View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Suggestions? You got it. 

Post Suggestions? You got it.
So me and Medic were talking and both of us had a bunch of ideas, and I'm just gonna list them here, who knows maybe it'll get implemented.

- Separate the rifle class into two classes instead.
* Keep the rifle class the same but remove the grenade alt fire. Lower the price of a the rifle class though.
* Add a new cheap explosives class in place of its' altfire. Remember the one shot reload grenade launcher from the very first Real Guns Advanced or the one from Kdizd? Well I think that should be a standalone class on its own. Obviously the grenade should be weak, and it should force reload per shot. The pricing of it should be $100, if not then $200. (Why so cheap? Because it's literally a class cut in half.)

- Double click sniper rifle.
* Instead of the sniper rifle forcing you to reload every time (even in zoom), it should work like this; one click will fire the rifle, but then the second click will reload it, and vice versa. This way firing while zooming in isn't as messy as before.

- Add an option to switch between inventory use and weapon use.
* I don't know if this is possible but perhaps you guys can add a new cvar that lets the client choose whether or not to use the current inventory system, or the old system where everything was on your weapon selection.
* Reason being is that using inventory in general is a pain. The problem is using keyboard buttons to switch through the inventory and swiftly select your item is pretty bad since it hinders your movement during intense fights. Some people just don't have the space on their keyboard(People don't only play AoW). An option would be nice if possible.

- A free or $100 plasma class
* If you ever remember that mod "Eternal Blood", you might remember the humans had a class that had a plasma pistol. What it did was it just shot plasma in three-shot bursts, and that was it. Simple no? This way people have easy access to a plasma class without needing a ton of money.
* Oh and the sprite used for the pistol, was the right hand plasma gun sprite of the INSANITY powerup from way back.
* If this is too bad for a class, then I suggest using the plasma pistol as a weapon for the engineer(nerfed of course). Maybe a better pistol for the technician.

- Let the demolitions expert explode whenever he dies.
* Not terrorist strong, maybe the impact of a rocket? Something weak.

- Seperate electricity from the plasma damagetypes.
* It opens up a new tier of weapons that'd be pretty cool. The new electricity type would apply to the shock trooper, and the madcats shock cannon.

- Two new defense based classes
* These classes should be as fast as the shotgunner.
* The main weapon of this class will obviously be a shield.
* The cheaper class should cost as much as a supershotgunner since that's the only class that costs $200. It'll just be one weapon, you'll have a riot shield and shotgun combo as your primary weapon. Your main fire will just fire your shotgun. Your altfire will put the shield up, but slow you down. You can't have the shield up forever, perhaps a maximum of four to five seconds. When this class dies, it does not drop the shield, instead it'll drop a shotgun.
* The second class will be pure defence, meaning no weapons, just a badass nanoshield. My ideas are for this was its main fire being just a shield bash. However, its altfire will behave exactly like its cheaper counterpart, but it can absorb incoming projectiles. As you absorb projectiles, your power goes up and as long as your power is higher than one, then whenever you try to bash someone with your main fire, it'll launch a projectile instead; at max it should do a ton of damage (no instakill). This shield should be electric and won't drop when killed.
*Of course the shield class should be weak against anything bigger than mech rockets, and it should be pierced by the gauss rifle. All other projectiles/hitscan will get blocked as long as the shield is up.

- Utility upgrade: Jump pads!
* For more maneuverability, jump pads should be spawned by the utility guy.
* Only low, medium, and high jumps should be available.

- New melee specific classes
* Melee is extremely unappreciated in AoW, you see people throwing away their precious chainsaw whenever they are out of range :(
* The only idea I've come up with in a Nano-Sabre class.
* Basically this class cannot pick up any weapons, its main weapon is the nano sabre (a techy sword). Main fire should slice, it should only two hit kill and never one hit. The alt-fire should be a dash with cooldowns. If anyone has played Gunz, then they'll know what I'm talking about. Also this should be electricity. Cost mid-tier, 400-600(?)) also doesn't drop sword when killed.

- Replace all fists in this game with knives. (Maybe a new research)
* Cmon, even the poorest countries have knives with them.

- New free scout class
* Fast as stealth trooper
* Cannot pick up weapons
* Main weapon is a stronger pistol
* No addons (more than two C4's, plasma cannons, nukes, etc)
* Due to this class having no main weapon nor being able to pick anything else up, he should have two abilities, one being able to see stealth troopers while they are stealthed, two being able to pass through enemy floor C4's without detonating them. Obviously obelisk will still hurt this character.

