View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Frag Grenade sounds 
Faith implies fate

Post Frag Grenade sounds
In each first person shooter game frag grenade makes metal sounds when comes in contact with walls and ground before explosion, and we should implement this in AOW so you don't have to each time look does enemy throw it and when it does to try follow that tiny little sprite. And when someone throws grenade behind you, you should be able to hear it. Grenades from skulltag grenade launcher make those sounds. The best sound for grenade is from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Instead of dying ridiculously since it's so fast and you don't hear it, you will have more time to react.

Sat May 12, 2012 12:30 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Frag Grenade sounds
I thought about that too, then I realized that them making sounds would make them WAY less effective, especially since you can't cook the grenades. That's the difference between other shooters and this one.

Sat May 12, 2012 4:33 am

I personally disagree with this - frag grenades are meant to be sneaky explosives and doing this would be detrimental to them. I think frag grenades are just fine.

Also, woo 1000th post!

Sat May 12, 2012 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Faith implies fate

Then just little little something that let you know that tiny little grenade is here, can you see it when its huge combat, plasma cannon and fire and several people at once trow grenade ? Not really, then its just too easy to die by grenade.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:49 am
Profile WWW

It's usually a giant red flag to see a guy with the fists guy skin facing you, especially one that pops in and out of a corner. That's how you know exactly when he threw a grenade.

Who knows. With lower resolutions it might be hard to see, but for me, I see frag nades coming at me every time on this little 1280x800 screen, software.

All I can really say is to have them be very quiet and only audible when everything else is calm. Even thenm you can hear the guy pulling the pin at that point, so it'd be useless.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Medicris wrote:
It's usually a giant red flag to see a guy with the fists guy skin facing you, especially one that pops in and out of a corner. That's how you know exactly when he threw a grenade.

^ Exactly this.

Is there something we haven't taken into account here or should this be closed?

Sat May 12, 2012 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

Grenades need massive yellow caution banners over them and a 20 second timer so players have time to escape from them. To compensate for this ease of dodging, damage radius should be map-wide.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:57 am
Your local sprite tweaker
Lead Artist

No, the explosions should trigger this (IDDT two times, kill yourself and summon "BigBoom").
NO ESCAPE BEHIND WALLS BITCH

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]