View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Beta class suggestion UI: Improvement 
>:c

Post Beta class suggestion UI: Improvement
Currently, the UI for this does not show all classes in each category without having to scroll down past the default bottom of the list. (Tested at 1280x720 and below.) This isn't exactly a problem in itself as there's only so much screen real estate that can be used, however there is nothing to indicate just how many classes are in the list. (It took me multiple times playing the beta.... when people actually went to that server.... to notice there was still a regular tib harvester because that class doesn't show up in the list without scrolling far enough down, and there was no indicator at all that there were classes below the cutoff point.)

It's currently much like if a website has more data than can be displayed without scrolling, but the browser does not provide a scroll bar to indicate this. It's a decent UI with a major flaw.

Now I don't know how this would be implemented in this engine, but something like a "scroll bar" that shows you where the "cursor" is in the list for categories that have more options than can be displayed at one time.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:33 am

Post Re: Beta class suggestion UI: Improvement
I agree. Some indication is needed. Maybe just showing total amount of classes in sub-menu would be sufficient.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]