View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Enemy buildings capture 
Grandvoid administrator

Post Enemy buildings capture
I have in mind a class (a sort of engineer) that can turn enemy MCTs on your side, literally hack them. That can give a team without an important building possibility to use enemy's one. So if your barracks gone you send a "hacker" to enemy base and capture it for your sake. Not only that, capturing enemy refinery and/or minirefinery increases credits income and your teammates can spawn in captured building as well as in your own. Capturing obelisk of light I think should be the hardest thing to do. Maybe it just should be turned off and only after additional hacking be turned against the previous owners. Enemy hackers can hack the building again and capture then back. If a team loses all their building that way it loses. If a player tried to use terminals of a previously owned building a message saying "Your building was captured be enemy" appears.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:19 pm
The Undead Queen B

Post Re: Enemy buildings capture
Hmm... This sounds interesting.. But once the 'hacker' takes over the mtc, can it be re-hacked? If it can, this is basically pointless; the opposing team could just re-hack the terminal after kicking them out of the building and nothing would be accomplished. And if a team already has a wf, bar, ref, res, or obby, can they have 2 of them? And if so.. What would be the point? Details man!

Anyway , I like the idea, but it does have some holes.

~ Gryphon

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 am
Grandvoid administrator

Heh:
* Capture enemy WF and get mechs from where to crush the base quickly (they are slow, you know).
* If enemy has advanced mechs while you haven't and you lost you RC, you can use enemy's adv. mechs.
* Hacked Obelisk (first stage): it stays dormant, doesn't react to anything.
* Hacked Obelisk (second stage): it attacks its owners.
* You can use converted purchase terminals for quick refill and teleporting back to field has a chance to teleport you to captured buildings as I've noted above.
* Having additional Refinery boosts your credits flow, it's not pointless, you are wrong here.

I think about making the hacker first obtain a kind of token from fallen foe utility guys, hackers and engineers, each token (for example, it can be presented as a password from MCT) speeds up the process of capturing. Without a token you have to hack deeper (longer in terms of gameplay) for those missing passwords. Since engineers don't usually attack the base and unlikely to be killed by a hacker for a token, the defending team will have a hard time trying to return back their buildings.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:56 pm
The Undead Queen B

Yes yes yes, I like this :D

You should recommend this to a dev, I could see this being a interesting twist to all out war

One thing I'd like to note (basically a suggestion)

- hackers have to buy the (virus)
- can buy different types of viruses
- they do different things like dissable it for an allotted amount of time, or turn the building over for an allotted amount of time.

I like this thread... Something this entailing hasn't come up in the thread in a while.

~Gryphon

Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]