View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Can't join AOW2 servers? 

Post Can't join AOW2 servers?
For instance, if you try to join a Grandvoid All out War 2 server, you might get this error:
Code:
Execution could not continue.

Script error, "skulltag_actors.pk3:actors/misc.txt" line 16:
Invalid state parameter a_faceconsoleplayer

If you are getting this error and have no idea what the hell is going on, then you've come to the right place!

First off, All out War 2 has moved to a game called Zandronum. But don't worry, AOW2 is not different now. In fact, Zandronum is pretty much the same as Skulltag! It's just that Skulltag is no longer being worked on.

How do I install and join an AOW2 server with zandronum?
  • Download Zandronum and install it
  • Go to your Skulltag folder (C:\Program Files\Skulltag or C:\Program Files (x86)\Skulltag), and copy skulltag-[username] (or skulltag-[username].ini). The [username] part is the name of your user account in Windows.
  • Paste skulltag-[username].ini into your Zandronum folder (C:\Program Files\Zandronum or C:\Program Files (x86)\Zandronum)
  • Rename skulltag-[username].ini to zandronum-[username].ini
  • Go to your Doomseeker folder (C:\Program Files\Zandronum\Doomseeker or C:\Program Files (x86)\Zandronum\Doomseeker) and open doomseeker (or doomseeker.exe)
  • In Doomseeker, go to the Options menu and select Configure
  • go to Engines and select Zandronum
  • On the right of the window, some stuff appeared. Choose the location of your zandronum.exe under Path to executable. If you haven't changed the path where you installed Zandronum, zandronum.exe is in C:\Program Files\Zandronum or C:\Program Files (x86)\Zandronum
  • Under Masterserver addres put master.zandronum.com:15300
  • On the left side of the window, select File paths, click Add on the right side and select your Zandronum folder (C:\Program Files\Zandronum or C:\Program Files (x86)\Zandronum)
  • Click Apply
  • Go to Wadseeker and select General
  • On the right side, click on the empty drop-down bar under Directory where Wadseeker will put wads into. The location to your Zandronum folder will appear. Click that.
  • Click Apply
  • Click OK
Note: If you were using the Doomseeker which came with Skulltag, don't use that one. Use the Doomseeker Zandronum came with instead. It's a new version of Doomseeker which makes it possible to join Zandronum servers.

Here are some pictures of how it should look like, just click on the links below:
http://i46.tinypic.com/fjgmlv.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/1z4euk2.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/2cse9ee.png

Now you're pretty much done! You can fiind AOW2 servers by typing "all" in the Search text box (It's located on the top right of Doomseeker). Or maybe you want to play something other that AOW2? It's up to you. The servers are there.

If you have any questions or problems installing Zandronum, then register on our forums and post a reply here.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Post Re: Can't join AOW2 servers?
Hello.

I had a wad who remap some textures.
With Skulltag it worked great.

Now with Zandronum I copy my wad to skins Zandronum's folder and it load some textures
Other textures can't load it...

It appeared:

"Attempting to remap non-existent texture ... "

rock19_1
FNEW4
N_stne19
icef1

With this textures I had the problem.
Why is that and what I can do to make it work?

Regards

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:42 pm

The problem is that those textures were Skulltag textures, and Zandronum doesn't use any Skulltag resources, not even textures. To fix the missing textures issue (since AOW2 was using stuff from Skulltag, and Zandronum doesn't have that stuff), Zandronum AOW2 servers added some wads that have those resources AOW2 uses. The problem is that those wads specified by the server are loaded after the wads from your skins folder, which means in your case it first tries to remap a texture zandronum doesn't have, fails, and AFTER that those textures are loaded from custom files specified by the server. I'm not sure if you understand that, but you'll have to try loading your wads from skins folder as custom files after loading AOW2 and Skulltag files.

How? Well, that's a bit complicated. If I start explaining, it's going to get really confusing. So I'll do the tough work for you.
    Here's what you need to do first:
  • Open Doomseeker and find an AOW2 server you'd like to join.
  • Right click on that server (in the servers list) and click Show join command line. A new window will appear with some text that doesn't make any sense.
  • Click Copy to clipboard. That will copy all that text.
  • Write a reply here and paste that text and do not change the text.
  • You will also have to tell me the file name of that wad that replaces those Skulltag textures. Example of a file name: example.wad       However, not all wads have the .wad extension. Some have the .pk3 extension. So watch out when you give me the file name.
  • And most importantly, don't move that replacement wad out of your skins folder

After that I'll give you further instructions.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 am

Ohhh I see.

This are in Skulltag_data_126
"rock19_1"
"FNEW4"
"N_stne19"

"Icef1" I couldn't find where it is.

Following your instructions :)

The wad is called "Zaja_Textures.wad"

The Join command line is this:

"C:/Archivos de programa/Zandronum/zandronum.exe" "-connect" "96.126.115.61:18000" "-iwad" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/doom2.wad" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/skulltag_actors.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/skulltag_data_126.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/aow2_omega_r2539.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/omega_music_r2539.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/omega_patch_r2539-3.pk3"

:mrgreen:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Okay, here are further steps:
  • Move Zaja_Textures.wad from your skins folder to your Zandronum folder. This step is very important because the file must NOT stay in your skins folder
  • Open notepad and paste this:
    "C:/Archivos de programa/Zandronum/zandronum.exe" "-connect" "96.126.115.61:18000" "-iwad" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/doom2.wad" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/skulltag_actors.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/skulltag_data_126.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/aow2_omega_r2539.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/omega_music_r2539.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/omega_patch_r2539-3.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Zandronum/Zaja_Textures.wad"

• In notepad go to File and select Save As...
  • Next to Save as type, select All Files (*.*)
  • Next to File name type anything you want, but make sure that the file name ends with .bat ! Example: AOW2.bat
  • Click save

If you double-click the .bat file you saved, Zandronum will open itself, load all the files you need and connect you to the AOW2 server you chose.

As you might notice, all I added to your join command line was this:
Code:
 "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Skulltag/omega_patch_r2539-3.pk3" "-file" "C:/Archivos de programa/Zandronum/Zaja_Textures.wad"

I added that after all that text which means it loads your textures after all files which will hopefully solve this problem.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:32 am

I'll try it.

Thank you Very Much Konda :)

Regards.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:13 pm
-=[Stealth-Master]=-

Thanks for this info... i had been having this problem for about a week on curtain servers... Drove me crazy!!!

With the above help though it was swiftly fixed :mrgreen:

Thanks again 8-)

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Undead Queen B

Thanks man, this is been going on for about a month for me, and I became pissed at skulltag :evil: and also became depressed thinking I would never play skulltag again :cry:
Well Ill hope to see yall soon on AOW2 if i can all my zandro configs ight, Thanks anyway! 8-)

Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]