View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
All Out War 2 Tournament: Update 
Used to be Stalin

Post All Out War 2 Tournament: Update
Welcome to the All Out War Tournament 2

The rules are largely the same as last time. Please help promote this in game. Maybe we can generate a better response than last time!

Organizers:

I am now sole "organizer" of this. Lenin has left the building.

Referees:
JetForceSoldier
DarkestEvil
Medic

Server:
Canadian Bacon: Server admin: Wartorn

STANDARD ETIQUETTE APPLIES

If I see you harassing other players, taunting other players, degrading them in any fashion, you will be 1)warned 2) the server host will be notified, and they will do as they desire.
Be polite and be professional

Set Rules:

-There will be 30 minutes of regular game play. After this, ticket mode sudden death will go into effect with 40 tickets per team.
-5 players per team will play. Servers will have a player to client ratio of 10/16 for subs to jump in when necessary and for spectators to watch. A designated referee, or myself will be watching all of the matches to make sure it runs smoothly.
-Subs must be organized. No conscripting spectators. Get subs far in advance, and have team leader notify an organizer.
-Subs do not have to concede their spot to the main players if they ragequit or are late.

Limits

I am setting a 1 plasma cannon per team limit, note that crates contribute to this limit but can surpass it
Also, I will be setting a mech limit. Each team can have only 1 heavy mech (jug, titan or madcat) and 2 light mechs on the field at a given time. This will eliminate any complaint of titan/jug spam.

Agreeable rule

If both teams desire, mechs do not need to be used at all (However, if one team wants to use mechs, mechs WILL be legal to use). If Mechs are not supposed to be in play and I see a utility guy building a raven/wolverine, they will be booted. Further, whoever uses that built raven/wolverine will be booted, and no subs can take their place.

Teams

Pools are there. Captains will select one player at a time from the draft pool. I strongly advise contacting 2 subs outside of the draft. Subs can be from other teams except for the one you are facing.

Teams of 5 players.
Follow the format given in the sign up topic.
**NOTE** Individuals MUST post their timezones. See format. Don't ignore it.
I am not forcing you to sign up on the site this time, however, it would be beneficial to do so, in that I'm not post these rules anywhere else.

Scheduling

Not doing set times. This time, you will have x amount of days to complete your match. If we have elimination style, if you don't show up, your team is out. In round robin style, you get no points.

MAPS Edited: please note

I set the maps through a randomizer and selected the maps for you. However, the top and bottom two teams will face off and then you can picked those maps.
I am giving you a lot of choice. Calls of imbalance in the actual map will be disregarded; it is up to your defense men to be solid in their duty. I have seen both teams win in any map with both sides having SOLID teams and epic defenses. This go around, the teams can pick their map when the get in the game. The team leaders will agree on the map.

You are free to choose ANY map, except for the following:

AOW05: Volcanicity (reason: mechs perma-disabled *however, if teams agree to no mechs, you can play here)
AOW06: Renegade (reason: mechs and spam across the map *if you think you guys can play without spam across the map, you can play here)
AOW08: Island (reason: its just too damn big)

*note* AOW07 is acceptable, however, I don't want to see mechs/plasma spamming the war factory from across the map

Failure to pick a map will result in me picking the map for you, no matter how much you hate it. So read these now and decide amongst your team mates where you want to go.

Reasoning behind some of these rules:

WTF ONLY 1 PLASMA CANNON?????
It is 5 v 5. There are other weapons. Learn to use them.

WTF mech limit? Why?
It’s 5 v 5. How many do you need? Go ahead and try to justify the need for more. There have been a lot of complaints.

No spam? Who will be the judge of spam?

Me and whoever else is watching

If you have any further questions or concerns PM me or make a topic, and I will either modify these or further justify what I have written.

Stalin

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Last edited by Decay on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:58 am, edited 10 times in total.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:00 pm
Used to be Stalin

Post Re: All Out War 2 Tournament: Update
I have updated the first post. Minor revisions. TL;DR: Lenin left, this thing is moving slow but I intend to pick it up.

Quote:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:40 am
Used to be Stalin

1st post revision regarding team sign ups, addition of built wolverine being illegal if teams agree to no mech battle.

Quote:

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:14 pm
Used to be Stalin

Rules revised.

Quote:

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]