View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Destroying your weapons 

Post Destroying your weapons
Is this an improvement to an already-existing feature, or a new feature entirely?
Improvement.

If an improvement, what original feature is it improving upon?
Weapon system.

How would this work?
Player binds a key that drops destroys (simply because players wouldn't be abusing it like dropping weapon resign choose another class and pick it up. That was done with suiciding.) the current weapon. BUT you can't destroy the ORIGINAL WEAPON THAT COMES WITH THE CLASS! Simply because I would get the stealth trooper class, pickup a gattling gun, drop laserrifle and be a speed minigunner which is not so good. AND it should have a delay before it destroys. Simply because players wouldn't be destroying their weapons before death because that sucks.

Can you give an example in how useful this feature would be?
Alright, I picked up a great set of weapons from the battle field: Laser Chaingun, Volt Autorifle while having my SSG. That's awesome. Now I come to pick up a backpack and what I got is a.... Weak Sniper rifle yay me! And now whenever I use selfheal it switches to the weak sniper rifle and it takes me time to change to the weapon I want. While doing that, waiting for select and deselect once I got it, my enemy was attacking me and then when I started firing I died. Hooray. Now I would want to get rid of the sniper rifle so it doesn't bother me and makes it harder for me to use a weapon I want to! But sadly... I can't.

Last edited by Konda on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:58 pm
Used to be Stalin

Post Re: Destroying your weapons
I maintain killing weapon drops all together would solve a lot.

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Spirit Soldier wrote:
I maintain killing weapon drops all together would solve a lot.

It would be nice for a player to find a backpack with a good weapon nobody else found, or they thought it was a map spawned backpack...

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:10 pm

I'd say keep the weapon drops, but not have the acs force sv_weapondrop true. It still so that you can disable weapon drops, but it you want them on for your server, then why not?

This way a server hoster could either choose to have sv_weapondrop to true or false, depending if they want drops or not.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

I don't think that the problem is big enough for this kind of a system should be implemented in response..

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:20 pm
Profile WWW

@konda:

bind your weapons to keys like x=slot 0, q=slot 7, w=slot 3, e=slot 6 and so on instead of scrolling through them..

Its this way much faster to access your wished weapon due to direct access instead of the scrolling process and you get the weapon you wish to have.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Doesn't anybody use number keys for slots anymore? :|

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm
Profile WWW

numbers are out of range of left hand especially with AOW weapons where the important ones are at 8, 9 and 0 and such.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:38 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

There are like 4 weapons that use the same slot.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 pm

learn on which slot every aow weapon is and you dont have all weapons aow has at once.

So in most cases you access your wished weapon directly or at 2nd press.

This is still faster then scroll through all of your weapons with mousewheel + the disadvantage behind it, to scroll precisely so that you dont switch too far.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Yeah, but I need it quick and I have only 1 key free at hand. While I guess which weapon takes which slot I die.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:21 pm

If anyone doesn't mind, would the person who designed the current weapon layout post their template? As in,

1: Weak weapons
2: C4, Rifles...
3: Shotguns...
4: Automatic bullet, semi-auto bullet...

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:39 pm

I believe that'd be Voltlock, and the system appears to be:

Slot 0: Repair/Medic/Disarm guns, other non-combat weapons
Slot 1: Melee / C4 Explosives (Timed and Proxy only)
Slot 2: Hand explosives (grenade, remote c4, beacons)
Slot 3: Slow-Firing, precision hitscans
Slot 4: SMG and Shotguns
Slot 5: Rapid-Fire hitscans
Slot 6: Asplosives
Slot 7: Fire/Chem
Slot 8: Lasers
Slot 9: Utility and top-tier guns (time gun and plasma)

Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Konda' wrote:
Yeah, but I need it quick

Then this is the method to go. Much faster than this stupid slow scrolling ;)

Konda' wrote:
and I have only 1 key free at hand.

o.O How comes that?

Konda' wrote:
While I guess which weapon takes which slot I die.

How said. Learn it.

Its it worth. (assuming you get some more fingers for weapons free instead of only one.)

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Protip: 98d fixed a bug in the "use" command not working online, so you can bind specific weapons to keys, rather than slots. Use Doublebinding/Rebinding for maximum effect!

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 am

Konda' wrote:
and I have only 1 key free at hand.
Oh nice, enough for 4-8 binds. :P

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:49 am

Eric wrote:
Protip: 98d fixed a bug in the "use" command not working online, so you can bind specific weapons to keys, rather than slots. Use Doublebinding/Rebinding for maximum effect!

Thx for this tip.

Thats useful for for example utility guy. When he has a Plasma Cannon, then I could get it always first again.

But a better standard keyconf file was noticed by eruanna, but unfortunately it didnt made into the game so far. Would be great, if this is in some of the next releases the case.

If you dont remember what I meant: Stealth Rifles should always come first, self-heal should always come first. Maybe repairgun/medic gun before if you have on of these. and Util guy should always get Plasma Cannon first. If he has one and gets attacked (or the base) and he has to switch through util stuff to finally get the Plasma Cannon is not so good :D

What is also bad, but thats rather a skulltag problem I would say -> if you have more than 4 weapons on same slot you do only get 3 weapons. In case of utility guy you get with a plasma cannon just PC, Util Pickups and Util Caches. If you want the other ones you need to scroll again.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Eric wrote:
Protip: 98d fixed a bug in the "use" command not working online, so you can bind specific weapons to keys, rather than slots.
Hmm... I wonder if this allows one to implement weapon selection order with binds. I'll have to try that soon.

EDIT: Looks like "maybe," but the bind needs to wait a tic between trying each weapon.

EDIT2: ... because you can only try to use one weapon at a time, and if you do all of them together like bind e "use pistol;use shotgun" then it won't even try to use pistol, so you have to bind e "use pistol;wait;use shotgun"

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:31 pm

I would like to talk about this further, sorry for bump.
hay gais i just ssg'd a snipar and pickd da wep up bcoz nobody else wuld b able to pikitup and rofl me ololololololololo and I dont want dat wep and nao I want 2 destr0y eet but sum gais told meh to bind 10 keys I dont have at hand and memorize 300 weaponz im wat slot thay bel0ng and 2 deal w/it ololololololololololololol
:|
I ran into 100+ situations where I need a good weapon quickly but I have to scroll through 100 weapons I don't need and by the time I scroll to the weapon I'm rofl'd. Really. Some weapons I just want out of my inventory and I don't want to memorize which weapon belongs to what slot because I don't play AOW 24/7 and don't want to memorize such things nor I have 10 unassigned keys at hand I'd only use for AOW and it's stupid.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 pm
How is babby formed?

I made this suggestion earlier.... I didn't know someone else already had. I think there should be a discard button. I love the mouse wheel and I'd rather not bind a bunch of keys. Will if I have to though.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:14 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next