[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Defense structure variations
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Defense structure variations 

Post Defense structure variations
Hi there, I go by Goliath on ST. Just wanted to throw out some friendly suggestions to the developers of AOW.

The only defensive structure, the Obelisk, is a bit plain for people and it tends to be an annoying structure to deal with. I don't play AOW much, but I do observe others who particularly play it often. My suggestion here is to add the 3 Components from CnC Tiberian Sun and CnC Tiberian Sun Firestorm.

These three weapons are GDI defensive structures in the game, from the Vulcan MG to the left to the RPG Up-Grade to the right, they are variations of defensive structures that can attack both air and ground units (The VMG and the RPG attack land, SAM attacks air.) I wanted to see what people would think if you took the Generals side of gameplay and make the SAM Up-Grade a land/air attack, something like the Patriot Missiles in the game.

I'll throw some more stuff in here...it's New Years Eve and I gotta celebrate. Thanks for hearing me out.

admin edit: split rest of suggestions to:
- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=848
- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=849
- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=850

Last edited by Dusk on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

split other ideas to indiv. threads

Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:10 pm

Post Re: Suggestions
Hi. I'll yive you my thoughts about tye first one.
1 - Since you've heard that obelisk is annoying, you might have also heard that all games end up in sudden death mode, that is a team can not win without having the enemy team lose the ability to repair buildings. You might have also heard that there is a utility gun that can build all kinds of turrets. Now here's the catch - a base is very hard to destroy without using a beacon that causes a massive explosion. Even with a beacon, without the stealth class you can not hide in the shadows and sneak up on people trying to defuse the bomb. Because if you used some other class, the enemy team will keep attacking you until they blow your face off with a SSG (or a chemical grenade) that practically instakills. Now, the obelisk can see the stealth guys and shoot them. If we split up the obelisk in 3, the stealth guy would have nowhere to hide and/or inflitrate the base at all. If we set it so the 3 defensive structures can't see stealth people, everyone would be using it and inflitration would be too easy, defeating the purpose of such a stricure. Ome shot from anything defensive is enough to expose the stealth guy to the entire enemy base, meaning he's fucked. And then the game ends in SD again.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Post Re: Suggestions
While I don't really agree with the suggestion template, I am annoyed of multiple suggestions in one topic...

EDIT: Split ideas to individual threads:
- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=848
- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=849
- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=850

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Defense structure variations
If this is already split into 3 different suggestions, then I don't see the point of this topic anymore (it probably stayed as a redirect before).

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Post Re: Defense structure variations
There was 4 actually - the three others were split with the remaining one left to this one.

I'll leave this open, at least for now.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]