View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Take over enemy tib fields as soon as you can for victory 

Post Take over enemy tib fields as soon as you can for victory
Overview:
I've been using this "strategy" I thought of for a while. It is based on not letting the enemy harvest triberium crystals. This is very logical, but I decided to publish this just in case.

Why?
In order for a team to get stronger, they have to research, as most of those researches benefit the team in terms of building defenses, assaulting, and funding. To research, they need money, and the fastest way to get to money is by harvesting triberium crystals found in the triberium fields. If you manage to stop the enemy team from harvesting triberium crystals while your team is actively harvesting, your team will be the first to improve and attack. And while your team attacks, the enemy team will most likely not have enough resources to defend itself, making your team the winner.

Since I'm too lazy to type "triberium field" every time, I'll type "tib field" instead, ok?

How?
Well, for starters, you simply go to the enemy tib field and kill whoever tries to pick up a crystal. However, the enemy can kill you and therefore give its team enough time to harvest a few crystals, while your objective is to possibly stop the enemy from harvesting completely.

So, I can't just go there by myself and stop it, what do I do now?
1. It is highly recommended that you get a few team mates to help you do this job. That is, team work. But you need to note that you and your team mates are far away from base and that you're not going to restore your health by pressing use on a refill temrinal, because there is no refill terminal in the surface of the enemy base! Due to this, you need to protect your team mates, because it will take them a long time to come to the enemy tib field after death and by that time the enemy might outnumber you and wipe you out. So, try to kill the enemy attacking your team mate whenever possible. For an example: you have an engineer attacking you with his handgun while your team mate is being crippled by a SSG guy. Since the pistol tickles, you can survive it while killing the ssg guy and kill the guy who wields it after that. Normally players would take care at the guy shooting at them first because they mostly care about kills, but what I'm talking about is actually a form of teamwork.

2. Become a utility guy or get a team mate to become one and come to the tib field you are working hard on taking over. At first, since the tib fields are mostly in closed space, the utility guy should at first block the entrances with mines. While the enemy tries to remove the mines, the utility guy can safely build ammo and health caches while the rest of the team with relatively full health can kill these guys trying to remove mines. That's when killing becomes more simple. The enemy's prime goal now is to remove the mines, because in order to get to you they have to remove the mines. So, they will not be as focused on killing you as they were before while your only goal at the moment is to stop enemy from removing the mines. gg.

2.1 Now that you took over a tib field, your job gets easier - now you just have to defend it. Tell the utility guy to stay with you because the enemy will succeed on removing at least one mine at a time, so mines have to be renewed. Otherwise the enemy would remove all mines and get to you. So make sure the utility guy stays with you as long as you're defending the tib field.

If your team succeeds in taking over the enemy tib field and defending it, by the time your team mates decide to attack your base will be secured with shitloads of defenses and you will probably have both health and ammo regeneration and the ability to pilot advanced mechs, while the enemy team that lacks cash can't afford such upgrades therefore failing to defend itself and not even thinking about attacking your team's base. Congratulations!

A few tips and tricks:
  • If the tib field is small or in open space (or both), you can try placing the mines in it. It is very funny. It's not very notable and as soon as the enemy steps into the field - boom, dead. Just make sure your enemy doesn't see you while you are placing mines and you'll have a good laugh ;)
  • If you manage to successfully take over the tib field, concentrate at most on defending it, and while doing that, tell the utility guy to build a mini refinery. There are two benefits: Your team will get more cash per second and you will be able to place turrets around the mini refinery to increase the defense near the tib field if the tib field is far enough from the enemy's base. It'll make your work a hell lot easier, and it's not just that, you can place the turrets in the open space around the tib field room, so interior won't be the only thing the enemy will have to clean up.
  • Try not to build a patch of 5 mines over 1 mine that got removed. Wait for more of them to be removed. You team has a limited number of mines it can use, and mines are needed for protecting base too.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:01 pm
Faith implies fate

Post Re: Take over enemy tib fields as soon as you can for victor
Well this always works as good strategy, I even wrote frustration when you can't harvest because there are so many enemies and you are in dilemma what to do to risk going with tib harvest for single crystal or fight back (Problem on very beginning). It is good strategy nothing more to be said.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:31 pm
Profile WWW

Konda' wrote:
If your team succeeds in taking over the enemy tib field and defending it, by the time your team mates decide to attack your base will be secured with shitloads of defenses and you will probably have both health and ammo regeneration and the ability to pilot advanced mechs, while the enemy team that lacks cash can't afford such upgrades therefore failing to defend itself and not even thinking about attacking your team's base. Congratulations!

You know, that's a great strategy and all, but that relies completely on your team actually working to get defenses and research up while you're busting your ass on the front lines.

75% of the time, I can't rely on my teammates to do that, so I just util the base myself and hope my team isn't too retarded to shoot people at mid while I get things set up.

Last edited by atac on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:44 am

Well duh, because if you take control of the enemies' tib then that frees your teammates up to TDM in the mid, instead of harvesting. :P (At least, that's happened to me.)

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:00 am

Almost all the time my team does research. And since most of the times people don't listen to you, it won't be likely that the whole team will fight for a tib field, at least not in bigger games.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Yeah true, but there's a lot of frag-happy people in AOW who don't like to sit at base and util while you go shoot people up, lol

For that reason I like to get an early game Wolverine (stopping their harvesting) or play Utility (early stealth defense) if I can. Either way, I find a smart harvesting player on my team and tell people to donate him for research. That does the trick.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:36 am

My team is too retarded, so fuck ! lol

I always rush at the start, with my lovely ssg in the tib field, but i often alone to do that. Finally I am alone versus the ennemy team and I die with my 2 frag max
We need a totaly Confidence with our team, to have a common strategy at the start. But It's sometimes difficult Between foreigner :| .

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]