View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Team names? 

Team names?
C&C-esque GDI vs Nod 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Custom teams 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Keep Red vs Blue 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 11

Team names? 

Post Team names?
This has been something that's been on my mind for a long time now. I'm kind of displeased with AOW just having the blue team and the red team. It's a setup seen a thousand times now and I'd kinda want to try something new.

So here's the options:
  • Use C&C's names, GDI vs Nod. If we go this route I still think GDI should retain the blue/green theme we kinda have in place now to make it more of a color opposite. Nod would go traditional obligatory red and black though.
  • Use custom team names. I was thinking of team Ionizers vs team Nucleus, something based off the superweapons used. Perhaps not mutually exclusive with option #1.. could have these as a sub-division of GDI and Nod or something like that.
  • keep red vs blue. Not my personal favorite but eh

I'm putting up a poll about this (ermagerd) but in the end it's the arguments that count.

Wed May 22, 2013 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
the All Out War 2 pro

Post Re: Team names?
could go for gdi and nod since it's meant to be c&c lemonade, sounds better than just blue and red too

Code:
[20:31] <Synert> so yeah thanks dusk
[20:31] <Synert> for accidentally setting him on my forums
[20:31] <Medicris> dying
[20:32] <Eric> we figure that's proper retribution for all the shit you do in-game :v
[20:32] <Dusk> hahaha
[20:33] <Eric> truly a fate worse than banning

Wed May 22, 2013 11:33 pm
That guy with DECORATE skillz.

What exactly do you mean by Custom Teams?

I'm assuming you mean a choose-able name by menu.

Sun May 26, 2013 3:08 am

Cyberkill wrote:
What exactly do you mean by Custom Teams?

I'm assuming you mean a choose-able name by menu.

He means changing the team's titles to something more than just stock "Red" and "Blue". Something more interesting.

I'm kinda on the fence about this too. On one hand I don't want to really try to "compete" with Renegade for what each game tries to accomplish, but at the same time it'd be a neat homage to this game's forefather.

On the other hand, it could do something original and stand on its own instead of walking in something else's footsteps. Besides the weapon-technology themed names, there's always the option of "U.A.C. vs. Corrupted/possessed/puppet/cultist humans" theme. Maps like Infected showcase this about right, and fits in with Doom better overall.

Sun May 26, 2013 5:30 am

Hell vs UAC?

Just another idea, perhaps a different player class for the red team to fit the theme.
But then..., the player weapon sprites...

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
:/

Cyberdemons everywhere

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:36 pm

I was thinking more of a hellish marine, or even the ShotgunGuy, or even possibly the ZSec Marine.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:57 pm
Profile WWW

Isnt colours coming from red alert soviet vs allies? I would like to spank some Americans. However i dont see this as very important. 8-)

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:53 pm

I think the colouring started off as generic default team colours since AOW was made in a time before teams could even be edited, though I'm sure it's Tiberium-themed with the Obelisks and all the TibSun mech names.

To be fair, GDI's iconic colours have been blue and sandy gold, so in Voltlock's mind blue fit well enough.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:48 pm
bloo obulsk dusted

i prefer red vs blue, nothing wrong with being generic. samsara's names, for example, bother me a bit; all seems a bit too crazy.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:21 am

Maybe sovjets / allies?

Sovjets are red, allies are blue. It would fit

obelisk doesnt fit them though, but tesla coil does. so it is a mix anyway ;D

Otherwise I vote for the given gdi / nod.

I like the similarity to C&C much. (except for the logics xD (human tanks who can survive several 100mm mass drivers, while a heavy machine like a titan mech dies like a fly xD)
In C&C Red Alert 1 was a heavy tank directly in front of an machinegun soldier. Who won? Of course the machine gun soldier. He just got tank cannon shots in its face, but.... ok :D
C&C seems to be the most unrealistic game ever :D

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:13 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

De-M-oN wrote:
Maybe sovjets / allies?

Sovjets are red, allies are blue. It would fit

obelisk doesnt fit them though, but tesla coil does. so it is a mix anyway ;D

Otherwise I vote for the given gdi / nod.

I like the similarity to C&C much. (except for the logics xD (human tanks who can survive several 100mm mass drivers, while a heavy machine like a titan mech dies like a fly xD)
In C&C Red Alert 1 was a heavy tank directly in front of an machinegun soldier. Who won? Of course the machine gun soldier. He just got tank cannon shots in its face, but.... ok :D
C&C seems to be the most unrealistic game ever :D

Meh, RA1 was where they could handwave it as "the gun not able to effectively aim at small targets like infantry, relying on damage through shrapnel". Makes enough sense, I'd like to see the WWII tank gunner that can put a HE shell through the chest of a soldier at 400 meters.

We can't really use that excuse in 1st person, but that balance model's still left over. Anti-tank weps are usually as effective to infantry as anti-infantry weps are to mechs.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Blood Eagle/ Diamond Sword
Attachment:
555569-tribes-ascend-windows-screenshot-choose-your-destiny-s.jpg
555569-tribes-ascend-windows-screenshot-choose-your-destiny-s.jpg [ 232.56 KiB | Viewed 7738 times ]

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]