View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Limit money 

Post Re: Limit money
Maybe if you stand still for too long credit flow for you stops?

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
hnnnnnnnnng

Sounds good- but for how long? Around 10 minutes sounds good enough to me.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Whoa whoa whoa, what's will all of this "forced spectating after 10 minutes" business?

Nightfall wrote:
Maybe if you stand still for too long credit flow for you stops?

^THIS is what I was talking about before. :P Something like that would help.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:42 pm
Used to be Stalin

I'll agree to that. But I still don't get why it's a big deal. Sure they may have more money, but does that really matter?

The force spectate business is to open up slots so you don't get uneven teams in that half a team is afk.

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:04 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

AFK for 5 mintues: Force spectate.

This can be done with a client-sided script, and was one of my original plans before I retired.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:21 pm

NitroMako² wrote:
What about: "You can't earn money on spawn room"?

Sometimes I wait in the spawn room for the last for example 100$ for a class or a weapon.

Also why should I be punished, when I'm not afk^^

The idea with force spectate/stop credit flow after x minutes, makes more sense :)

But it doesnt matter for me also if an afk guy has much money ^.^

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

De-M-oN wrote:
Sometimes I wait in the spawn room for the last for example 100$ for a class or a weapon.

No one will wait for only 100$. If I need that amount of credits, I'd ask to donate me some. Those guys think to earn like 10.000+... by doing nothing, just waiting drinking a beer until their team stops to refin.

Personally, I don't like this. I prefer to make a 'Force Spectator System' after an amount of time.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:14 pm

The only downside is how easily this can be bypassed, all it takes is a +forward in the console at spawn, and now you're moving constantly while afk.

Cyber's Mediafire Stash: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2696c142fb786735ab1eab3e9fa335ca16e1e3ea928c1b46

Code:
Riding the Wave is Skeith, the Shadow of Death, to drown all that stands.
Mirage of Deceit, Innis, Betray all with the flawed image, and did aid the Wave

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:06 am
Profile WWW

But then couldn't you just base the "afk-checking script" upon actual momentum instead of whether the player is in their See state or not? Because if they continually press forward then they're going to hit a wall within a few seconds, and then their momentum would be 0.

Although i'm not sure if there would be any other elaborate methods of working around this, such as using aliases to force movement commands that move players in a circle ... although that would be easily detectable by other players in the game, and plus if there's any lag that client might get kicked for excessive movement commands.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 am

Ænima I appreciate your input, but IMHO you are still thinking about this in the wrong way.

Why should AFK players' incomes be limited?
Ænima wrote:
Agreed. It sucks when ONE guy on the enemy team goes afk for like 30 minutes, and then afterwards he is able to buy Juggernauts NONSTOP.
If this were a winning tactic, then we should encourage people to hide in the spawn room until they have enough cash to buy Juggernauts nonstop. It wouldn't have anything to do with AFK, because they wouldn't be AFK. They would just be running around in the spawn room, waiting for their team to call in an endless stream of juggernauts. Before you say that AoW2 players don't have that kind of organization or patience, let me say that this is an idealized case intended to illustrate the following.

Perhaps you think that this is a "cheap" (a.k.a. winning) tactic. Then the fact that any player (say one per team) can do more for his team by not playing rather than by killing enemies, repairing, or harvesting is a serious flaw in gameplay that has nothing to do with being AFK.

Fortunately, this is not the case. The gunman, shotgunner, engineer, and harvester are all free classes, and they can all make money by shooting people or doing useful stuff.

Hiding in the spawn, AFK or no, is not a way to make money! Going AFK is not cheap; it's team hampering!

Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2