[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - New build released! (1156)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
New build released! (1156) 

Post New build released! (1156)
http://aow2.drdteam.org/?p=download

Some notable highlights:

- Two new maps - both Doom themed - both straight from Hell! It's time to grab that Super Shotgun again, some demons need to be bagged!
- Many new graphics edits from our graphics team, thanks to Minigunner and Wartorn
- Repair gun classes can now upgrade their repair guns at the research center
- Many, many balance changes, which should favor a more fair game, rather than a game whose outcome is predetermined by the destruction of the first major tech building (ex: barracks, refinery, research center, or war factory)
- Obelisks are now a lot easier to defend and have a new style - and are also much more dangerous to the enemy!
- First new weapon added ever since the Omega team took over the project - a knife for stealth troopers!
- More software friendly! (More than before, anyway)

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:16 am

Post Re: New build released! (1156)
If you are planning on playing on Canadian Bacon, Obsidian, or Chromium, my apologies, I won't have them updated until tomorrow due to lack of time tonight.

Also, if you're looking for the shortened "server hosts" version of the static file, I'll also have to prepare that tomorrow.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:18 am

I must say, I don't like the new design for Obelisks at all. It may only be for the AOW01 map, but the console isn't guarded by a building at all. It just looks... cheap. I love the game, but I would really like to see these obelisks reverted to their previous forms.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:42 pm

Just remember that most of the buildings look close enough to renegade's ones. The older obelisk which volt quickly designed was only good for a 1st attempt.
It is time for a change.
Have it designed up to it's name.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

I will admit that the obelisk used in the new maps looks a lot better, and I wouldn't mind those at all. But the one used in AOW01 and possibly others should be replaced. It looks very rough and stands out from the rest of the map like a sore thumb.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Lol @ I BLAME REMMI!

New crates sound interesting, especially Demoraility.
Lol, now you can build Wolverines? I hope they take longer than Ravens.

Here's my opinion:

The new text is Okay, but it only actually looks good on the new spawn room design, not the old one. Although like said above, the Obelisks do not match the map surroundings, it makes it look stupid. It's okay however, for AOW01, 15. The ones for AOW 16 and 17 don't match. You should use the ones from AOW01. Switch em around. Especially AOW11. :O

One last thing:

I think Mass Driver damage should drop by 10%
Stealth knife looks retarded. It resembles a shaped slab of stone IMO.

Again, these are just my opnions

Attachments:
Screenshot_Doom_20100708_192525.png
Screenshot_Doom_20100708_192525.png [ 97.3 KiB | Viewed 6344 times ]
Screenshot_Doom_20100708_191957.png
Screenshot_Doom_20100708_191957.png [ 78.06 KiB | Viewed 6344 times ]

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:00 pm

That knife's sprite was changed from the one it came with the decorate and stuff.
The reason is that apparently it was overused.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

Are these three any better?

Attachments:
KNIFA0.png
KNIFA0.png [ 5.54 KiB | Viewed 6330 times ]
KNIFB0.png
KNIFB0.png [ 5.21 KiB | Viewed 6330 times ]
File comment: KNIFC0 - Note: Totally grotesque arm fixed
KNIFC0.png
KNIFC0.png [ 4.8 KiB | Viewed 6330 times ]
Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:56 am

Any one of those is better than the Stone-Age thing we have now.

In short, yeah, those look pretty good.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:21 am

As far as the obelisks go, I created them, and yeah I know they do kinda suck but they were my attempt at making them look at least somewhat faithful as C&C renegade recreations. You can't truly recreate Renegade's obelisks with the Doom engine, however, without using either 3d floors, models, or very ugly looking sprites.

What would I honestly like to do with 01-06,08-09,11 obelisks? I'd like to use Minigunner's model, except with grey textures rather than brown for the red base (but keeping the team colored stuff the same).

And the knife - talk to Wartorn or Minigunner. I've never really cared much or paid that close attention to it - if it could use improvement, I am sure Wartorn will accept the feedback. I'd like it to be a good knife but I've never had any complaints so far about the one that's there, I thought it was fine. :)

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 am

I have to say that blox's knife indeed looks better than the one in the current release.. you made them yourself?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

The knife is a model rendered in 3Ds Max, which is then exported for editing. *Cough, Cough* Replacing the old weapon with the model image.. *Cough*

So yes, I indeed did make it myself.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:28 pm

IMO the knife needs a stab action, not a slash. The slash looks awkward.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:22 pm

1) I'm pretty sure the whole deal with the redesign is the "blind spot" problem and the camping inside of the obelisk. Plus, Utils tended to put 6 coils of razor wire in there with mines at the door with an occasional repair turret and there we go, indestructable. Plus, it was ugly as hell.

The new one looks nice, but it looks kinda short (you have no idea how many penis jokes I heard last game about it). Is the "eye" at the same height as the Obelisk's were before?

Also, "super defense-zap-you-half-a-million-times"? I haven't noticed a change in the firing rate.

2) Stab action > Slow-mo slash. Also, with the delay of the actual slash from the time you click fire, the guy's probably already 20 feet ahead of you. That's not how an assasin does it. An assasin stabs quick and fast and gets the hell outta there.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:21 pm

Renegade's obelisks get penis jokes too... so I don't feel bad, there...

There is not a change in their firing rate.

Also - about the knife issue, I'd make a feature suggestion or a balance issue with it. I have no idea what "to" or "should" do.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:00 am

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]