[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - AOW2 - r2392
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
AOW2 - r2392 

Post AOW2 - r2392

Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:51 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: AOW2 - r2392

Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 pm

In singleplayer:

Powerup crate and 20$ item sprites in the center of AOW01 are sticking in the ground.

It doesn't remove Artillery Cannon when you resign from that class.

Seems that I'm not able to crouch.

When I pick an Orca as an invisible stealth and then eject from that mech, I remain invisible no matter if I shoot or what weapon I hold.

Last edited by projectionist on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:09 pm

I got home just in time!
Ill fix up my laptop then get playing with you guys

Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Tib rifle's explosion sprites got derped. They have the extremely old green recolors of the repairgun sprites instead.

Also, I've always wanted to ask this, but why not remove the "muzzleflash" on the chemspray? It doesn't fit. The chemspray fire sound itself doesn't loop properly, either. Not to mention the SMG looks like it's being molested by the player's hand when you fire it :c

Missile launcher seems radically different in this and sticks out like a hobo at a wedding. It's not a bad weapon by any means but it has so many features that no other gun has (reloading, recoil, aim kick, HUD effects, extremely smooth animations) that simply makes the rest of the game look primitive because it's so awesome and the rest can't compare. Until expansion is done, I think to make it more in-line with the rest of the arsenal, it'd still be a solid weapon choice even without reloading or aim kicking.

Good job on this.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Hopefully no other weapon will have HUD effects like that (lolrecoil). But yes, the RL finally got what it deserved for a long time. Missile launchers with target detection are high-tech and deserve to look cool. It looks like a real advanced weapon right now.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:27 am

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 am
Profile WWW

So in IRC you said you'd like to add the recoil to the heavy weapons. Just adding that here as a note, and to be frank I wouldn't mind it either for the big single shot guns, like the Artillery, Missile Launcher, Plasma Cannon and elemental grenades. Maybe the super shotgun. MAYBE. If so, not much, just for the eyecandy.

I'm almost tempted to say to buff rocket jumping a bit, to give the missile soldier a reason to pick. Also, to make the bought Artillery named "weak" like the buyable tib rifle does, so people know that the Artillery Soldier himself does the most damage. Does that sound helpful?

EDIT: Have we put "Anti-Mech" on the Guardian's card instead of "Defense"? People seem to think that it's good at defending against infantry too, which honestly is an easy mistake.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:13 pm
Profile WWW

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:30 am

I'd like to say something about the sandbags - I agree that their purpose was temporary cover and people don't use it the way they should, but there is a reason behind that - Laser weapons as well as the sniper rifle (which fires invisible rails IIRC) cometely defeat the purpose of sandbags because those weapons fire rails that probe through sanrbags, and there is a lot of gauss rifle spamming lately. This is the main reason why I stopped building "mini houses" (covers with ammo, health, and weapon supply) outside the base. On the other hand, these weapons are the optimal solution for killing stacked sandbags in bases. If it is possible to make actors rails can't probe through then I suggest that the utility guy should spawn the same sandbags as they are now if he builds them in base and spawn the sandbags rails can't probe through if the utility guy spawns them outside the base.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:41 am

Last edited by atac on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:04 am

There's a disconnect between the options being proposed for sandbags and what's better for the community as a whole. People constantly complain that their teammates are too dumb, or too inattentive, and yet Medicris' solution is to make what they're doing even less effective. It's underhanded and ultimately detrimental to the type of teammates you want to have.

In my opinion, the sandbags should be limited in number. 25-30 is ample enough to defend a base without making castles redesigning the map via sandbag spam. In addition to solving the actual problem--overuse of sandbags on a massive scale--it helps to create a more intelligent player base. Forcing players to more carefully dole out their resources will lead to a (slightly) more attentive and more informed community.

This is, after all, the entire basis on which RTS games are designed--the idea that managing your resources carefully and using them in the most efficient way possible will yield better performance. It's not difficult to see that logic--if you make a fort of sandbags out front, your base is undefended. It won't take too long before players realize that immortalizing their vision in sand isn't as important as making sure their bases are adequately defended.

That's my opinion on the subject, anyway.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:05 am

Sandbags are too easy to kill for such a limit. If sandbags are stacked you should use a gauss rifle.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Try using a gauss rifle in an utility fortress.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 pm
Profile WWW

Y'know I got a fancy idea... what if we ditched bodycount but - BUT - added its point system idea? What I'm saying is award players points for being useful to the team?

A frag could be 2 points, while refining a tiberium would yield one. Taking down a mech would be 6-8 points. C4 explosion on an enemy terminal would be worth 2 points, disarming an enemy C4 would be worth 2, same for remote C4 but with 1 point. Beacon planting (again at enemy terminals) would be worth something like 10-15 - disarming would give the same award. Repairing, medicing, utiling (specifics needed) would all yield points too.

Destroying a building would yield variable points, determined from the current scores and is crafted so to balance the scores to the team supposed to be winning. For instance, if your team has 120 points and the enemy team has 400, and you hero the war factory, you'll get the difference of points (280) + a static building destruction award of say 150, thus giving you 430 points and setting the score at 550-400 for you. :)

Thoughts?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

Interesting concept.

Except well, it shouldn't be Difference+x, but rather (Diff/2)+x, or something along the lines of that.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:54 pm

I want to ensure that the team with most buildings is in the lead when the building gets destroyed. This way, for instance, the last building counts as much as the first and the right team is guaranteed to win at the end of the game.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:11 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:02 am
Profile ICQ WWW

As for graphics, you must understand that other Skulltaggers also play in software mode due to performance, preference or technical reasons. The explosions use a very high amount of recursive alpha blending, which the software engine doesn't like. Though you may be one of the minority who have no problem with the game, it is still Doom in the end and is not designed to display things we are making it do. A majority of players send complaints about the lag explosions give, and ignoring all of them them would be callous and irresponsible to the playerbase. I won't argue further on that because you and only you have said a thing about optimizing the graphics. Everyone else went "oh god thank you".

As for the graphics changing cvar, I imagine it would just cause wad bloating for a feature I don't think 99% of the players will use.

For Stealth's speed, who knows. I'm neutral about it.

Plasma Cannon? I think you misunderstand, I'm pretty sure they're talking about everyone buying plasma cannons, using an ammo cache, and holding M1 at a building from across the map during SD. As for that, I'm neutral, but I agree it's a pretty damn boring and anticlimactic way to win/lose a match.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next