View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Flamethrower/Chemical Warrior Pricing 

Post Flamethrower/Chemical Warrior Pricing
Is there a reason that the Chemical warrior is still more expensive than the flamethrower?

My understanding was that the reason for making the Chemical Warrior more expensive than the Flamethrower was because of the availability of the Chemical Suit. In previous versions of AOW, the Chemical-Proof Suit was only available by getting a random spawn crate, whereas the Fire-Proof Suit could be built by a Utility Guy. As it was hard to get a Chemical-Proof Suit, this made the Chemical Warrior more effective than the Flamethrower against non-harvesting classes.

Now that the Utility Guy can build Chemical-Proof suits, the Chemical Warrior isn't any more lethal than the Flamethrower now.

This being the case, shouldn't the Chemical Warrior and the Flamethrower cost the same?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:34 am

Post Re: Flamethrower/Chemical Warrior Pricing
I always thought of it as stronger since it has a much higher DPS than the flamethrower, as well as the only real source of flame attacks coming from flamers themselves. Meanwhile, chem guys are invulnerable to chem people, tib fields, and mostly tib riflemen. Flamers are invulnerable to... their own fire, I guess. And the random flames that come from some explosions.

Pretty much the only advantage flamers have over chems imo is a wider area of effect and being able to melt harvesters. For 1 on 1 combat, chem would definately win where a flamer wouldn't, while flamers can subdue a group easier due to his flames spreading out wider.

Basically I think Chems are offensive, while flamers are defensive/area denial (in the sense of defending the enemy tiberium field from their harvesters). I see chem guys who easily destroy anyone other than other chemproof guys. With my lag though, I can't aim the chem at all, so woo hitscans instead

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 am
:/

Chem's got the SMG, so that's the extra cash.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:29 am

Flamer projectiles are slow but they have spread, while the chemical sprayer is flexible, accurate, and easy to land hits with. That can be the reason chem is more expensive than fire but this also makes flamer more of a defensive weapon.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:21 am

Chem's easy to land hits with?

What? It's always a struggle to get the tibstream to land on people unless pointblank. Must be the 190 ping, but it's near useless to me and so's the flamer.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:05 am

You either suck or lag too much. Or both :v
I can see a clear difference between the chem sprayer and the flamer. Try using both wepons offline. Your ping is causing a delay before tye sprayers fire. But for me it fires the instant I click my mouse and (chem) projectiles fly quickly. The flamer ones are slow so it's not much of an assault weapon.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 am

Offline yes, very nice to use, can easily hit targets

Online no, it's hard to accurately lead targets by more than a second when they're actively dodging with such sluggish projectile spawning

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:47 pm

I think the sprayer primaries are more useful for area denial more than anything. Think the tib cave in AOW15.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

Medicris wrote:
Offline yes, very nice to use, can easily hit targets

Online no, it's hard to accurately lead targets by more than a second when they're actively dodging with such sluggish projectile spawning

Then you're fucked.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]