View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
[v15 beta 2] Bug reports 

Post [v15 beta 2] Bug reports
Tested it today with another player, took notes. :)

* Crate chooser can't be used in spawn room. Guess it is because it's a weapon but I think it should be usable. fixed
* Can we have crate chooser use new menu? it' is so many objects and slow menu. added
* Juggernaut Crate is available on no mech AOW08. Don't mind it though fixed
* AOW08 does not end when all buildings die fixed
* C4 crate pack gets you 5 C4s total. Don't mind this either but logic says it should be 4 in total. fixed
* AOW09 - when hitting blue ob MCT it (sometimes) say "red ob under attack". Some object/linedef that's wrong? fixed
* Jugg crate "eject delay" on entering does not seem to be enabled. Managed to eject jugg by mistake
* AOW09 - can no more walk around in blue tunnels or middle/crate room with big mechs due to ceiling, sloped door passage and lamps. Only 1 way into blue base for mechs now which is inconsistent with red base
* Jugg flak minigun is in "burst mode"
* Red Ob vulnerability on AOW06 still there. It can be fired on from adjacent building without shooter being hit. Not the same for blue
* Can't buy plasma cannon (-300 time) - guess this isn't unknown :) fixed
* Red plasma gun fires blue plasma - not red as in 2539 fixed
* Spawn rooms not finished - not unknown either but I think is an obstacle for getting people to test beta
* People doesn't understand reason for new menu and the spontaneous reaction is "don't like it". Don't know how to communicate it though. Personally I think it's pretty obvious that it makes future changes much easier. not a bug
* Possible to snipe people from air if you get a jet pack. Could work this way but doesn't seem entirely logical not a bug
* Ranking goes too fast I think for just killing people and throwing random c4's at buildings.
* I still think there's a problem with firing/suiciding when you got a suicider pack in crate. It seems slow
* IMP attack on OB on AOW08 spawned some imps in the wall. fixed
* Commando lacks armor but still costs a 1000. That isn't really cost efficient
* Machine gunner is the "standard" choice now. That's good but it may be a bit OP.
* Grenade launcher feels much smoother to use but is perhaps too weak or have too short range to be really useful. Or it's some kind of change from a middle range gun to a short range one. Anyway it's better than in last version. eric would like to have a word with you

All in all this version now seems very playable and the worst bugs has been sorted out.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:50 pm
Report this post

Post Re: [v15 beta 2] Bug reports
Split this here so that it doesn't get lost.. I'll strike-through entries as they're fixed.

EDIT: re C4 crate: After some thinking I figure a single player having more than 4 C4 is a bad idea since that would just promote lone-wolfing buildings instead of teamwork.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:27 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

K4r4t3k4n4k4s wrote:
* Grenade launcher feels much smoother to use but is perhaps too weak or have too short range to be really useful. Or it's some kind of change from a middle range gun to a short range one. Anyway it's better than in last version.

From what limited data I have, it's more of a suppression weapon now, and a pretty good one at that.
Which is good, because there wasn't an explosive one of those. (Except firing a plasma cannon down a corridor, but that thing only has 10 shots.)

Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 pm
Report this post

So middays findings:

* Text scaling with new font isn't optimal. I'm running 1920x1080 software and the best thing I can get is scaling to 1024x520 which still isn't perfect. Although readable.
* AOW02 - new tunnel makes OB very vulnerable. You can for example fire with an orca without being hit.
* Imps spawn in wall occurred in AOW02 WF also
* Jetpack gained through crate (maybe regular jump jet as well) couldn't fly into barracks or over front base gate. Some special linedef tag bug ?
* With same weapon + armor combo you can fire at each other forever without kill. Example Combustion autorifle or Machine gunner. Makes for some ridiculous fights.
* Rifle gunner skin is cyan fixed
* AOW11 - red res seemed to build blue HP Ammo regen
* AOW11 - someone succeeded to get stuck in spawn room roof on spawn.
* Enhanced refining needs explaining. How is it supposed to work? does not seem to have effect on yourself as harvester so people are less interested in getting it.
* Teamswitch on test server seems broken. Says it's "too early"
* Someone wanted an EU test server as high ping and lags are frequently occurring
* AOW05 - Red WF doors have wrong height
* AOW05 - Player managed to get stuck in menu while adding Armor add-on. Wasn't able to reproduce this myself
* AOW10 - You don't die if you fall down in the hole at middle tiberium field
* Typing error on pick-up of "Missile Laucher" fixed

