View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:29 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
AOW2 Patch - r1694 

Post Re: AOW2 Patch - r1694
In my case it's not my computer, it's my ATI card :|

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:04 am

De-M-oN wrote:
And why they dont play OpenGL then :roll:

For most people OpenGL's overall lack of optimization makes it a worse option than occasional FPS slowdowns when a nuke lands in their face. Any ATI user and anyone with an Intel onboard graphics knows how hellish it is. Additionally, some people just prefer Doom without all the dynamic lights and texture filters and other crap. I know I do.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 pm

Nvidia is > ATI anyway :P

dynamic lights and so on -> you can all this disable...

But I dont see the reason.

Its just better looking texturing and lights. Whats wrong with it? Especially when you can disable that.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:30 am
Profile ICQ WWW

De-M-oN wrote:

Its just better looking texturing and lights. Whats wrong with it? Especially when you can disable that.

mfw >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22976453/Reacti ... 307523.jpg

Even when you can disable those GL settings, doesn't automatically it makes it runnable for every single computer out there. I mean, if everyone had a computer like yours, do you think the devs would even keep Software as an option?

The majority of Skulltag players have mid-to-low and machines. Additionally, SkulltagGL has troubles rendering large and complicated environments, which most wads are not. AOW2, WDI, and ZH all give SkulltagGL a hard time. For example, I play Doom2.wad on GL with full settings at 120FPS@1280x800 with this 2GB machine, while AOW2 on the same settings produces 15-30, and down to 0.5-1 FPS when nukes and ions are going off.

Not to mention, asking people how shitty their computers are does not help. Okay guys, since I can play all of this at max settings, fuck everyone else, they need to buy better computers because they obviously they have the money to and they're being ignorant. Who needs to pay rent these days?

So no, turning off all GL settings does not magically fix everything. Now do you see the reason?

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 am

Medic wrote:
De-M-oN wrote:

Now do you see the reason?

tl;dr, inb4 he says no. :|

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

Music project back up : Needing a new host.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:47 am

@medic: I replied to eric who said he doesnt like the graphic at OpenGL. So thats why I said he can disable all enhanced features of OpenGL if he doesnt like it.

and that you have such low fps rates really makes me wonder, what computers you have..

I can play AOW2 at 2048x1152 resolution with 100+ FPS (often even over 200) and that with OpenGL and all of it enabled plus even HQN4X, anisotropic filter 16x and so on.

With a Geforce 8800 GTX card. This card ist from 2006 !

rest of the system I have is: CPU: Intel Quadcore Q9450, 8GB DDR3 RAM and so on

Maybe its my cpu which makes skulltag run so fine for me? Or why you have such shitty fps rates, while I have xxx fps??

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Who cares if you have the more recent hardware.
We simply cannot have super crysis graphics only because your hardware can support it.

The effects will be reduced for lower performance computers.
END OF STORY.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:26 pm
Profile WWW

De-M-oN wrote:
@medic: I replied to eric who said he doesnt like the graphic at OpenGL. So thats why I said he can disable all enhanced features of OpenGL if he doesnt like it.

You can't fully emulate software in OpenGL. I like things being more visible as I approach them, as well as the actual existence of gamma control. Neither work properly with GZDoom's renderer.

Quote:
and that you have such low fps rates really makes me wonder, what computers you have..

Anyone with an ATI card or Intel onboard which are what's used in most cheap laptops has a hard time with OpenGL. Said laptops are hell to upgrade, so switching to an Nvidia card isn't really an option.

Quote:
I can play AOW2 at 2048x1152 resolution with 100+ FPS (often even over 200) and that with OpenGL and all of it enabled plus even HQN4X, anisotropic filter 16x and so on.

Do you feel special?

Quote:

Not everyone has $2000+ to spend on their computer.

Quote:
Maybe its my cpu which makes skulltag run so fine for me? Or why you have such shitty fps rates, while I have xxx fps??

