View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Improving shotgunner class 
Faith implies fate

Post Improving shotgunner class
Because it's the most rare class used, my suggestion is to give it either one of two options:
1. 1 grade armor and 0.9 speed (1 grade armor, because it has to get close to the enemy to deal damage while gunman always tends to attack from the distance);
2. give it 1 speed so it's basically effective against lower classes before 500xp is reached and after 500xp it's merged with the gunman (just you got an extra shotgun).

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Improving shotgunner class
Ermac wrote:
Because it's the most rare class used, my suggestion is to give it either one of two options:
after 500xp it's merged with the gunman

No, no one should be as fast as gunman - it's his main and only advantage.

1 grade armor should work, I think.

Last edited by vagina vangi on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:01 am

Think i'd appreciate more damage instead

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 pm

His damage isn't that bad, but he gets killed fast. So I guess +1 armor grade and a little damage boost should work. And maybe make him slightly faster.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Time for the daily dose of insanity: leave the grade at 0 but up his speed past gunman? :P

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

I'd wreck everyone then.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:01 pm

He could use a little additional tankiness since he's the basic defensive unit and is a good bit less mobile. Something tells me more speed would just make him a gunman clone with a high-damage, close quarters weapon who can outrun anyone, meaning no one can escape the shotgunner's pointblank shots even if the shotgunner plays sloppily. And not to mention applying the Gunman circlestrafe tactic while you deal 80 damage per shot. EZmode class indeed, and one that would likely make SSGs more or less obsolete since the Shotgunners are so much faster and inescapable.

Just a hunch.

Lv1 armour should be alright, even if just to survive an extra couple of bullets to squeeze that finishing shotgun shell off. And Konda's right, up close (SSG range) his damage is pretty damn good (~70-80 per shot pointblank) and fires quickly. Thing is, it's scratch damage past that and my personal experience has shown me that you need to land solid hits without missing to outdamage others. If you miss a shot or two, you're likely to get overwhelmed, especially if the enemy has a close quarters assault gun or has a buddy shadowing him.

Of course, with Gunman speed, you could just zoom away before the enemy can kill you if you manage to miss a bunch of shots.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]