Last edited by Dusk on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fixed

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:55 pm
Report this post

* Jumpjet is turned off when trying to fly up and down not a bug
* AOW10 - tib spawner for blue doesnt work - so no tiberium for blue
* AOW10 - "door" in passage to red ob broken
* Full Refill pack does not refill Remote C4 (This was fixed too.)
* Enhanced Ref doesn't seem to do anything or give to little of a boost
* AOW11 - money flow stopped after spec-rejoining
* Ejecting and re-entering Titan empties ammo except 100mm cannon
* AOW02 - experienced strange thing with jetpack couldn't fly over main gate or into BAR - unable to reproduce it

EDIT: I accidentally edited out this post while trying to quote myself so it's rewritten from notes. If it's possible to "bring it back" otherwise please do.

Last edited by K4r4t3k4n4k4s on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:17 pm
Report this post
Lead Artist

• The credit counter can outright freeze in the latest SVN.
This happens after spectating and rejoining.

Though it's kind of annoying I can't do shit at all. :v

Edit: Well this is interesting.

Last edited by Dusk on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

fixed

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:33 pm
Report this post
>:c

• Repair turret bug: On some old-style maps (e.g. Glacier), placing a repair turret in front of an MCT when friendly mines are nearby can result in the repair turret ignoring the MCT and staring at the mines. (Tested & confirmed in both refineries and research centres. Can/will happen in RCs even without mine interference.)
  • Delay in razor wire deployments: forces play to stand still for seconds after building is finished, otherwise the wire will spawn in front of the player's current position instead of at the original build site. (Sometimes happens with turrets as well, when near the limit.) fixed
  • Maps without War Factories WILL fail to end when requisite buildings are destroyed, forcing a votemap or Sudden Death TDM match to end the map. fixed
  • Iron Curtain: Updates HUD health to 1000 for high-level players, but fails to provide actual health boost. fixed

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 am
Report this post
Mikachu

Remote c4s are not being replenished by full refill or c4 refill. I was a Demolitions Expert and had gotten the utility gun.

Last edited by Dusk on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

fixed

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:01 pm
Report this post

Tonight we had a new testing round with I think maxed at 14 players. It's true if you just have the majority already playing the new version people will just join and play. So engaged players, just help out playing on the Beta server.

The only really serious bug I can think of is the no ending on WF maps. In Dusks absence I think the easiest workaround to this problem would be to just add WF to every map. I can just do that. Should I ? Would also mean you can still enable mechs if you are running a *cough*cough* server :twisted:

Anyways, todays findings:
* Self Heal does not always show up
* Advanced Mechs researchable on AOW07 without WF
* AOW07 "WF" window grating are not impassable.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:33 pm
Report this post
:/

*Sometimes games don't end even after all buildings are destroyed
*Util can produce mechs on AOW21
*Jug crate available on AOW21
*Self heal palette rape on darker places

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 pm
Report this post
Lead Artist

The Maps-Without-A-WF seems to have been fixed after v15-beta2. ;o

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Report this post

OK so I'm back from some weird break-thing or whatever and bugs are gonna get massacred or something like that.

Quote:
* Buildings still does not get hurt by beacon placed outside (tested on AOW2 BAR)

Nukes in general seem to be rather useless. Maybe slipping a buff for them for v15 wouldn't be such a horrid idea..

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:26 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
:/

Many things are deserving of a buff or price raise instead of just nerfs nerfs and more nerfs. I'll give more proper feedback once some damn servers populate already :/

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:18 am
Report this post

Dusk wrote:
* Jumpjet is turned off when trying to fly up and down not a bug

WB Dusk!

I figured this could be case to counter jumpjets escaping hits this way but it's still a bit confusing since you bind your keys to "fly up" / "fly down".

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:02 pm
Report this post

That thing was done because apparently jumpjets waving up/down were practically unhittable because of lack of autoaim.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 am
Report this post
Profile WWW

* Juggs can shoot without ammo fixed
* Red Portal on AOW01 got green and only worked in one direction [color=80F000]fixed[/color]

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:27 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]