View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
[No] Supplier support class 
Grandvoid administrator

Post [No] Supplier support class
I have in mind supplier class. It's similar to utility guy but it's designed straight to supply ammunition/weapons/etc. Supplying weapons and armor costs some money. That should it provide:
* Weapons: rifle, machinegun, supershotgun, artillery cannon, C4 of both types of course including C4 boxes. Maybe he should be able to make any weapon of choice but I highly doubt it's convenient to scroll them up and down (there are too many weapons).
* Ammo packs and health kits. Also it would be nice to have some sort of ammo pack that you can pick up and use than you really need it. EDIT: He can provide self-healing syringes as well. Can give ammo to mechs by spawning special ammo/fuel packs that only mechs can pick up.
* Armor: chemical-, fireproof, laser and explosive resistant. Unsure about bulletproof.
* Cannon pickers and plasma cannon but only but only if the supplier could get them from the spawn room.
This class should replace the utility guy in battlefield mostly because ammo and health caches can be used by enemy and even if he can't the caches tends to be destroyed after a short period of time after enemy finds out them.
He is armed with submachinegun and shotgun. Speed should be the same as of utility guy same for armor. He still can make weapons and armor for himself ;)

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:42 pm
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

Post Re: Supplier support class
So basically the best class in the game. (Give all your gunmen and stealth guys SSGs, the enemy dies.)

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09 pm
Grandvoid administrator

Though

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:22 pm

lol idea. it not best class - it unopposed class )
this is the same do iron curtain class, or insty class )
if seriously - aow based on classes. but you can replace them with a single class, with the ability to buy weapons and armor. here is quite different and I think a better solution classes in aow.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:49 pm
Grandvoid administrator

Seems people can't get my idea. What I suggested is a possibility to refill your ammunition without need to returning to spawn room/picking up a lot of ammo packs/telling your utility guys "place ammo caches here, give me fireproof and follow me into battle because I may need ammo to my gun". Why? Because: returning to spawn room from enemy base requires a lot of time with possibility of being killed during the travel; ammo packs don't give you all of ammunition or gives too little; utility guys should be good only to defend and never be in battlefield, they have enough work on the base. Giving weapons/armor on your choice is basically an option to support your team in case an enemy mech is approaching or they send a lot of flamethrowers and is available already from utility guys/spawn room.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:01 pm

My personal idea about this one would be to make usage of the "armorist" cost credits per use. Though that's not feasibile right now due to broken economy..

In any case it would never be able to provide super shotguns or plasma cannons..

Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

The idea of providing players with any weapon and any armor in class-based game is stupid itself.
And u being utility guy can supply everyone including yourself with full refill, which more than enough. I don't see this happen too often though.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 am
Grandvoid administrator

ZzZombo wrote:
He can provide self-healing syringes as well. Can give ammo to mechs by spawning special ammo/fuel packs that only mechs can pick up.

If we would have this I wouldn't mind not having this class.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:22 am

ZzZombo wrote:
ZzZombo wrote:
He can provide self-healing syringes as well. Can give ammo to mechs by spawning special ammo/fuel packs that only mechs can pick up.

If we would have this I wouldn't mind not having this class.

Ammo to mechs can be done by Refill packs from util and repaired by any class with a Repair Gun. I don't see the need to provide self-heal since everyone in need gets an extra one every 30 seconds or so. But in that case it sounds like something the medic could do.

But yeah, if you have managed to get tons of money it would be nice to be able to buy more expensive upgrades.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]