- TF2 style medic
* Replace the resprited engineer repair gun with an automatic tranquilizer gun. It only needs a main fire, if hits an enemy it'll damage them, but if it is used on a teammate, it'll heal them. The damage done to an enemy should be machine-gun level or lower.
* Shouldn't pick up any other weapons, or buy addons (except for C4's and nukes).

- Cap credit flow to 10,000 or 15,000
* Why does anyone need so much?

- Add a last resort option for flame thrower and the tiberium thrower.
* Basically, at the cost of your life you can cover yourself with tiberium or gasoline and light yourself on fire and start chasing people around, after your time is up, you die!
* Yes, this is fucking crazy.

- Add a cheap $300 or less crossbow
* Just rip the electric crossbow from strife, done and done.

- Specific grenades based on class
* Frag grenade for explosive and bullet classes
* Plasma grenades for plasma classes
* Perhaps for certain infiltration classes, they can have EMP grenades. What it would do is upon detonation, it will stun anything mechanical. So things like turrets and miniravents will be stunned. If EMP grenades get introduced, then I think stunning turrets/mini ravens by shooting at them should be removed since it does not make sense.

More stuff will be added, please respond freely

Last edited by Catastrophe on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:18 am
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

Post Re: Suggestions? You got it.
Catastrophe wrote:
- Double click sniper rifle.
* Instead of the sniper rifle forcing you to reload every time (even in zoom), it should work like this; one click will fire the rifle, but then the second click will reload it, and vice versa. This way firing while zooming in isn't as messy as before.

I think perhaps this should instead be done with magazines? While it's an interesting idea, it seems kind of inherently pointless because it'd be easier to just make the shoot/reload sequence not cancel the zooming. (I can't even remember if it unzooms. I'm so great.)

Catastrophe wrote:
- Add an option to switch between inventory use and weapon use.
* I don't know if this is possible but perhaps you guys can add a new cvar that lets the client choose whether or not to use the current inventory system, or the old system where everything was on your weapon selection.
* Reason being is that using inventory in general is a pain. The problem is using keyboard buttons to switch through the inventory and swiftly select your item is pretty bad since it hinders your movement during intense fights. Some people just don't have the space on their keyboard(People don't only play AoW). An option would be nice if possible.

Well, I really can't say that much else other than "do you really need to have all the keys bound to random stuff", since G/H would be far more than enough for the primary stuff. (Selfheal/C4)
In addition it might be possible to make AOW2 actually be recognized as its own entity in the configs and so only have AOW2 binds exist when playing AOW2. o_O

Catastrophe wrote:
- A free or $100 plasma class
* If you ever remember that mod "Eternal Blood", you might remember the humans had a class that had a plasma pistol. What it did was it just shot plasma in three-shot bursts, and that was it. Simple no? This way people have easy access to a plasma class without needing a ton of money.
* Oh and the sprite used for the pistol, was the right hand plasma gun sprite of the INSANITY powerup from way back.
* If this is too bad for a class, then I suggest using the plasma pistol as a weapon for the engineer(nerfed of course). Maybe a better pistol for the technician.

The engineer/technicians having this is probably the better idea. And I like that idea.

Catastrophe wrote:
- Let the demolitions expert explode whenever he dies.
* Not terrorist strong, maybe the impact of a rocket? Something weak.

aw yeah

Catastrophe wrote:
- Seperate electricity from the plasma damagetypes.
* It opens up a new tier of weapons that'd be pretty cool. The new electricity type would apply to the shock trooper, and the madcats shock cannon.

Technically plasma could be a neutral damagetype that gave the fire afterburn, while lasers could stay the same.

Catastrophe wrote:
- Two new defense based classes
* These classes should be as fast as the shotgunner.
* The main weapon of this class will obviously be a shield.
* The cheaper class should cost as much as a supershotgunner since that's the only class that costs $200. It'll just be one weapon, you'll have a riot shield and shotgun combo as your primary weapon. Your main fire will just fire your shotgun. Your altfire will put the shield up, but slow you down. You can't have the shield up forever, perhaps a maximum of four to five seconds. When this class dies, it does not drop the shield, instead it'll drop a shotgun.
* The second class will be pure defence, meaning no weapons, just a badass nanoshield. My ideas are for this was its main fire being just a shield bash. However, its altfire will behave exactly like its cheaper counterpart, but it can absorb incoming projectiles. As you absorb projectiles, your power goes up and as long as your power is higher than one, then whenever you try to bash someone with your main fire, it'll launch a projectile instead; at max it should do a ton of damage (no instakill). This shield should be electric and won't drop when killed.
*Of course the shield class should be weak against anything bigger than mech rockets, and it should be pierced by the gauss rifle. All other projectiles/hitscan will get blocked as long as the shield is up.

