View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
[r1826 - AOW14] Mechs Getting Onto the Middle Ledge 
:/

Post [r1826 - AOW14] Mechs Getting Onto the Middle Ledge

With the Wolverine and Titan, just get on the small ledge and eject. Then, enter while jumping. With the Madcat, it's a little different because of its kneeling posture, but likewise, just get off the ledge and do it. It might take a few tries, but it works. It happens on both multiplayer and singleplayer, and is reproducible.

Sat May 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Post Re: [r1826 - AOW14] Mechs Getting Onto the Middle Ledge
Anyone got any idea why exactly this happens? Looks like it's another problem with Skulltag's morph code to me.

Sun May 22, 2011 12:05 am
Profile WWW

There is also a bug when someone ejects facing at a decoration (that is blocking), so when he enters again he is stuck. Then he can eject in another direction and escape the blocking decoration. In this case, I guess that the mechs get stuck when ejected in the direction they can't reach, so when you enter, instead of being stuck, you go up where the floor is because that's how the doom floor physics is. Seems like the ejected mechs are being spawned a bit forward.

Sun May 22, 2011 11:57 am

Moved to vexing.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 am
Profile WWW

The thing is, when you pick up the mech thing (which has radius), your actor (you) morphs on the position you were standing when you made contact with the radius pickup actor, rather than being put in the center of the pickup actor upon morphing, so you might be able to reproduce this if you eject near a cliff and make contact with the actor behind it somehow. Other than that, check the spawn code upon rejection. If it spawns the mech at any map unit other than zero, then there's your problem. However, even if it doesn't, a player can make contact with the actor not strictly from its behind, but only enough to make the player "climb" on the cliff. If the plyer spawned a mech upon rejection at other map unit than zero, then that would only help in this bug's reproduction, fixing that issue won't squish this bug.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 pm

The ejected mech is spawned exactly at 0,0,0 of the player's coordinates.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:28 pm
Profile WWW

You need to memorize the ejected mech's coordinates and teleport the player to those coordinates upon morph.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:30 pm

That's easier said than done...

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:39 pm
Profile WWW

I have an idea on how to implement this!
In shotgun frenzy you could build turrets by picking up their construction markers. We had the same problem. What I did was that I made the actor you pick up spawn an actor when the actor you picked up was in spawn state, also give itself a dummy item. Then the spawned actor would check if its target (parent, actor you picked up). I discovered that when you pick up an actor, it loses all of its inventory, so I used that to make the small actor spawn the thing it was supposed to construct. I'd use that mechanism but instead of spawning it would explode with an explosion radius equal to the mech pickup actor's radius, and in player's pain state make the player teleport to the coordinates of the actor who hit him with the small explosion, and after that morph into the mech.
:V

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]