you did not notice the following post... I was using software mode, and the HOM still happened (Online)... I dont use OpenGL

Tue May 11, 2010 6:30 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

Have you tried using a fresh ini?

Tue May 11, 2010 8:45 pm
poopies

The HOM happens randomly in all three modes. This is definitely a vexing bug.

Tue May 11, 2010 11:09 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

Your issue is slightly different, Minigunner, and that is unreliable support with the UDP protocol, especially when sending large amounts of data.

Wed May 12, 2010 3:32 am
Used to be Stalin

Revamped version is far superior. Looks better and I have a feeling will play much nicer. Great job!

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Wed May 12, 2010 2:57 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

Thank you. :)

Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next