View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
How to kill mechs 

Post How to kill mechs
Since you guys love to complain about how overpowered mechs are, I've written up a little guide on how to kill them efficiently and effectively. Split into infantry tactics and mech tactics.

Weapons with anti-mech capabilities:
  • Gatling gun (altfire)
  • Mass Driver (altfire)
  • Gauss rifle (altfire)
  • Plasma cannon
  • Bazooka (primary fire)
  • Chem spray (Primary Fire)
  • Flamethrower (Primary fire)

As a mech

As an infantry

Edit: added warning about Titan's flamethrower and the chem spray and flamethrower to the list of anti-mech weapons.

Last edited by Eric on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:10 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

Post Re: How to kill mechs
Stickied, as this is good info.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:37 pm
:/

My Tactic to kill a Juggernaut is to rush it and use flamethrower. For Madcats, I use suicide ravens

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 pm
BUDDHIST. AMEN

well i use jugg as an anti mech.. i mid-close range mini nuke the opposing mech, that way they cant dodge my nuke and if they are a light mech their done for the day. i have the strange ability of being able to dodge with a jugg...

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:43 am
Some L00nt!ck

What I do against juggernaut, Is that I usually avoid infantry combat due to their sniping nature. However I will go infantry if I am a high rank, so I can survive atleast 1 heavy gauss slug. Otherwise, I will be a titan usually, since it's shells are very effective against juggernauts in higher distance. LRM's are for medium range, and the flamethrower is actually extremely devestating in close range.

Against other mechs or against juggernaut with me having high rank and armor, Is a plasma cannon. Extremely devestating against mechs...
The Orca VTOL Is probably one of the trickier.... I usually avoid open areas, and Go via tunnels
I use homing missiles, GaussRifle or Gatling altfire against them... Not so hard to take out, but can surprise you preety easily.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Orcas like to come low to try to crush infantry. If you see it early enough and run backwards with it, you get two massdriver shots before you take crush damage. Can't tell you how many times I've downed an orca this way and I prefer them to try to do this to hovering above me where it's harder to hit. Most times, at that range, it only takes two massdriver shots to take one out.

Ravens like to run you over too. Pot shot with massdriver, running backwards as soon as you see them and try to abuse their field of vision by putting obstacles between you and them that they may not notice to slow them down a little. Finding somewhere to hide and shoot at them should be your priority, so have somewhere to run to in mind as you run back whilst shooting. Remember that they can't jump, but you can!

Plasma cannon one shots orcas or if it doesn't it has extremely low health left.

Orca vs orca, try not to use the rockets if you're close because you take splash damage from your own rockets from the other orca! The guns are more useful but getting the first few shots in with rockets if you haven't been spotted gives you the upper hand. Listen to the engine sounds of the other orca too. When it's stuttering, it's almost down, so don't retreat if you've got a bit of health left.

Orca vs any other mech, you can fly, they can't, abuse their field of vision and fly from infront of them to behind them, going over them whilst shooting rockets. It's harder for them to track you than it is for you to hit them since they're practically stationary compared to you. It might not damage them enough to kill them, but if there's infantry around, you've got its full attention so keep evading and take pot shots with rockets because you have a better chance of surviving than infantry does and they'll be looking too high up to notice infantry. Surprisingly with a bit of luck you can take down any mech with an orca, but it's not as easy to do and requires you to have a lot of space.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:16 pm
Derp.

I mostly use the Orca VTOL to take out the infantries. I can easily keep my distance and shoot them down with the machinegun fairly quickly. Also, if the Orca's health is running low, I usually attempt to crash-land the Orca on the infantries. This will cause some heavy splash damage to the infantries, as well as killing a few of them, and any 'Mechs that are near the crash site will also take damage.

Occasional inspector of the All Out War 2 Wiki.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Laser chaingun I often use to distract a mech, while the damage is not significant the constant *pings* will get the pilots attention. Also at a range you can still be semi-accurate with it. So in short use the laser chaingun to distract a mech while you're buddies take shots at it with mass drivers.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:03 pm
:M BIRD LOL

If I'm all out of money and we are gonna die anyway, what is the best free class to go after mechs with while I wait for the game to end?

Mon May 30, 2011 6:04 pm

My gut feeling is that any free class will just make the enemy stronger, since there's bounties and XP.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:20 pm

The closest I can think to cheap mech killing is the SSG, which only works against the Orca (as it's weak with 1000HP), and even then only effective in point blank range, which kinda implies suicide. Add $200 more and you can buy Minigunner which takes Orcas and other mechs down more effectively.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile WWW

Minigunner's the cheapest without being useless. That's about it.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]