View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Spy Bug 

Post Spy Bug
Stealth class now has two main usages – destroying buildings and surprise buttsex with a chainsaw (minigun, surge etc.) Invisible and light soldier with minigun and whole pack of c4 in his pocket sounds at least funny.
I think you can expand his capabilities with more realistic for this class usage - mounting spy bugs.
How would it work:
-It’s basic equipment for every stealth, comes free but you pay when you plant it. (that would be easiest way of adding this feature, I think)
-It could be planted only on “Master control” in every building and obelisk.
-It’s invisible – the only way of finding it is to fire it with repair gun (disarming is the same as for c4’s)

What will the bug do? I have two main concepts “easy” and “complicated”

Easy : every time opposite team makes any refining, some amount (20% for example) of this money goes to your team. Off course all notifications for opposite team about amount of their refining would be the same – you will need to count your money before and after refining, to see if it stolen.

Complicated: result of working of the bug would depend on the building where it was planted. It would have basic stealing of 15%, but:
-planted in ref would give +15% more
-planted in bar would open some classes if your bar is destroyed
-planted in res would give a discount for your researches,
-planted on obe would give a predelay for obe charging
-planted in wf – dunno, maybe discount for mechs, or just +5% for stealing

I don’t know how much should it cost or how many of these you can plant (obviously not more than 2-3).

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:17 pm
Diening slowly

Post Re: Spy Bug
i like it! :D

that make the aow more tatical, i vote yes!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:57 pm

So basically a version of Red Alert's spies? Get them into a building and they sabotage the base depending on what building they infiltrated.

Last edited by Dusk on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

fixt link

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:03 am

Medicris wrote:
So basically a version of Red Alert's spies? Get them into a building and they sabotage the base depending on what building they infiltrated.

Yeah. Kind of like that.

Developers, Y U NO reply about this one?

Besides obvious diversity in gameplay, it would give stealthes an ability to make sabotages alone that would make this class more enjoyable to play.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Oh man, thievery is my specialty! On a serious thought I dunno, a ˝tactical˝ team could just have the util shoot the repair gun at the mct every time he feels like doing so, disarming any bugs every time he does it.

I`m not even sure that there is a need for a feature like this, since the economy is fucked over beyond recognition (and it`s been that way before half of today`s players even started playing). It would definitely be useful if money isn`t something a team can easily earn, but that`s... not quite the case now. :V

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:40 am

Konda wrote:
˝tactical˝ team could just have the util shoot the repair gun at the mct every time he feels like doing so, disarming any bugs every time he does it.

Yeah I know. This is how I imagined how it should be - checking and rechecking. Because of this easy way to find it - it should cost not a lot (around 500)

Konda wrote:
I`m not even sure that there is a need for a feature like this, since the economy is fucked over beyond recognition (and it`s been that way before half of today`s players even started playing). It would definitely be useful if money isn`t something a team can easily earn, but that`s... not quite the case now. :V

Maybe then the emphasis should be done on non-money-oriented profits that I mentioned in first message.

For example it can work as demo's c4s (activated from a distance) - but when it activated the whole defense system (obe and turrets) of the opposite team shuts down for some time. Could be used as a preparation to stealth attack or mech rush.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]