View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Stealth Trooper 

Post Stealth Trooper
I think need edit stelth trooper class. Cuz players like sss Ermac or Mr.Nice permanent spoil their game. they only choose this class 99% of game time and running around the map just finishing off wounded players. that is, when I want to play for fun different classes, it is not a good idea if you play with Ermac. and have to choose the most part gunman (or also choose stealth to) to have its due and kill invisible fagot breaking game.
I'm not the only one who thinks so, a lot of people annoyed by the likes of Ermak.
So I think that can be done
1) reduce the distance laser flute
2) significantly reduce the laser damage
3) further reduce the armor of this class.
Because I think this class is designed to infiltrate the enemy base and sabotage. And not for attacking class.
What do you think about this?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:34 am

Post Re: Stealth Trooper
I feel that it has to do with his combination of speed, element of surprise, and very likely potential of picking up heavy weapons.

Thing is, even if the stealth does get caught by being a bad player, it doesn't take any skill to just run away faster than ANY OTHER CLASS IN THE GAME (bar the gunman).

That makes as much sense as taking TF2's Spy, giving him Scout speed, and then giving him a competent sniper weapon. And the ability for him to use a Soldier's Rocket Launcher if he comes across a dropped one. Or a Heavy's Minigun.

You can see where I'm going with this. It makes successfully killing a stealth difficult, even if he fucks up. Low armour doesn't mean much if he only takes three bullets before being gone around a corner and recloaked. Add this to a high DPS perfectly accurate laser gun and you get someone who you can always nearly kill, but rarely finish off. And on top of that, add the ability to get the drop on any player with weapons such as Gatling Guns and Shock Rifle, and the infamous Stealth Chainsaw. Armour means nothing if the enemy's dead before he can fire two machinegun bullets.

I'd say simply lower his speed to average levels, in order to make it fair to both stealth and other players if he manages to get seen or attack at a bad time. Sheer speed is not needed for infiltration (You know, his actual job), smarts, timing, and positioning is. Stealth fucks up, he rightfully dies.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:47 am

Actually if you use your ears you will often survive stealth + chainsaw. Also this combo in the field makes renegade deathmatch play harder so I kinda like it. I think solution lies in improving team play.

Could you have a mini map in the HUD where you see where your team mates or even who's taking damage and who's talking atm?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:57 am

ye, minimap it good idea, but it real do in this doom? but i think it can do for simple map first.
ye, with stealth + chainsaw it not hard kill him, cuz hear steps near. and sometimes it fun. but i told about not it. i told what injured players on the rebound, that is, when you're with someone, you fight (ssg vs ssg for example) - he shoots you from afar, and broken fun. he just finishing moves. Its Rat tactic )
About pickup other weapon - it ok, cuz 1) when you switch weapon you visible 2) when use stelsth + spam weapons (smg, gattling and etc) - you need stay close for atack, and have near 1 sec delay before atack. so it not hard kill this guy.

yes, lower speed stealth (to 0.85 for example) it is a good idea. but anyway need lower distance laser (like skruge for example), for anti jackal people ) cuz for infiltrate you not need high distance for broken defense and clear mines.

and ye, maybe i bad explain what i mean, and for that I wrote about sss Ermak and Mr.Nice. it is bright representative of "Jackal" game. i think all saw him how he play, what he's doing - that's what I mean.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am

xstreet wrote:
Because I think this class is designed to infiltrate the enemy base and sabotage. And not for attacking class.
What do you think about this?

Agree

xstreet wrote:
1) reduce the distance laser flute

Very Agree.

xstreet wrote:
significantly reduce the laser damage

I'm not sure ...

xstreet wrote:
3) further reduce the armor of this class.

No Agree.

And we still need fix when a player SUICIDE itself. It shouldn't left their Weapon Pack.
Ermac is not big problem, he use chainsaw and Stealth 80% of the time. So he must be tight to you or very close.
If you know listen... 70% of the time can hear their steps.

The problem is people like Mr.Nice and Sanae (this last, the worst of all).
Becouse Mr. Nice use Plasma Cannon and Stealth, or Plasma gunner and Stealth (becouse he suicide itselft)
And Sanae all the time kill himselft and have Gattling and Stealth.
This 2 guys are the real problem becouse they can kill you without be near of you. They can shoot you from a safe and Noiseless distance. When you react, you already have 50% less of HP at least.

We think in Ermac becouse he play AOW all the time. So we must deal with him all the time. But we must don't confusse.
The real problem are Sanae and Mr. Nice.
Mainly Sanae with their "XXXX Kill himself" ... check the image.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 pm
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

You do realize the tibrifle was buffed along with the addition of it's new nemesis - the combustion autorifle, right?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]