View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
retardation epicenter 
Tib-rifle-n00b ;-)

Post retardation epicenter
I do not agree with you guys.

The weapons balance is ok as it is in r2539. And I have no problem with gangnam style players (no offense meant). ;)

Some time ago I thought people misunderstanding AOW as CTF were destroying the game. Going only cheap powerful 1-shot-dead SSG in small parties on mech-less maps the whole time is/was a win option.

After explicitly practicing SSG and other countermeasures like jumpjet-minigun SSG enemies state a much lesser problem now.

I also noticed certain gangnam stealth players on patrol somewhere, waiting for victims. I do not understand the problem, everything is allowed in war. Just be creative, avoid them or try a different strategy like mechs. If those players decide to keep in their base and wait for easy frags your team may have a midfield manpower advantage in SD.

It is not even necessary to think after an exhausting long day of work, just F12 and watch out for solutions.
(But do not expect me to give you a chance to F12 me doing my dirty job.) ;)

However, guys, everything I extensively use is removed or relatively weakened: stealth sniper, tib rifle, minigun, jumpjet, orca, supercaches in walls, sandbags, flash bangs, stealth, old AOW06 Renegade,... Your attempts to weaken me never were nor will be successful. ;)

Surrender or prepare to get erased.Image

<MAC> ERASER

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 am

Post Re: Stealth Trooper
Okay, I'll bite.

Eraser wrote:
I do not agree with you guys.

The weapons balance is ok as it is in r2539. And I have no problem with gangnam style players (no offense meant). ;)

Weapon balance is decent in 2539, I agree with that. There's a few underpowered weapons in it, like 2539's tibrifle among others. No idea what a "gangnam style" player is.

Eraser wrote:
Some time ago I thought people misunderstanding AOW as CTF were destroying the game. Going only cheap powerful 1-shot-dead SSG in small parties on mech-less maps the whole time is/was a win option.

After explicitly practicing SSG and other countermeasures like jumpjet-minigun SSG enemies state a much lesser problem now.

SSGs are slow and do have the shortest range in the game, it's nearly melee. It's not difficult to take advantage of that. They're potent but have an easily exploited fatal flaw. If anything, gatling guns and machineguns pose the greatest all-around threat.

Eraser wrote:
I also noticed certain gangnam stealth players on patrol somewhere, waiting for victims. I do not understand the problem, everything is allowed in war. Just be creative, avoid them or try a different strategy like mechs. If those players decide to keep in their base and wait for easy frags your team may have a midfield manpower advantage in SD.

The problem isn't players "keeping in bases and waiting for easy frags", it's about Stealths being used as scavenging midfield powerhouse prowlers with way too much room for error (being way too forgiving to terrible playing and bad decisions). Mechs are usually easy prey for a couple stealths with arty/plasma cannons. Re-read the topic.

Eraser wrote:
It is not even necessary to think after an exhausting long day of work, just F12 and watch out for solutions.
(But do not expect me to give you a chance to F12 me doing my dirty job.) ;)

However, guys, everything I extensively use is removed or relatively weakened: stealth sniper, tib rifle, minigun, jumpjet, orca, supercaches in walls, sandbags, flash bangs, stealth, old AOW06 Renegade,... Your attempts to weaken me never were nor will be successful. ;)

"I had to rely on broken crutch weapons and exploits to win, so natural balance tweaks made over the past few years must have been all because of me!"

Right. Keep stroking your ego, buddy.

Why would everything revolve around you if all you do is hide behind aliases for months at a time, and even then only unaliasing when you won to brag (and slinking away silently when you lost)? I didn't even know you still played the game since <MAC> dissolved, I haven't seen your name since. Guessing from the reactions I've seen in IRC, no one else has, either. That's a pretty inflated sense of self-importance you're rockin' there, thinking you're the center of everyone's attention when no one even knew you existed.

Eraser wrote:
Surrender or prepare to get erased.Image

<MAC> ERASER

This is almost worse than Twister's puns.

Simply walking in with an ego the size of Mars won't give anyone any more reason to value your input. I've also seen the post "report" you gave, which is highly disappointing to say the least.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Eraser wrote:
Your attempts to weaken me never were nor will be successful. ;)

You speak as if you've been anything but a pathetic has-been in the years since MAC broke down.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 pm
Tib-rifle-n00b ;-)

I respectfully request this thread to be locked and to resolve any misunderstandings.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]