View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
More telling score board 

Post More telling score board
First post in forum and I'll be bold to come up with a suggestion I came to think of.

First the point system is very good. But it could be more telling what actually counts as points. I came to think of the end score board of Starcraft where it is presented how much has been refined, number of buildings, kills etc. Something similar should be applicable to the scoreboard of All out war. How much a player has scored by refining, repairing, killing, destroying buildings etc. Is this possible?

Some of these scores would maybe have to be presented in the end game score board as to not reveal too much of the ongoing tactics. Is this separation at all possible?

A thing that I think could be implemented on the in game scoreboard would be number of deaths. This is to visualize the impact of dying in the game, as it only gains the other team. It could make staying alive something to work for. Also it would be easier to personally address a user that is frequently dying in SD, which is a bit hard to do now. It could also have some impact on spamming as the spammers lose some face by it being obvious. :)

If this is possible to implement, what other interesting data that could be visualized that affects the game ?

Edit: 2 examples from other games:

Sun May 06, 2012 10:23 am

Post Re: More telling score board
I can agree with knowing who's dying most in Sudden Death/eating the most tickets.

But, I think if a Kill/Death ratio was put in for the whole of the game, it'd make even more of a Call-of-Doody-esque "glamour-seeking lone wolf TDM" encouragement than there is now. Same goes for removing points on death, which means people would take less risks in actually doing the objective and just camp/frag all match.

I can't really think of a way to implement this without encouraging lone-wolf gameplay. Anyone?

Sun May 06, 2012 12:30 pm

I don't think this is possible to implement, unless 98e is coming with a lump that edits scoreboards, and such a suggestion got Graf'd at zdoom forums so it's very unlikely to come to st IIRC.

Sun May 06, 2012 12:57 pm

There could be an alternate scoreboard command, though.. but would that be making things overly complex? Is the current score display really not informative enough?

Sun May 06, 2012 3:52 pm
Profile WWW

A custom scoreboard would be a nice and first feature to have imo.

Sun May 06, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
:/

Time to see all the players going 16 and 50

Sun May 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Might as well integrate a IP-to-country database into the scoreboard.

Sun May 06, 2012 9:17 pm
Faith implies fate

There is actually post related to this on skulltag forum. http://www.skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic ... 55&t=23197 Write your opinions there.

Mon May 07, 2012 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Isabel

I'd like see score about (in sudden death) how many times has died every player.

Make realize a lot of player their level of skills and what is better for them and their team when SD comes.
Stay in base watching it, or go out to make frags or go out to destroy buildings.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:59 am
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

Oh yeah, that would be a nice feature. ;O

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Yeah that's not a bad idea.
Skulltag doesn't offer the option to modify the scoreboard so we can't integrate stuff into it. However, we (Dusk :V) can make a custom score board in ACS, which is not going to be a very easy thing to do... So you guys better be desperately needing a custom score board ;V

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Isabel wrote:
I'd like see score about (in sudden death) how many times has died every player.

Make realize a lot of player their level of skills and what is better for them and their team when SD comes.
Stay in base watching it, or go out to make frags or go out to destroy buildings.

I'm so Agree

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 am

Well I'm a bit busy with the menu atm, but maybe afterwards... unless someone tackles this first. :P

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:39 am
Profile WWW

Isabel wrote:

I'd like it too. And should add this information:
- How many players has kill every player.
- Who destroyed ref, Who destroyed Wf, Who destroyed bar, Who destroyed obe, Who destroyed Rc.

Becouse is not the same see X die 10 but kill 11 than X die 15 but kill 34.
Or X player die 3 times and has 0 kills but has destroyed 3 buildings.
We need the whole information :geek:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:11 am

Base killing is team work. You might have killed it, but you couldn't have done it if someone didn't previously clean defenses from the path in an attempt to take down a base, or didn't damage the base, or didn't distract the enemy team. If none of those then they should at least be credited for protecting your base while you were focused on taking down buildings, as you couldn't have done that if you alone fought against 6 people in a game. If you were away from your base, they'd rape your base during that time.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]