View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:08 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AOW Tournament sign up. 

Post AOW Tournament sign up.
(Note: Please ask people while IN-GAME to help promote this)

Most of the tournament details have been set, but Stalin and I would like to give people lots of time to create a team. Many people do not realize how they function together; AOW is not merely about brute force, rather, teamwork is extremely important. Use this time to figure out who you ENJOY playing with, who do you WORK WELL with. We want this to be fun.
Each team is to be comprised of 5 players with 2 subs.

For legal participation in this tournament, participants MUST REGISTER TO THIS SITE. The purpose of this is promotional.
Players should sign up in teams of five if possible. Subs are to be requested, you may pm a player asking them to be a sub for your team. (Subs can also volunteer, and do not hold a team loyalty unless the team they are subbing for is playing the team that they are a main). Please PM members or ask IN-GAME if they are willing to form a team with you. Come up with a creative team name if you desire. There does not NEED to be a team captain, however it may be beneficial to have someone be a leader.

Also, after some discussion Stalin and I decided to allow individual sign ups, pairs, etc (not a complete team). The only thing about this is that if you sign up individually you are going to be placed on a team or we will make a team out of those who have signed up individually. However, if there aren’t enough players that signed up individually for us to make a team that would mean that they can’t compete in the tournament. The best we could do for them in this case is try to assign them as subs for a team and from that point on it’s up to the player and the assigned team to communicate when his/ her services are needed as a sub. Therefore, ideally everyone should be getting into teams of five to seven in order to ensure participation in the tournament. We look forward to competing with you all in AOW’s first tournament.
The number of teams will determine what style of tournament this will be; if we get 8 teams (miracles do happen), a knockout tournament style will be played.
Please post your teams in this fashion:

Team 1
1.Claudioira
2.Mancubus
3.Lefty
4.Blox
5.Minigunner

Team 2
1.DarkestEvil
2.Leehiufugn911
3.Michelle
4.Solid Snake
5.Mr. Freeze

Team 3
1. Rifleman
2. HappyEastBirdShip
3.Jetforcesoldier
4.Ramf
5.Rabbitlord

Team 4

1. Lenin
2. Stalin
3. Tai
4. TheChosenOne(Tornado)
5. Revolt

Team 5

1.Lawa001
2.Thomas
3.Atma Chaos
4.RiderReloaded
5.Slime dweller

Team 6

1.Death bringer
2. Eric
3. Cyber
4. Caller
5.hellknight

If you have any questions feel free to PM myself or Stalin,
Thanks, Lenin

Last edited by Vindicator on Thu May 06, 2010 4:38 am, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:34 am
Used to be Stalin

Post Re: AOW Tournament sign up.
I would like to place emphasis on the first paragraph. The tournament date(s) itself is yet to be set; although it will be soon, I promise you. It is all dependent on the response. I really want you guys to be comfortable with your teams; make use of the servers that are already up (I don't know when Supergod will put his server back up).

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:47 am

Sign me up as an individual, as long as I get teamed up with people that aren't dead from the neck up. So is the server going to allow people to choose teams?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:30 am
Used to be Stalin

Yes; but please, take the time to go play with others and hopefully build a team. There is no rush, we are just letting you guys know way in advance.

Quote:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 am

im siggning up as an individual, but i might not be able to truly participate due to my time zone
wish i can

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 am

I too would like to sign up as an individual, If anyone wants to include me in their team please do. I dont know most players well enough to form a team. I'm open to offers :).

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 am

Ditto. I'd want to sign up as an individual, but I do not know players well enough to form a team myself.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Used to be Stalin

Hit the servers and find out. You don't need to ask the people, just see how well you guys can communicate. Like I said, there is no rush, and I would rather let you guys decide for yourselves than have us make teams.

