View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 12:02 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
A way to save All Out War 2 

Post A way to save All Out War 2
Sorry for crappy english.

From release to release you don't do anything with it. Please finally focus on these things already:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Give to classes Engineer and Utility Guy advanced repair gun by default, instead of the usual. Remove Technician class. Anyway, all the players (except noobs) ALWAYS buy the Technician class, or buy upgrade in Research Centre.

2. Oh, remove the stupid plasma gun overheat. Because of this, this class NO ONE else buys (or noobs only). Minigun shoots a lot faster than plasma gun, so why it does not have overheating? Players would rather prefer to buy Commando class for for $1000, instead of this useless and slow shit for $800.

3. Make health bars for Utility Guy's constructions. Give to Engineer and Utility Guy ability to repair them.

4. Medic is almost never used in the battle field, except for piloting mechs. Need to give him ability to see health bars above players head, and give him exp for healing.

5. Give the Utility Guy exp for building sandbags, razorwires, mines (proxy c4) and turrets. This will very help to stimulate the players to be Utility.
Nvm, I forgot about frags from turrets.

6. Maybe remove Commando class: all players prefer to buy Commando instead of slower and weaker classes Minigunner, Rocket Soldier and Gauss Gunner. Do something with these classes, or increase Commando price. How about $1700 (500+600+400+200)?

7. Remove imbalanced Stealth Sniper class. This class makes other classes useless. Why i must buy other classes if i can buy stealth sniper and easy kill any player from a distance, while sipping delicious tea. I often saw as many noobs, who have just downloaded this mod, immediately disconnect from the server, because they didn't understand why they are constantly dying and can't kill somebody.

8. Make stronger the Chem Warrior and Flamethrower Guy. They are so weak. At first 5-10 minutes they are good, but later they can't kill absolutely nobody (only with chem/phos grenades).

9. Increase speed of Laser Chaingunner.

10. Need greatly increase damage for rocket launcher (bazooka). This is so stupid when grenade soldier easy kill the ROCKET soldier. Rocket launcher must be powerful, like the original one from Doom. And maybe make rocket soldier slightly faster.

11. Remove Massdriver Guy class. This class no one ever buys.

12. Remove suicide dropping. It can stimulate buying other classes.

13. Gun turrets, advanced gun turrets, precision turrets and anti-mech turrets is almost useless and weak. This makes the interior defense pointless. Even one stealth trooper can destroy all gun turrets turrets is so easy. Anti-mech and precision look very useless too. I never saw (or very rare) that these guns are used to base defence. LRM turrets is much more preferable than this shit. Make them stronger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These things is a big problem for AOW2 (except the ranking system). Do something with it please, or this awesome mod can finally lose its popularity.

Last edited by Klotz on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:43 am

Post Re: A way to save All Out War 2
Klotz wrote:
Sorry for crappy english.

From release to release you don't do anything with it. Please finally focus on these things already:

Really? You're implying we don't do anything about the balance at all?

Klotz wrote:
1. Give to classes Engineer and Utility Guy advanced repair gun by default, instead of the usual. Remove Technician class. Anyway, all the players (except noobs) ALWAYS buy the Technician class, or buy upgrade in Research Centre.

Not too bad of an idea in itself but it needs to be discussed further.. the repairgun itself is not that big of a balance issue at the moment, honestly. Not that I wouldn't be willing to consider this.

Klotz wrote:
2. Oh, remove the stupid plasma gun overheat. Because of this, this class NO ONE else buys (or noobs only). Minigun shoots a lot faster than plasma gun, so why it does not have overheating? Players would rather prefer to buy Commando class for for $1000, instead of this useless and slow shit for $800.

The cooldown was made slightly slower.

Klotz wrote:
3. Make health bars for Utility Guy's constructions. Give to Engineer and Utility Guy ability to repair them.

Nope.

Klotz wrote:
4. Medic is almost never used in the battle field, except for piloting mechs. Need to give him ability to see health bars above players head, and give him exp for healing.

Question is: how? Give me working code you've written and I'll put it in if it works. Otherwise, wait until I get to it.

Klotz wrote:
5. Give the Utility Guy exp for building sandbags, razorwires, mines (proxy c4) and turrets. This will very help to stimulate the players to be Utility.

Then players will spam sandbags and shit all around just to get experience. Nope.

Klotz wrote:
6. Maybe remove Commando class: all players prefer to buy Commando instead of slower and weaker classes Minigunner, Rocket Soldier and Gauss Gunner. Do something with these classes, or increase Commando price. How about $1700 (500+600+400+200)?

I guess you never lost your Research Centre.

Klotz wrote:
7. Remove imbalanced Stealth Sniper class. This class makes other classes useless. Why i must buy other classes if i can buy stealth sniper and easy kill any player from a distance, while sipping delicious tea. I often saw as many noobs, who have just downloaded this mod, immediately disconnect from the server, because they didn't understand why they are constantly dying and can't kill somebody.

There are plans for the Stealth Sniper. They should be in effect in the next release. Exactly what is a secret. :)

Klotz wrote:
8. Make stronger the Chem Warrior and Flamethrower Guy. They are so weak. At first 5-10 minutes they are good, but later they can't kill absolutely nobody (only with chem/phos grenades).

