View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:35 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AOW Tournament sign up. 
Used to be Stalin

Post Re: AOW Tournament sign up.
Of course; spread the word

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Count me in as an individual. My in game nick is leviathan atm. Yeah, that leviathan >_> I've said for a while now there should really be a tournament with some teams that know what "teamwork" is meant for in a team game. Props for pushing for it, here's hoping it works out.

Are you going to be hosting it purely on American servers?

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 pm
Used to be Stalin

Depends on if anyone is willing to help run this with me. As far as Lenin and I are aware, I am the only official host, and that will be a Canadian server.

Quote:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:26 pm

I am happy to announce Omega will be hosting as well and has offered to shut down his other servers during match times to ensure the least amount of lag as ppossible, but lag shouldn't be an issue with a 5 v 5 anyways. I would like to thank him and everyone who has shown interest in this tournament so far. Don't forget to promote it lets make this awesome and prove doubters like Gosimer wrong!:D

Keep up the enthusiasm,
Lenin

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:26 am
poopies

Then count me in!

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am

GREAT! We already have our second team, lets keep up this pace we'll have a great tournament.

Team 2

1.Claudioira
2. Mancubus
3. Lefty
4. Blox
5. Minigunner

Once again I suggest PMing each other introduce yourselves and get some practice in.
Best of Luck,
Lenin

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:53 am

I'm thinking we can use omega's servers to to practice before the tournament and for the actual tournament. At the monent they are 4 vs 4 but I'm sure that could be increased to 5 vs 5 for the tournament if the other servers were shut down. I wanted omega on my team but he says he will watch only. I played Omega's AOW2 server yesterday and the lag was minimal even with Mega Ping Kazuki playing and maxed out rocket turrets.

Also take the opportunity to play my wad on Omega's Walkways Of Death co-op server!.......... you never know you might enjoy it

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 am

I really hope those "super-hax-players" like Cyber or Gosimer won't show up..

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Wy Hai Thar!

arezey wrote:
I really hope those "super-hax-players" like Cyber or Gosimer won't show up..

When you type something like that, they will.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 am

I can't wait until they show up. I want to blow them away 10 times in a row, and watch them rage.

Revenge is a bitch.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:10 am

Can I be a spectator instead. I want to watch the tournament. :)

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

I already told Gosimer he is not allowed to join the tournament because of some negative remarks he made in-game so you don't have to worry about that. Also, michelle yes, that's a good idea to use Omega's server as a practice server as well maybe the two teams already established can help each other out?

Lenin

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am
Used to be Stalin

Atma Chaos wrote:
Can I be a spectator instead. I want to watch the tournament. :)
The way I'm setting up the server(s) is a 10/14 player to client ratio, so anyone who has the password to the server is welcome to spectate if they are not playing. Please sign up, we would love to have you play :)

Quote:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:20 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

Lenin wrote:
I already told Gosimer he is not allowed to join the tournament because of some negative remarks he made in-game so you don't have to worry about that. Also, michelle yes, that's a good idea to use Omega's server as a practice server as well maybe the two teams already established can help each other out?

Lenin

Huh.

Well it ain't my thing, but if it were me, I would allow him in anyway. Goss CAN be a dick at times, but from the statements I've read in this thread about him, it almost sounds like he's been challenged.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:30 pm
Some L00nt!ck

Sign me up in a team (I will play on Obsidian server only.When the games take place in canada server I want somebody who pings good and is a good player to take my place in those matches.)
Time available: from about 16:00-19:00 PM, GMT+2.
I really hope this becomes a big thing , and I must be in a team where -TEAMWORK- Is strict, I was once in a team which included many of the finest AOW players, but since we did not co operate, the enemy team took out our bases with no sweat. I learned from that lesson and now I want to be put in a very Discipline and Co-Operating team.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:19 pm
Used to be Stalin

'RifleMan wrote:
Sign me up in a team (I will play on Obsidian server only.When the games take place in canada server I want somebody who pings good and is a good player to take my place in those matches.)
Time available: from about 16:00-19:00 PM, GMT+2.
I really hope this becomes a big thing , and I must be in a team where -TEAMWORK- Is strict, I was once in a team which included many of the finest AOW players, but since we did not co operate, the enemy team took out our bases with no sweat. I learned from that lesson and now I want to be put in a very Discipline and Co-Operating team.
The only Obsidian server I have seen in a while is the Skulltag April Tournament server. So lower your standards first.

You MUST be in a strictly disciplined team? You would do better to build a team or ask someone to partner with you, because signing up individually means you will be assigned a team whether or not you approve of it.

The timing may or may not be a huge issue, I have yet to determine this.

I'm glad you realized that teamwork is essential to winning.

Quote:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Quote:
Well it ain't my thing, but if it were me, I would allow him in anyway. Goss CAN be a dick at times, but from the statements I've read in this thread about him, it almost sounds like he's been challenged.

I already did ask him to sign up and that's when he started making the rude remarks, bashing it comparing it to other tournaments that have failed, and trying to deter promotion. I don't want anyone in this tournament who doesn't believe in it and I'm sure Stalin would agree, the only way I would personally allow him is if he signed up a team otherwise I don't think it's a good idea. I don't want him entering the tournament with bad intentions (trolling) and as a result his teammates he was assigned to failing in the tournament because of him, just my take on it. He wouldn't want to sign up anyways, as I said I asked him and his response was no.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:02 pm
Some L00nt!ck

Eh, When I meant "Only obsidian UK", I meant that I will only play in a european server (SuperGod's perferred) I am aware that Eruanna's servers are closed for now, so I would like to participate in the european server's events, and have somebody else (If I can choose him, I would like to) Replace me whenever matches happen in canadian servers.
I learned the lesson of teamwork Of course, And I am often aware when I can rely on others (According to some players who I know are supporters and Apperciate them) And when I will really need to be vigilante not to let anybody sneak. I often choose the offense option since I want to back up my team, But since as a result of that few people go Utilities and maintain the base, We lose easily. Therefore, If my team doesn't include somebody who is a smart utility guy ,I guess I will have to put down the Gauss or whatever weapon and start maintaining the base ( I kind of wish there was an accomodation for different roles, Such as base crasher, Offense, Defence, Maintaince etc ... which appear at the scoreboard at the end of every match.So players will be more motivated to be utils, also If their structures would award frags it would be more encouraging.)

With that said, I wish good luck for everybody in the tournament :geek:

'RifleMan

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

IM IN OK DUDE I WANT TO JOIN

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 pm
Mikachu

Sign me up as a individual :D . HappyEastBirdShip

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next