View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:59 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Alright... 
Used to be Stalin

Post Alright...
I know that the dates and the times keep getting fucked up. I am very aware of how disorganized this is. Please bear with me, I'm doing what I can.

At the request of MANY people, I have MOVED Friday's scheduled matches to SATURDAY. So don't fret about it. As a result, you see that some matches have been pushed to the following weekend. No more interference with work/school (hopefully), at the cost of you guys having to play a match (or two) the following weekend.

I realize that most (if not all) of this shit storm is my fault, what with server troubles, terrible scheduling and general disorganization. So I apologize to you people for failing in this so far. It is almost over, let us just see it through to the end.

Respectfully,

Stalin

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Fri May 14, 2010 3:30 am
Wy Hai Thar!

Post Re: Alright...
I gotta be honest here, Stalin, you're doing a lot better than I expected you would.

Just remember, though, you're dealing with the Skulltag community. The same community that raged all over Tiger for his attempts to set up some competitive tournaments in general, called him the worst organizer in the world, etc, etc. I admire that you've gotten this far without giving up yet. :) Keep up the good work! You can pull it off - sometimes you just have to realize the naysayers need to STFU and let the people who want to do this, to play, and though you can't tell them that directly, knowing it does help motivate you past their ill-conceived criticisms.

Fri May 14, 2010 12:32 pm

I'm with Eruanna on that. I wouldn't have bothered setting this up. That you're getting replies for different times just means there's support for the tournament, and you're catering for the majority. It's the first time anyone's tried this so it's no big deal if there's a few hitches to sort out. If I haven't said it before, thanks for the effort.

Fri May 14, 2010 4:34 pm
Used to be Stalin

Thanks :) I really am trying hard to get this all sorted out, and of course there are lots of bumps in the road. I'm am just hoping now to have a replacement server for Node 3 (Deathbringer disappeared) and once that is there (praying for it) then as long as people show up, the rest can run smoothly (I hope). As a relatively unknown face to the Skulltag community, it is a task to get people to listen or provide me with a server. Of course, not without reason; if a random person came up to you asking for something that you pay for, are you just guna give it to them? Very unlikely. Like I said, all I can do is try my best and hope for the best.

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Fri May 14, 2010 9:43 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]