This again is one of these open, unanswered questions. Exactly how should they be strengthened and how to make them not be overpowered?

Klotz wrote:

The Laser Chaingunner is shit, I know..

Klotz wrote:
10. Need greatly increase damage for rocket launcher (bazooka). This is so stupid when grenade soldier easy kill the ROCKET soldier. Rocket launcher must be powerful, like the original one from Doom. And maybe make rocket soldier slightly faster.

Then everybody will complain about how OP the bazooka is. Though it could use a little buff IMHO.

Klotz wrote:

Or make it worth getting..

Klotz wrote:

I don't know about this.

Klotz wrote:
13. Gun turrets, advanced gun turrets, precision turrets and anti-mech turrets is almost useless and weak. This makes the interior defense pointless. Even one stealth trooper can destroy all gun turrets turrets is so easy. Anti-mech and precision look very useless too. I never saw (or very rare) that these guns are used to base defence. LRM turrets is much more preferable than this shit. Make them stronger.

Anti-mech and precision turrets need a buff, true. But gun turrets are fine as they are. Stealthing is already difficult enough.

Klotz wrote:
These things is a big problem for AOW2 (except the ranking system). Do something with it please, or this awesome mod can finally lose its popularity.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

Quote:

I've been forced time to time to buy the Engineer, and I see no reason to why those two should get a better repair gun.
    Not to mention that the utility guy, with the ability to gain frag bonuses from turrets - is now pretty damn overpowered. Just look at the armor of that thing.

Quote:

I agree that the Gat(t)ling gun is overpowered as fuck, but that's because it's supposed to be superior to the machine gun.

Quote:

That would end up as a clusterfuck, not to mention that I already suggested repairable stuff. But now that I think about it, it's just a waste of time.

Quote:

Maybe I should code in an alt-fire that fires a projectile that heals all nearby friendlies.. At least I'd contribute something.

Quote:

They already gain frags from turrets, and that's far more than necessary. (See: LRM-TWENFUCKINGTY turrets)

Quote:

No. Just, no.

Quote:

sekwetnerfplansaswastold

Quote:

I'll agree on that, especially about the flamethrower guy. +RIPPER might be a solution.

Quote:

I'd suggest increasing it's armor, to be honest. As to serve as an (hopefully) intelligent turret class.

Quote:

The missiles are already annoying when spammed, and I won't bother saying how horrible the homing missiles are. (When spammed)
    Though I can agree that they kinda need a buff against 'Mechs.

Quote:

Wrong, ever since I got to know that it has increased damage for the massdriver, I've been using it. (Quite often too)

Quote:

Not until we nail a good balance between the classes. (In my opinion)
    Eg. Shock trooper is shit, stealth sniper is OP. Flame/Chemthrower guys are shit. Stealth trooper+Plasma cannon is OP.

Quote:

Have you ever tried ninjaing into a base, only to find two advanced turrets that are going to smack you up in seconds?
    But even then, LRM turrets are better. (Radius damage + absurd homing abilities and projectile speed)

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Klotz wrote:
Please finally ask in a less demanding tone already. ;D

Klotz wrote:
Unless (a) they don't have the money, or (b) their Research Center's been destroyed. If strapped for cash, the basic repair gun is about as fast at disarming as the advanced version anyway.

Klotz wrote:
What Nightfall said.

Klotz wrote:
I wouldn't mind having health bars. Someone has to write the code though.

Klotz wrote:
What Nightfall said.

Klotz wrote:
Yeah, try the turrets. Get some frags.

Klotz wrote:
Actually, I still prefer the advanced harvester (even with the nerfs) as a hybrid offense/defense class. I only use commando when I need something reasonably strong in a hurry. I often go rocket soldier if I don't have money for something better. I haven't used the minigunner or gauss gunner for a while.

Klotz wrote:
Because someone on the other team is probably a stealth trooper specifically hunting those expensive snipers.

Klotz wrote:
I'm still not sure if the chem warrior is bugged. Sometimes it seems to do no damage with multiple Precision medals against a non-chemproof enemy, but when I've tested it, it works okay. :/ Flamethrowers I've only used to harass enemy harvesters.

Klotz wrote:
That's an idea.

Klotz wrote:
The rocket soldier class is not based on Doom. It's based on Renegade. Rocket launchers are anti-mech weapons, and that's where they should be buffed IMHO.

Klotz wrote:
I do, all the time, since mass drivers are great against mechs, and the mass driver guy's mass driver does more damage than other classes' mass drivers.

Klotz wrote:
Maybe.... Suicide dropping is slow and expensive.

Klotz wrote:
Personally I like precision turrets, though they definitely need a buff. Now they kinda have trouble shooting at stealth troopers, but LRMs have even more.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Nightfall wrote:
Really? You're implying we don't do anything about the balance at all?

I'm talking only about things that I wrote.
Nightfall wrote:
Question is: how? Give me working code you've written and I'll put it in if it works.

I think you are coder. But I'm not. I just gave an idea
Klotz wrote:
Make stronger the Chem Warrior and Flamethrower Guy...

