[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - *Cough* *COUGH* *Cough*
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
*Cough* *COUGH* *Cough* 
Lead Artist

Post *Cough* *COUGH* *Cough*

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:32 am

Post Re: *Cough* *COUGH* *Cough*

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:34 am

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:54 am

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 am
Lead Artist

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:58 am

First of all I'm glad this discussion reached the forum.

Secondly, I'm very sorry to see this development. I know you devs/Dusk put down a lot of effort into this and rarely get thanked for it. So Thanks!!! You are doing great work.

Honestly, the player base are retarded. What do you think you get when you play a 20 year old game. Old farts like me wanting to play their child hood favorite or new dorks who are still living at home and just can't appreciate effort. Stubborn people that instinctively does not want change.

But, sadly enough, also the developers are retarded and hang around on IRC far from the action. An example of that developers don't know who plays their game:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1087

This you say to what probably is the best player _currently_ playing AOW.

So, what do we have to work with here now we have two camps of idiots who just don't talk to each other.

Communication! Right now I agree that the Beta is less buggy than the production version. But also, playing AOW on the BE server the last week has been more fun than in quite a while. Because there has been energy sparked of change. There has been tried old maps, soon new maps, and the settings has been meddled with to see what happens. For example mechs on AOW06 works. Since so many players has been taken in as admins there has been attendant administration. That fraglimit was just a troll vote

So I say. Come to the BE server. Meet the players! Play! Take the fight! Talk to players and inform them. Get them to play the new beta. I have tried but I can't test it alone. What we lack is communication!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 am
Lead Artist

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Well we don't have to argue about that, it's personal opinion and the least important part of my message. :)

What is actually needed:
1. Get people to play new beta. I'll ask Zoido to take BE the server down
2. Have Developers and hard core players present on the beta server explaining why changes has been made and noting bugs. Also pointing people to the forum or the IRC channel.
3. Fix bugs as soon as possible and keep updating the beta package (as far as I know there are fixes done not in the public beta)

I can help with number 3 if there's any mapping involved.

As to improve the communicating part is there be something done with the Welcome message on the server ? It's too large and only shown for a short while. Can the server message frequently pointing out that this is a beta and report any issues to the forum ?

Everyone need to work on humility and less hostility. These last hours there has been good testing done from both parts. Show's there's enough people wanting this mod to live!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 pm

ye, i can understand view of developers. but, it only beta version, and this need test. ye, we can test it. 1 hour. 1 day. maybe some more, as often as necessary. but play always in this beta version not good idea, its not fun. u say what need change version on BE server to current. i think its not good idea to. if i dont want play this version, why do I have to do it and why I was forced to give up choice. This shit.
If developers made a new version of AOW and all play the old version - it says a lot. not only about what it has bugs (for example in old versions like 1491 was a lot of bugs, but people still loves to play it.) lack of people in the game says that the current version of the WORSE. new is not always better. In this version, a lot of bad innovations, and the crucial for AOW, such as harvesting / spawn room / give bullet armor for 300$ / fast XP for c4, deleting plasma cannon and etc.
I understand what developers spent a lot of time and effort into this version, and thanks for that. but can still listen to the opinions of players and find a compromise? do not change radically the concept of the game, and leave the choice of such classes through a button, but remove the bullet armor and experience for c4. Generally as rightly said - to communicate.
Sry if something you can be rude, but I tried to to be frank )

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 pm
Lead Artist

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm
Lead Artist

Oi, and the plasma cannon hasn't been removed. The timer's just broken. :v

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:38 pm
Lead Artist

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]