View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Sniper class 
In God We Twist

Post Sniper class
I know what all of you are thinking, and most of you may think I am just whining out my ass like I usually do. But this time, it's a little different.

When the research center is destroyed, both the stealth sniper and the normal sniper become unusable. I find that kind of absurd, and would like to suggest to at least keep the normal sniper active. I know many of you may get even more pissed at me, but I am just suggesting this because it seems a little too weird. I mean, a normal sniper doesn't need to be attached to the research center as much as a stealth sniper, does it? I wouldn't mind having both snipers unusable when the barracks are destroyed, but the research center?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:23 am

Post Re: Sniper class

If I said what I wanted to say I'd probably get banned.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:43 am
Used to be Stalin

I have a suspicion you raged after losing the res center, only to find you couldn't snipe anymore. Thus you posted this.

There ARE other weapons. Try them out.

(This means I don't support)

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:45 am

Contrary to popular belief, there are other weapons that are good at sniping other than the sniper rifle. If you lose your Research Center, get the Gauss gunner class. The normal rifle also makes a pretty handy sniping weapon if you know how to use it.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:54 am

DarkestEvil wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, there are other weapons that are good at sniping other than the sniper rifle. If you lose your Research Center, get the Gauss gunner class. The normal rifle also makes a pretty handy sniping weapon if you know how to use it.

Yep.

I've also made about a billion kills by tapping the alt-fire on the Machinegun as well. It actually has a decent amount of range when you use it that way.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:37 am

Rifleman ftw.

Don't flatter yourself Rifleman, I meant the class

Last edited by atac on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:39 am

I don't think the machine gun's alt fire should be able to snipe. That removes 1/2 of the purpose of the rifle. IMO it should fire slower, but twice as accurate. /offtopic

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:40 am
Profile WWW

dark-slayer-201 wrote:
I don't think the machine gun's alt fire should be able to snipe. That removes 1/2 of the purpose of the rifle. IMO it should fire slower, but twice as accurate. /offtopic

Very few people I've seen can actually use it properly. I personally find it to be a jack-of-all-trades gun, it can hold its own in close combat but can be overpowered relatively easily, and its damage per second rate at long range is mediocre, even if you hit every shot, which nobody really does.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 am

Medic wrote:
Very few people I've seen can actually use it properly. I personally find it to be a jack-of-all-trades gun, it can hold its own in close combat but can be overpowered relatively easily, and its damage per second rate at long range is mediocre, even if you hit every shot, which nobody really does.

I do. :>

It's actually quite simple. If you've been playing Doom long enough, then you SHOULD know how to aim hitscan weapons. "Shoot ahead of the skeet"; in other words, shoot slightly ahead of where your target is running, and you'll hit them almost every time. It just takes practice.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:51 am

Of course. Everyone I've seen just can't deal with the slight spread it gives at longrange (hilltop-to-middleground on Glacier qualifies as long-range to me)

Back on topic though, no. No no no. The fact that your Res. Centre got destroyed is the fault of the team, and if the team needed to rely on snipers so badly (which is obviously a team of noobs) they should've kept the Res Centre in working order.

Basically, good riddance. It's a way to counter sniper spam, when you've got 5 snipers at different posts killing everything. I see the disabling of them as a good thing, even when I'm on the one that lost it: it forces my team to be more offensive and push into enemy lines.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:02 am

Bah. No.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:34 am
Profile WWW

And then you wonder why everyone thinks that all the suggestions you make are designed to make the sniper even more powerful than it already is.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:52 pm
poopies

All the reason why this is gonna be closed.

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:25 am
The AOW2 Janitor.

DarkestEvil wrote:

Locked, because honestly, this looks like a bawwwwwwwww thread, and this is likely to already get no'd by one of the devs.

----------------------------
Projects:
OMP: Opposition Multipurpose Wad (Primary Developer)
AOW 2: Omega (Tester)

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:10 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

Kirb wrote:
already get no'd by one of the devs.

Nailed it!

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:06 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]