View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Artillery Cannon Direct Hit 

Post Artillery Cannon Direct Hit
I’m not sure, if it’s possible to realize this in doom, maybe there is such thing in aow thought, but it’s not noticeable.
I think direct hit with artillery should deal extra damage, much more than splash one. It’s more realistic. And it would encourage people actually aim their artilleries.
For long range it’s critical – you can’t aim on floor and make lots of splashes, the only way are directs. So we should aim like 4 times better but get the same result?

P.S. I didn’t get where to post my suggestions – here or in “User Submissions” ?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Post Re: Artillery Cannon Direct Hit
And when you aim from close range?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm not sure here. Explosive weapons were designed to produce area-of-effect splash damage. They rely more on timing rather than pure aim in contrast to laser weapons which are mostly hitscan.

vagina vangi wrote:
P.S. I didn’t get where to post my suggestions – here or in “User Submissions” ?

User submissions is for suggestions where you have made the feature actually happen with a patch WAD.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 pm
Profile WWW

Konda wrote:
And when you aim from close range?

You can reduce moving speed of artillery soldier, to make him weaker in close range. It's what I don't like about Artillery and Rocket Soldiers - they have the same speed.(or almost the same)

Maybe it's better to leave Rocket solider as it is, and make Artillery slow but powerful long ranger? (I don't like the idea of nerfing Art Sld cuz he is one of the best classes imho)

Or you can do it with Grenade Soldier - this class is useless now. You can increase speed of his "grenades" and power of direct hits, decrease shooting speed and leave curved trajectories.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]