[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Some new suggestions and a question.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Some new suggestions and a question. 

Post Some new suggestions and a question.
Let's go straight to what i want to say.

1.- Plasma Cannon for infantry.
This weapon does massive damage to anything. Its a thick fast flying round of shocking terror. What is still senceless to me is that this weapon is carried by infantry and yet it does much more damage than a mech weapon (Obviously something much bigger) and it only needs a fast moving troop like a Stealth trooper or a Commando to be nearly unstoppable.
I know its been nerfed and limited a lot lately but i think the adding of that weapon is just senceless. It makes it exploitable material and a cheap weapon for base raping.

2.-More Flying mechs.

I heard this idea since the project had mechs. I would suggest the following flying vehicles and some (sorry to be) demanding things.

*More roof height for flying mechs. (Airspace fun!)
*Fighter Mech (Low ammo and armor, few air-air missiles that needs vehicle lock on before firing, Semi-accurate machinegun and fast speed. )
*Bomber (About 20 High explosive slow missiles for buildings and enemy land mechs, 10 cluster dumb-fire rockets for infantry declimation and some resistant armor (6k hp)
*Fire-support gunship. Idea Based on the famous AC-130 from call of duty. Medium armor, Vulcan MG Burst, 4 60mm Bofor Shell Burst, 1 160mm High explosive round. Completely Helpless against Close anti-air and air-air fire.
3.- Role-based Mech-Vehicles.

The mechs where a exelent idea. But many are applied the same way as all the others (Rush till you have to eject it!)

Here are some ideas:
*IFV (Infantry Fighting Vehicle) A mech dessigned for supressing infrantry back into cover. Like With a Semi-accurate Machinegun for sure shots and a Explosive round gun for hammering the enemy cover. Its weakness: Assault Mechs, missiles and High Explosive attacks.
*Support Fire. (Mechs like the Titan and the Madcat fit this function.) Pretty much like tanks. Slow but demolishing Strikes. But they can get ambushed and killed easily in a stealth strike or a rush.
*Artillery (a heavy gun that needs deployment before firing.) A terror of buildings that needs cover while it fires. Might add a bigger element of teamwork to the game.
Like a MRLS, a Big cannon, or something like that.
*Support. A non-armed and poorly armored vehicle that repairs and re-arms mechs in-field and heals and slowly refills infantry nearby to support a strike.
Making it faster and safer than a utility could help. (Not helping air units, they need to return to base.)

4.- Class and Mid-field weapons.

I always asked myself: ┬┐What is the point of classes if you can pick up weapons in the middle of the field?
And even those other weapons arent preffered. You would rather have a Gatling gun than a Flamer or a Tib Autorifle.
That makes a class choosable for its atributes but not for its weapon and its purpose and uses.
I Suggest that weapons can not be dropped uppon death. It makes the player rely more on its weapon and might help out discard un-used classes.

If you guys can explain that to me i would really apreciate it.
Otherwise please consider my suggestion. It might help out a lot on gameplay.

5.-Buidable Structures.

This is a really big idea but i still dont know how would fit in the game.

Think of the players can make a big progression inside their own base playing defensively.
With enough money (A freaking sh*t load of money required.) they could buy and build a very expensive building that might be:

*SuperWeapon (Blue gets an Ion Particle Cannon and Red a Nuke Missile Silo. dealing 40% damage on every structure each strike able to be launched every 10 minutes)
*SuperBarracks (Makes it Able to purchase really powerful classes.)
*SuperWarFactory (Makes able to purchase really powerful Mechs.)
*Command Centre (Provides Many Upgrades for base defenses and attacking firepower.)

From all the building suggestions, i like the first one.

6.- Powerup Crates.

They seriously put some randomness into the game.
I beleive you know how many issues the crates have been through. (Remember Firestorm crate? Some players used to call if "Lagstorm" Crate.)

Many players Hog them
Many other Grab them By accident.
and the game gets slowly based on the luck of the crate than the whole team effort.
I suggest its removal. That's all. Many people got tired of the so called "Kamicaze Bitching" and "Cratehogging" or like some people call "CrateWhoring" (Including me :c).

7.- Beacons

It a real adventure to place and defend them.

They are a lot of fun so i would suggest a diferent kind of beacon that is placed in the open space of the enemy base.

An Anti-Infantry beacon. It might consist in:
*Chem-Acid Strike (Enemy players die quickly into a huge cloud of poison gas in their own base. Chem Warriors remain unnafected)
*Marine Raid (An Airdrop of 20 AI Marines to storm the enemy base with the players)
*Declimation Fire Airstrike. (a constant bombardment of phosphorus grenades that difficult the movement outside the structures. Flamethrowers can resist fire but still get hurt by exploding shells.)

8.- Small detail on Destroyed Structures.

I would suggest to keep the building on fire or locked. Since it can still be used by enemy players to hide and it can still be used to get the medikits and backpacks in it.
when a structure is destroyed, its supposed to become Completely useless in most ways possible.

And.... ummmm.... i hope you guys like my ideas. I wish i could help in development but i still have much to learn about ACS and mapping and all...

If you guys have a reason of Why it shouldnt be added/Changed/Removed please reply. i want to know better.

Regards

-TACxupete

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Post Re: Some new suggestions and a question.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:36 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by atac on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]