View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
[No] Lives in SD 

Post [No] Lives in SD
I think that all encountered a problem when some sort of beginner / trolling waste life on SD, and your team lost only because of him.
I propose to do so each player was limited to just his life. And so after he had translated from he could not get out of the starting room (block his choice of the class), or a simple translation to spectacle mode. Also, it do impossible to enter the game on a SD.
For example. Your team has 50 total (if any player dies on your team is the number decreases by 1) and 3 personal lives (activated when the total life = 0). when all players lose lives (or lose all buildings) = team lose.
How the idea? Is it possible to implement this idea on the engine Doom?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:15 am

Post Re: Lives in SD
Sounds particularly rage-inducing if you ask me... considering you won't be able to actually play the game which people are here to do.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 pm
Profile WWW

Some other kind of troll protection could probably be made. Die x times without killing anyone and you're out for example.

But i think the biggest problem is people not understanding how to play in sd. I think the Amount of lives you have cost your team should be visible. Prefferably for anyone to see.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:53 am

This is a problem I'm not sure how to handle, but I think modern-fps style HUD messages are the most straight-forward way to inform the player what he's doing. The whole "you have gained xx experience and xx credits" when killing enemies could be re-written to a more informative format allowing SD stuff, along with death messages. It'd be synced up with the big frag message to look like a part of it.

"Enemy <victimclass> killed
+<exp> Experience, +<credits> Credits"

"Killed by enemy <killerclass>
-<ticketcost> Life (<victimclass>)"

so a death in a madcat to an artillery soldier would look like
"Killed by enemy Artillery Soldier
-4 Lives (Mad Cat)"

Something like that I guess, not sure

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:44 pm

I think that we should rather focus on getting games actually to end properly and not be 45 minute team deathmatch leading into sudden death. Then this would be irrelevant.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]