View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Orca Gunship 
Unwanted Timecop

Post Orca Gunship
Is this an improvement to an already-existing feature, or a new feature entirely?
Improvement (Balance)
If an improvement, what original feature is it improving upon?
The Orca Gunship
How would this work?
Well basically, at the start of any maps, the Orca could only be buy after 4-5 minutes in the match.
Can you give an example in how useful this feature would be?
This would prevent people from going all over the opposite team's Tiberum field and camp there at the start. (It's kinda cheap to always get fragged by Orca camping over Tiberum field when your only weapon is Sub-Machine Gun)

Fri May 20, 2011 2:48 am

Post Re: Orca Gunship
Harvesters are not meant for full combat. They have the SMG for self-defense, and the class is too slow and lightly armored to choose it to fight with.

I think that team you were working with doesn't understand teamwork. Get a few gauss guys or a heavier mech out to defend the harvesters as they do their jobs. Gauss rifles do a particularly good job at killing or discouraging enemy Orcas.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:18 am

Medic wrote:
Harvesters are not meant for full combat. They have the SMG for self-defense, and the class is too slow and lightly armored to choose it to fight with.

I think that team you were working with doesn't understand teamwork. Get a few gauss guys or a heavier mech out to defend the harvesters as they do their jobs. Gauss rifles do a particularly good job at killing or discouraging enemy Orcas.

Depends on what maps we are talking about. If it's something like AOW02, guass guys are fucked as the orcas survive before reaching and killing them.

Fri May 20, 2011 9:14 am
Unwanted Timecop

Medic wrote:

I know I could ask it but sometimes, the Orcas players are camping with some other Orcas(like 2 or 1) wich makes it difficult to get rid of even with Gauss Riffles.

Fri May 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Medic wrote:

I agree
Gauss rifles is very excelent against the orcas. 4 or 5 hit and it's finish, it's particularly easy.

Fri May 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Kirboy wrote:
Medic wrote:

I know I could ask it but sometimes, the Orcas players are camping with some other Orcas(like 2 or 1) wich makes it difficult to get rid of even with Gauss Riffles.

Yeah, I get what you mean. In that case, you may have to stage a heavy rush with both gauss guys and mechs. Don't think that mechs alone will have the long range power to kill, they are only tanks to allow the commandos in your squad move up.

An attack by a single player on a heavily guarded area won't live, no matter how good that player is. The enemy team is using teamwork, and everything but teamwork will fail against teamwork.

On another note, this feature and other mech related nerfs (like having to wait 5 minutes to buy another mech) were in previous versions of AOW2 but were removed since they plain did not fix the gameplay as intended and raised new problems. Sucks, I know.

Fri May 20, 2011 8:37 pm

100% agree to above post.
commando class, commando rank, full upgrades plus crate upgrades CANNOT stand up to >3 players in tandem, no matter how good you are. this is true even on defensive. (EXCEPT if they are noobish enough to rush at the obelisk and get zapped.)

Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 am
Unwanted Timecop

You can put this in "Rejected Suggestion" now.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 pm
sada

It my first time to hear this kind of gunship , sounds this gunship is useful by the time of war.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:02 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]