View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
[Closed] Helper marine item 

Post [Closed] Helper marine item
Is this an improvement to an already-existing feature, or a new feature entirely?

If an improvement, what original feature is it improving upon?

How would this work?

Can you give an example in how useful this feature would be?

Not sure how to use the 'template' anyway. how about a helper marine item like the one in neodoom. This could be an item you can buy from the res room or a crate item or even a util buildable item. I think this bot would be a valuable resourse when in close combat with a few enemy or it could be used to distract the obby for a few seconds, or maybe to trip some proxy c4 or just as a distraction / decoy when you are stealthed. The possiblities are endless. Thinking about it the item probably should be a buy item in res room and you can only have 1 at a time. It will probably need a weapon slot and some kind of hand held mini marine doll graphic. Press fire and the bot is activated. It runs around with a machine gun for 60 secs before it disapears or is killed.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 pm
:/

Post Re: Helper marine item
So..from what I can make of it, it's similar to a Mini Raven that looks like a marine, but it's limited to 1 and has to be from the res/crate?

When you fire it, it spawns it, like a util...

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:47 pm

Mini Raven is so boring

I really liked the idea of Lilmoder, that this is a monster like an Abaddon or a Pain Elemental^^

The marine would be a supporter. Thats what Michelle means.

Or does the mini raven follow you to the enemy base? I dont think so ;)

Read the opening post again, and you'll understand thats not the same.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:58 am
Profile ICQ WWW

If you have ever played neodoom you will know what I mean. The helper marine is a bot item that you collect and can activate when facing impossible odds. I thought it would be good to have a similar thing in aow2 to act a decoy/ helper or to trip proxy c4. it wont follow you as much as a mini raven. The helper marine in neodoom is a basic marine sprite with a plasma gun. its weak but draws the monsters away from you and can even kill a few. There would be many uses for it in aow2. I will run a neodoom server so players can see what I mean.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:06 pm

We have AI marines now.. not sure if they could be buyable. Circumstances have vastly changed since late 2010 anyway.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]