View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Rename Guardian to Mammoth 

Post Rename Guardian to Mammoth
The Guardian Mech in All Out War Two has the following characteristics:
Massive Armor
Twin-Barrel cannon that does big damage
Missiles
Is very very slow

These characteristics are also shared by the GDI Mammoth Tank. I suggest that the Guardian should be re-named Mammoth. They share many similarities, and calling the guardian a mammoth (one of the most iconic C&C vehicles) helps to ground AoW2 more to its C&C theme (which is already demonstrated by the names of many of the infantry classes, the music on some of the maps, the names of the strictures and some inventory items, ect. ect.)

The only real differences between Guardian and Mammoth is that Guardian has flak and nukes. Flak can easily be explained as co-axial on the mammoth's big tank guns, and it's not hard to imagine something as cool as a mammoth having a nuke launcher.

Re-naming a previously existing vehicle to a more appropriate name will not be very hard to do, and provides advantage of bringing AoW2 closer to its C&C theme. Also, Mammoths are just great, and everyone wants to operate one instead of something named after its role (none of the other mechs are; why should Guardian?)

Attachment:
AwesomeMammoths.jpg
AwesomeMammoths.jpg [ 30.38 KiB | Viewed 1506 times ]

Mammoths Crush Guardians in terms of how AWESOME they are.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:33 am

Post Re: Rename Guardian to Mammoth
Lol, okay, you like Mammoths. Pull your pants up for a moment while I explain.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=618

The Mammoth and Apocalypse tanks are exactly the roles I designed the Guardian to fill. Dual vehicle-wrecking cannons, Soviet flak cannons, a Grinder, and the Long Tom mininuke was left over from the old Juggernaut. We originally wanted a name like that, but wanted to get the point across that it's not good as an assault mech and is a defensive anti-mech machine. Thus Guardian seemed to fit, along with the -Defense- tag.

Seemed players bought it anyway since it was the most expensive, and thus obviously the best one for anything to them.

I'd say that the tag be changed to -Anti Mech- instead of Defense, and with a name like Marauder or Mauler.

I plan to tweak the weapons here and there to make it a little more than useless in hitting buildings as well as different rockets. It's an RA Apoc tank, not an RA Tank Destroyer.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]