View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
[No] sectinfo.txt 
Diening slowly

Post [No] sectinfo.txt
i have got a idea but is a hard thing to make, but is usefull to you know where someone are. ex:
i like to follow isabel and heal him whit medic but is hard to find her around the map (and i hate press f12 a lot of times to find her).

whit sectinfo.txt for aow map is posible to i know if some one are on war factory, powerup crate, outside red base and etc...
is possible to some one (whit experience to make it)do this for some maps? if possible i can make one to aow01 (its a simple map to do it).

obs: priority to the ouverplayed maps ex:(aow01, 02, 07, 09)

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Post Re: sectinfo.txt
The location can be shown in the coop info just like the skulltag gamemode does.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:43 pm

That's what he's talking about. SectInfo shows the "name" of the sector the player is currently standing on through the HUD's coopinfo.

However, SectInfo is a long and grueling process to apply to maps. It's not user-friendly. Otherwise I bet it would've been put in as the maps were being made in the first place.

Hell, I guess even I can get started on it.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:08 am
Diening slowly

i think of i'm free to make one i go try to set up to aow02 the sectinfo (ouverplayed map) and it is usefull.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Unfortunately SECTINFO relies on sector numbers that will happily drastically change every time updates are done to maps... unless someone is willing to maintain them (and I won't envy anyone who would), I don't see this happening.

For locationing, I have my own idea for this. Have some "map spot"-like actors spread around the map, and use the players' distances from them to estimate their location. I already have the code in place but it only checks builings and powerup crates (and isn't that fool-proof..)

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 am
Profile WWW

Closed as I'm far from willing to maintain a SECTINFO lump.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]