View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:14 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
Replacement of Timegun 

Post Replacement of Timegun
Is this an improvement to an already-existing feature, or a new feature entirely?
Improvement (err... replacement?)
If an improvement, what original feature is it improving upon?
Timegun
How would this work?
Replaces the Timegun (class, crate, research, everything) with a teleporter gun, the one from hide and seek. To balance this, use of said gun will reduce user's health to 1 hp. The cooldown of the gun will be same as timegun. Its ammo (maximum 4) cannot be obtained by ammo packs, only full refill or ammo regen. It does not deal any damage. It can pass through sandbags and barb wire with the user and the sandbags unharmed, though.
The teleporter class, at 2500 credits, will come with commando armor, teleportergun, rifle, gattling gun, gauss rifle and 2 enhanced C4, plus a repair gun.
The research (unnamed yet) will be 2000 creds.
Can you give an example in how useful this feature would be?
Gives a strategy to using a formerly overpowered weapon. The timegun was overpowered as it easily 1hits people, and despite that it had 30 ammo charges, and commando armor. The timecop class was designated to get into bases and kill buildings easily, not for sniping. The new specs for the new teleporter class should be good enough, being a teleporting commando without bazooka.
It can make short work of infantry with gat, can kill mechs with gauss, can snipe with rifle, can foil defenses with rep gun.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Post Re: Replacement of Timegun
But I like that speedboost. It is something special (time gun).

How the teleport works? Random spot? Where? Somewhere randomly on the map or some particular spots?

If its randomly somewhere on the map I think its rather very very seldom that you get into an enemy building / safe place.

And also imagine it teleports you into good protected building with lots of turrets in it and mines and so on. Its rather your death then. Or imagine you was teleported in the middle of the enemy base.

And the Timegun was NOT overpowered .... Even it didnt one hit you, when you're not just an Private. And until you can buy a time cop you was by far not anymore a private. Also you have still to hit with it.

The only thing that I would understand would have been to take the time cop the ability to buy a Plasma Cannon.

But the complete removal to crate isnt understandable at all for me. It was in no way overpowered. Especially not with its price.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
:/

FYI, it DID one hit you when you're a private. Also, the gattling + gauss is over kill, just like Commando D:
Btw, if you played HnS, it shoots a highspeed projectile at a surface, and you teleport there. It'd hit razor wires and sandbags, so no exploit there, THOUGH I COULD SEE SOME RC ROOF ABUSERS .

I also think that the repair gun is a waste, and not needed, though I do see where you're getting at.

I prefer a 2 HP/s regen over this, to balance it out a little.

Verdict: No. I'd play HnS if I wanted to.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:17 pm

No.
NO NO NO.
Alright, as some of you here do now seem to have played Hide and Seek, I'll explain.
The teleport gun teleports you to where you aim it, firing an extremely extremely high speed projectile, and where that projectile hits, that is where you teleport to, instantly.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:19 pm

lawa001 wrote:
FYI, it DID one hit you when you're a private.

Yes. Thats what I said. And only a private. Higher ranks = no one hit.

You need to research timespace and you need to buy for 2500 the Time Cop. I'm very sure you're not a private anymore until your enemy has reached this.

leehiufugn911 wrote:
The teleport gun teleports you to where you aim it, firing an extremely extremely high speed projectile, and where that projectile hits, that is where you teleport to, instantly.

Ah ok. Then I've understood it now.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

wat

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

Pretty much everything to do with the Time Cop except the gun has been removed.

IMO we don't need any more classes or anything like that.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile WWW

Besides, consider about the mass amounts of trolling and faggotry such a gun could produce: you could teleport thousands of units in an instant, you could bypass any sector floor height (meaning you could climb on a rock - any rock - even those you're not supposed to go - by just shooting at the rock with it), you could get from the base entrance to a building in an instant, you could instakill mechs by telefragging them...

Definite no.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 pm
Profile WWW

Now that I think about it, it could be easily abused in AOW04, 05 06, 10, and pretty much everything else.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Lol image in AOW05 a player who teleports himself from his base to the enemy one.
Nah, nothing can replace the timecop.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Except another bitch sniper ;)

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:48 pm
john madden

this is dumb and you are dumb

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:51 pm

mlyp

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]