[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - AOW07 - Canyon
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
AOW07 - Canyon 

Post AOW07 - Canyon
Thread for comments on this map.

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am

Post Re: AOW07 - Canyon
You can snipe the war factories eadily with an orca hovering over the repair pad. Also, the obelisk seems easier to get to than other maps.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:45 am
Profile WWW

Actually, from what I've seen in this map, the obelisk is virtually useless. You can quickly enter any building on that map without its protection, if you move fast enough.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 am

If the obelisk was changed in some way as well as putting the terminal in some kind of building structure possibly with a door, it won't be as defenseless and possibly almost useless..

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:01 am
Profile WWW

True dat. The distances from the building entries to the main entrances are way too small. I've seldom seen the obby being destroyed first in 07.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

Definitely this is my LEAST favourite map... I hate playing here so much. Obelisk gets wrecked in the first 5 minutes of game play, then sneaking into the bases is so easy it is ridiculous. Once one team gets a slight upper hand, its game over for the other team.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm

The refinery and barracks shouldn't be too close from the main entrance, the research center shouldn't be too close to the alternate entrance and the cave, as for the war factory.... it must have some cover from the mech sniping.... the cave should be more bigger when entering the base so the OB can attack them before they reach a building.

Fri May 07, 2010 2:22 am

Free indestructible razor wires, one on each side of the mct?

Wed May 26, 2010 3:46 am

I can snipe the master control console of the W/F with rockets and plazzy cannon from my team's bridge, abusing the fact that you can open doors by shooting them

Sat May 29, 2010 11:03 pm

Sun May 30, 2010 12:48 am

I think what he's trying to do is tell us that there's an issue with the map that he's able to do it.

With a reasonable, but small number of complaints about being able to hit the enemy war factory, I'm just about tempted to raise the height of the rocks in the middle to compensate for it.

Sun May 30, 2010 1:12 am

Let me add one more complaint then...

Sun May 30, 2010 10:17 am
Profile WWW

Am I the only one in the entire AOW playerbase that likes this map? I like the different building appearances as well as the fact that there are two paths to almost anywhere. Yeah, the Ob is nearly useless here - good. Players shouldn't rely on it anyway, it only leads to ragequits and failures once it's gone. Sure, you can mech snipe from across the map - learn to counter it. Seriously, two or three technicians on an MCT make a building nearly invulnerable. Besides, unless it's Orcas then you can just snipe them right back since it's unlikely that they'll move, and you get the added bonus of damaging their War Factory. Yeah, the air strikes kinda piss me off, especially since it's just adding to the transparency spam.

tl;dr Good map with a few problems, deal w/it.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:47 pm

I like most AOW2 maps. Including this one.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:47 pm

I like this map. The only times I really don't like it is when you've got 5 enemy mechs sitting outside of your base spamming into the caves where you can't counter, which has happened once or twice.

Other than that I think the team should just grow some balls and make some repair turrets and defenses in the war factory. Though I gotta say massive lrms turret spam on the unreachable cliffs across the map is an issue; it's nearly impossible to get into your own warfactory without being rocketed to death from turrets that are at the enemy base.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:31 pm

I like spawning rocket turrets at the hilltops in the mid. They shoot all opponents at their own base!

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:30 pm

I find that more annoying than anything >_> Then again, you can't help but sadistically laugh a little inside when your turrets are gibbing people left and right. But really, don't go "bind h 'say HAHAHAHAHAHA'" every time someone dies. It makes them rage, and nobody likes raging. I've seen someone do that...

"I'm going to stand on your land!" Everyone else: "STFU" "I'm going to stand on your land even harder!"

Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm

I really hate the turrets spam installed on the middle of the map!!!!! That shouldn't be allowed!!!! Also removing War Factory isn't a bad idea.

Expect those, is a good map

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 am

This map has Mechs again.
That shouldn't be allowed.

There is few maps without mechs... and now we have 1 less =(
And it is so small for mechs ... even more with Orcas a Ravens (which has more speed)

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next