I don't really know about this one.

Catastrophe wrote:
- Utility upgrade: Jump pads!
* For more maneuverability, jump pads should be spawned by the utility guy.
* Only low, medium, and high jumps should be available.

Seems cool enuff.

Catastrophe wrote:
- Replace all fists in this game with knives. (Maybe a new research)
* Cmon, even the poorest countries have knives with them.

I think making fists a bit more viable would be a better solution, myself. Because punching fagets to death always feels great.

Catastrophe wrote:
- New free scout class
* Fast as stealth trooper
* Cannot pick up weapons
* Main weapon is a stronger pistol
* No addons (more than two C4's, plasma cannons, nukes, etc)
* Due to this class having no main weapon nor being able to pick anything else up, he should have two abilities, one being able to see stealth troopers while they are stealthed, two being able to pass through enemy floor C4's without detonating them. Obviously obelisk will still hurt this character.

Seems like a pretty cool class for the stealth spotting aspect of it, though it'd probably be very harsh on the infiltrators. (And I mean very harsh, because they're weak to bullets now.)

- TF2 style medic
* Replace the resprited engineer repair gun with an automatic tranquilizer gun. It only needs a main fire, if hits an enemy it'll damage them, but if it is used on a teammate, it'll heal them. The damage done to an enemy should be machine-gun level or lower.
* Shouldn't pick up any other weapons, or buy addons (except for C4's and nukes).

Catastrophe wrote:
- Cap credit flow to 10,000 or 15,000
* Why does anyone need so much?

Already in, for the exact same reason. (I can't remember what the cap is at, probably 7.5k or 10k.)

Catastrophe wrote:
- Add a last resort option for flame thrower and the tiberium thrower.
* Basically, at the cost of your life you can cover yourself with tiberium or gasoline and light yourself on fire and start chasing people around, after your time is up, you die!
* Yes, this is fucking crazy.

This could be an inventory item, heh. Melikes.

Catastrophe wrote:
- Add a cheap $300 or less crossbow
* Just rip the electric crossbow from strife, done and done.

Seems kind of unnecessary, considering I already have trouble finding stuff appropriate to the situation - though iunno.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:49 am

Speaking of jump pads is there any example available for the doom Engine? I'd want One for a aow2 map

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:51 am

Well for the key binds suggestions, I suggested that because aow isn't the mod people ONLY play, I need the binds for Sr50, CTF incoming messages, gvh/samsara binds, etc...

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:06 pm
>:c

Why again do you want the rifle class split in two? Nobody plays rifleman as-is, and it's not like the rifle grenades are that powerful... at all.

Also, I'm a little confused with what you're saying about the sniper. In my experience, it just works as a "fire, delay between shots for the cocking animation, fire" no matter what. Aside from being unable to adjust zoom during the cocking animation, I'm... not sure what you're trying to suggest here. I don't know, maybe that's something in a beta build that I haven't seen because nothing but the troll-ridden BE New York server is ever populated.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 am

Rhydon wrote:
Why again do you want the rifle class split in two? Nobody plays rifleman as-is, and it's not like the rifle grenades are that powerful... at all.

Also, I'm a little confused with what you're saying about the sniper. In my experience, it just works as a "fire, delay between shots for the cocking animation, fire" no matter what. Aside from being unable to adjust zoom during the cocking animation, I'm... not sure what you're trying to suggest here. I don't know, maybe that's something in a beta build that I haven't seen because nothing but the troll-ridden BE New York server is ever populated.

Well the rifle class should be split into two, because it's not an explosive class to begin with.

The sniper suggestion is because the sniper rifle is extremely clunky, having to reload WHILE zoomed in makes no sense at all.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:46 pm
:/

I've always thought of the sniper as bolt-action, so scoped "reloading" (so to say) wouldn't be unreasonable. On the line of reasoning of "sense," many things don't work out too well.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:29 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Rhydon wrote:

Well the rifle class should be split into two, because it's not an explosive class to begin with.

The sniper suggestion is because the sniper rifle is extremely clunky, having to reload WHILE zoomed in makes no sense at all.

i so much agree with you i think you have a point there

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:28 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]