Given that OpenGL is a hardware renderer, it's probably your Nvidia card, which is the only thing Graf optimizes his engine for.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:12 pm

De-M-oN wrote:

The average person's home computers today are as follows:

Around $800-$1100 CDN
Around 2GB RAM
Intel or ATI graphics or integrated Intel cards
1024x768-1280x1024 screens
2.10 Ghz Intel dualcore

And this is also when it's bought new. Many households still have computers still running Windows XP with 512MB of RAM and the like, but not because they want to.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Thats definitely not the case for germany.

Are the prices for computers higher in your countries maybe?

My hardware was around 1000 euro as I bought it in I believe 2008

But no way 2000 euro.

For germany the average is rather this:

Around $800-$1100 -> thats quite same here
Around 2GB RAM -> 4GB have the most here
Intel or ATI graphics or integrated Intel cards -> no way. 99% have here real graphic cards. Even the laptops have dedicated graphic cards here. my parents both have laptops with good nvidia cards and the laptops werent that expensive either. They have intel i5 and so on too.
1024x768-1280x1024 screens -> The most have here at least 1680x1050. very much have full HD screens here. Not much people still have 1280x1024. Definitely we have some, but that are not very much people. 1024x768 has nearly no one anymore..
2.10 Ghz Intel dualcore -> very much have quadcores now for months, or a fast dualcore.

I of course dont count with this office pcs by an old grandpa. But thats I guess the same for you.

I really have to assume that prices in your countries are higher for computer hardware. otherwise I wonder about this. :shock:

Last edited by De-M-oN on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Demon: Not all of us are rich and not all of us would waste their money for an expensive graphics card and not all of us actually have a job (are not enough old to) and their parents say no on buying expensive graphic cards. Also, most users are like this, so the nuke/ion effect WILL be made in less quality and there is nothing you can do about it. Just deal w/it and move on.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:00 pm

I dont deal with it, because I stop playing AOW / wait what R2 gives me. But since AOW even seems to get a nerfed tib rifle and so on I'll stop playing this game.

These computer specs I mentioned have people under 18 here.

You can get here very good computers for 800 to 1100 euro area. (my hardware did cost the same at year 2008) (ok 800 to 1100 euro is somewhat more than in dollars though. But also for less money you get better hardware than your mentioned one - nowadays sure even something like my one. Because as my one did cost that, it was in 2008^^)

Here you get for that money definitely much more than just stupid intel onboard graphic.

Read again my post.

It seems for me that hardware prices are excessive higher in your countries.

Otherwise I cant understand "medics" mentioned average users computer specs. Thats not for germany. Not at all.

And if a Geforce 8800 GTX is already more than enough to run AOW2 fine at 2048x1152 - where is then a "expensive" graphic card necessary?

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

De-M-oN wrote:
I dont deal with it, because I stop playing AOW / wait what R2 gives me. But since AOW even seems to get a nerfed tib rifle and so on I'll stop playing this game.

I never explicitly said that it'll be nerfed. Providing a counter does not equal a nerf. Not that I wouldn't mind giving a nerf to a $300 spammy anti-infantry insta-killer...

De-M-oN wrote:
These computer specs I mentioned have people under 18 here.

You can get here very good computers for 800 to 1100 euro area. (my hardware did cost the same at year 2008) (ok 800 to 1100 euro is somewhat more than in dollars though. But also for less money you get better hardware than your mentioned one - nowadays sure even something like my one. Because as my one did cost that, it was in 2008^^)

Here you get for that money definitely much more than just stupid intel onboard graphic.

Read again my post.

It seems for me that hardware prices are excessive higher in your countries.

Otherwise I cant understand "medics" mentioned average users computer specs. Thats not for germany. Not at all.

And if a Geforce 8800 GTX is already more than enough to run AOW2 fine at 2048x1152 - where is then a "expensive" graphic card necessary?

The nuke/ion effects are resource intensive. No way around that - I'm making them less intensive and try not to make them look shitty. No matter how much you bawww won't change that. End of story - and of this thread.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2