Quote:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Ive got no problem with communications. In fact I tend to do alot of organising during a game and get frustrated with 'spawn room punchers' and afk players who just take up spaces on a team. Maybe us individual players should form a 'noobs and billy no mates tournament team' We will always lose of course, but half the fun is the battle.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 pm

That's what i was acutally going to say the next person to sign up individually will make your team of 5 so if you want to pm each other and familiarize ureselves maybe practice abit feel free to do so, I highly recommend it. If you want to provide a team name for me feel free to do so again communicate amongst yourselves and let me know.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Signing up s an individual.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 am

Great that means that we have our first team.

Team One

1. Darkest Evil
2. Leehiufugn911
3. Michelle
4. Arezey
5. Mr. Freeze

I highly recommend you pm each other and get familiar with each other, get more organized, if you see your teammates in game introduce yourselves and let them know you will be on the same team. If you wish to provide a team name let me know and I can change that for you, but for now you are team one.

If you have any further questions feel free to pm myself or Stalin,
Thanks Lenin

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:14 am
Used to be Stalin

Due to the in-game response, I'm amazed we got this D:

Quote:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:09 am

i would like to sign up as an individual

Claudioira[7DS]

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:37 am

Not a bad team, all the players on team one are good except me.....I should know Ive been killed by them all enough times! All we need now is a little practice together and some more teams.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 am

exactly and michelle dont be so hard on yourself lol your a very good opponent, but good to hear that you know them and that you'll be practicing don't forget to promote the tournament in-game I would love to see us getting another team today or tomorrow but that might be asking too much:P. Anyways good luck practicing

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 pm
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

Did someone say "AOW2 Tournament" ?

You might be able to count me in. But I'm warning you, I'm only on from 11 AM to 7 PM (GMT) on weekends. That's 11:00-19:00 if you don't know the AM/PM expressions.
And that, means that I'm only 'available' from 11 AM and that I disappear at 7 PM.

Off-topic:

Some team set-ups that have a chance of working out nicely may be;

Code:
1/2 Attacker(s)
1 Utility
2/3 Defenders
0/1 Harvester. (2/3 If the team is broke. The rest defends.)

Another one;

1 Attacker
1 Supportive attacker (Not the main attacker. Possibly a medic.)
2 Utility/Defenders
1 Harvester

And;

2 Attackers
2 Defenders
1 Utility

All this depends on the team members.
The rushing killing machine, is obviously the attacker.
Those that don't mind marching around the base, that at the same time are good at shooting. Can take up the defender spots. (P.S: As a defender, do NOT flee. You're the one that stands for defending the base, after all.)
A supportive attacker could be a great help to the attacker. But that depends on how good the attacker IS.
The ones that know most/all the sneak-spots and can place turrets well. Can be the utility player. (Reminder: Utility players DO have repair guns for disarming and repairing.)
And the harvesters are not necessary. (But they sure are useful for keeping your credits high!)

P.S: I'm signing up as teamless. And that means that a team can pick me up. (Unless I really don't want to be in it. *Most unlikely.*)
I only do this because I don't feel like being placed on a random team!

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm
Used to be Stalin

More people :O incredible.

Also, I would like to note in advance if you have a team prepared, don't wait to post it up. We would like to see who has been taken and who is available.

Another note, if everyone could promote this tournament while they play, I'm sure we will get even more players:) It would make Lenin and my job a lot easier. I will be writing up all the official rules tonight --> if anyone wants a preview, pm me. I am open to all your input, even if you don't think so. I want this to be fun and successful, and part of that is LIKING the rules.

Quote:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks for your interest Blox however I would like to point out that if you sign up as teamless you WILL be placed on a random team and I don't think we like hearing things like if I don't like them I'm not playing. If you wanna ensure that you like your teammates please talk to people you know and put a team together and then sign up as a team. I am not writing your name as signed up yet because I want to make sure that if you enter a team I only have you down once. So I await your reply as to if I should sign you up as an individual (or on a team) which means that you will have to cooperate on a random team.

Thank You, Lenin

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:16 pm

Can I sign up? :P

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next