Nightfall wrote:
Exactly how should they be strengthened and how to make them not be overpowered?

Very slow speed, but have heavy armor and increased firepower. But without chem/phos grenades. Then I think these two classes will be balanced.
Blox wrote:
They already gain frags from turrets...

Oh shi-, i completely forgot about it.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Klotz wrote:
Nightfall wrote:
Question is: how? Give me working code you've written and I'll put it in if it works.

I think you are coder. But I'm not. I just gave an idea

Nightfall wrote:
Otherwise, wait until I get to it.

Klotz wrote:
Very slow speed, but have heavy armor and increased firepower. But without chem/phos grenades. Then I think these two classes will be balanced.

No grenades? Considering you can only carry four and they are only refillable via the spawn room refill terminal... I think the grenades are pretty well balanced.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:32 pm
Profile WWW

Nightfall wrote:
No grenades? Considering you can only carry four and they are only refillable via the spawn room refill terminal... I think the grenades are pretty well balanced.

But I am afraid that with grenades and with
Klotz wrote:
...heavy armor and increased firepower...

they become a walking tanks.

Ok, with grenades or without, how about:
Klotz wrote:
Very slow speed, but have heavy armor and increased firepower.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:48 pm
Used to be Stalin

To make them slower is useless and pointless. To remove the grenades is a bad idea.

Quote:
<Mobius>It's a pity Stalin can't use his rage as fuel
<Mobius>He could fly to the moon with it

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Spirit Soldier wrote:
To make them slower is useless and pointless. To remove the grenades is a bad idea.

Did you read my message?
klotz wrote:

Do you want high speed+heavy armor+firepower and with grenades? This thread is about balance, not about imbalance.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:24 pm
Used to be Stalin

They are slow enough as it is. The nades are balanced as they are. All it needs is a primary spray boost in power. I just don't think you know shit about shit.

Quote:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Spirit Soldier wrote:
They are slow enough as it is.

Hmm, yep, they are slow enough.
Spirit Soldier wrote:
The nades are balanced as they are.

yeah, but:
Klotz wrote:
But I am afraid that with grenades and with heavy armor and increased firepower, they become a walking tanks.

Spirit Soldier wrote:
All it needs is a primary spray boost in power...

Armor, and armor! That he can come closer to the enemy before die. Sniper/machinegunner/minigunner/ssg/other classes vs Flamer/Chem soldier = 9000:0

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:19 pm
Used to be Stalin

What the fuck are you talking about. Do you realize you are talking to someone who has primarily picked chem warrior class since gamma 1? I know what the fuck I'm talking about, do you?

Quote:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:21 pm
Wy Hai Thar!

Klotz wrote:

Take your shitty attitude elsewhere. We don't fucking owe you anything you little fuck. If you come here demanding things like you just did, you can expect to be treated like shit like I did just now, or banned. Don't do it again.

Quote:

1. How about you stop pretending to know everything about balance? Even other noobs would disagree with this idea. Since it's a colorful world of different ideas, you can't expect that your idea will be the one everyone likes.

Quote:

2. That shit was put in by the team without the entire team agreeing on it. I only let it pass because I didn't feel like fighting it at the time. Of course, it's no surprise you come here crying your ass off about it.

Quote:

3. Why don't you do it and send it to us? It's the least you could do since you're being a twat.

Quote:

4. Same shit as 3.

Quote:
Nvm, I forgot about frags from turrets.

5. Fuck no. Read 1.

Quote:

6. Fuck no. Read 1. You're a little shit.

Quote:

7. Fuck no. Read 1. You're a little shit. Again.

Quote:

8. And make already spammy classes worse? Fuck off and die. Thanks. By the way, read 1.

Quote:

9. Why don't you increase the speed of you leaving this forum?

Quote:

10. Fuck no. Same shit as 1. By the way, read 8 too.

Quote:

11. How about I mass driver your class out of this forum you little assfuck?

Quote:

12. Make it yourself.

Quote:

13. Fuck you. Read 1, 8, and 10.

Quote:

You are a big problem for yourself. Your ego is massive and goes down like a fart when it pops. The awesome city you live in can finally lose its population due to suffocation.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:20 am

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:25 am
Used to be Stalin

GG

Quote:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:28 am
john madden

white power

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:38 am
hnnnnnnnnng

u mad? :V

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:18 am
Wy Hai Thar!

I feel better now. :D

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:20 am

Eruanna: <3

I feel there's been inadequate communication here. Klotz, your input is, in general, appreciated. Your attitude is not. In the future, please adjust your tone to sound less demanding, and everyone will be happy and build bowling alleys out of caterpillar teeth. ;D

Finally, balance isn't simple. Just as an example, upping the chem warrior's armor seems harmless, right? But all sorts of complications arise when he purchases additional weapons (worst case being a plasma cannon) and fireproofs himself, patching the one chink in his armor. Then it's the old advanced harvester all over again.

So don't worry! All your suggestions either will be considered, or (more likely) already have been. ;)

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:42 am

Eruanna wrote:
fuck no

Ok, enjoy your imblance shit.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:30 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next