[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - AOW2 - r2469
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
AOW2 - r2469 

Post AOW2 - r2469

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: AOW2 - r2469
Eeeeeeee

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

Music project back up : Needing a new host.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:31 pm
Lead Artist

Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:38 am

Just a couple of issues, and for the most part it's just stuff that's been noted in the past and just wasn't done yet.

-Time Cop's armor needs to be reduced
-Medic (and probably Tiberium Autorifleman) need to get full chemproof armor so we can do away with the half-chemproof crap
-Not sure if anything can be done about this, but with just 100 ping the external muzzleflashes for the SMG were trailing behind my location by about 2-3 Doomguy widths. May just be due to a weak server, but I don't know.
-Also related to the SMG, the spread for both primary and altfire are exactly the same, which I don't think was intentional.
-The repair facility will not heal infantry above 100 health, but will restore ammo until health is full. Also affects mechs that were ejected and re-entered or built via utility gun, only rather than 100 health the limit is the health the mech has when you enter it (1000 for Raven, 1500 for Wolverine, 2000 for Madcat, 2500 for Titan). Does not seem to affect mechs that cannot be re-entered after ejection, though their ammo will continue to be restored as long as they remain on the pad, regardless of health. This last bit is probably a good thing, but if it has to go to solve the other issues, then I'm fine with it.

Other than that, this is looking really good. The gameplay feels much more balanced, it's certainly more difficult to become an unkillable tank than in previous versions, if not impossible due to the fact that you'll almost always have a direct elemental weakness, but in the few cases where you wouldn't, chances are the class you're playing has weaknesses of its own (i.e. a Super Shotgunner with Grade 5 armor will be nigh unstoppable in close combat, but useless against anyone that outranges him). Stealth speed feels good, both as a stealth infiltrating the enemy base and as a defender hunting down enemy stealths. Missile launcher is good without being too good, and despite just being slightly edited sprites, the laser rifle feels much nicer to use. Gauss no longer dominates the battlefield with such absolution, as even if you load up a fireproof before going out to shoot people, you're then so weak to chem that a tib rifle could do considerable damage with a few direct hits. The gauss altfire does seem slightly less effective against turrets, but it's not a huge difference, maybe turrets take one more shot than before.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:26 am

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 am

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Can't say I took turrets into account... if powerup caches really have an effect in turret fight I'll reinstate them.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:56 am
Profile WWW

Implying laser rifles don't painlock any turret in that scenario. That's literally what the purpose of the high pain chance in turrets is for.

Personally I feel that argument is null.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 am

Hm, ok, I always avoid to use the laser rifle at any cost (well except death) while stealthing, because it gets you noticed. (the noise and the trail)
Mass driver was the perfect weapon for the job (more like an assassin's weapon, kills on one shot, and doesn't make noise) but, yeah, I overlooked the pain state because I don't do it that way.
Now it's not "null". It's just a way vs another.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:21 am

Sorry for double posting : I tested it, and it reeks pure fail.
Against my laser, the turret started instantly to fire, never stopped once, and killed me very fast. It's probably way too random compared to the other way, and can't be trusted at all. You're so weak as stealth you can't afford such randomness.
Even more when you're holding valuable gear to destroy terminals (4xc4, nuke, plasma, ...)

Now I suppose it can only be done right at a long distance (but what's the point then), but the more distance you have between a turret and you, the longer the trail, the higher chance you have to get noticed. And YOU WILL. (the laser is made that way)
Also between the obelisk, sandbags, other well placed turrets, and all the usual, you do not often have the required distance for the bullets to spread around you. While sabotaging, you're often in a confined place with hazards all around you. You move, you're dead. So if you're in the enemy base, firing lasers at a far away turret, it is likely that you are currently under another one's sight.

Stealth currently serves :
1) midfield stalking and silent elimination
2) destroying buildings
3) sabotaging utility - which is wrecked as it was with turrets
4) recon

Very often in order to achieve 2) you need 3) first.
This beta change makes an excellent utility guy (knowing what he's doing with turrets) almighty against an excellent stealth. (before, they were equal)

So if you ever want to solve this, my suggestion is, to avoid reinstating unwanted power-ups, just boost the massdriver to instakill turrets in particular.
But the problem will be now, that by default it will... Before, you needed to get both power-ups in order to do so, and had to know what you were doing. Actually for example very few players knew that C4 were in fact boosted by power-ups. (and even the most skilled saboteur) I'm talking about the same thing. This is like, removing a subtility.

EDIT : also, this wasn't too op, before. Because with Massdriver, you actually have to aim well taking the curve into consideration, when you do it from afar (unlike with the gauss)
And to instakill a turret when you're close to it ... well ... you HAVE to get close to it. Either it's a utility placement mistake or you're good - or you're a stealth. Meaning it was a part of the stealth's job.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 am

Well, if the case is that the laser rifle can't even do its job of stunning turrets properly, there's something wrong.

I'm also thinking about making laser rifles not have as far-reaching of a sound when firing.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:48 am

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:23 am

He's got a point. I was just taking into consideration the overall speed decrease and not making it harder to stealth into util fortresses overall.

Like you said, the trail is still highly visible and the gun itself is outdamaged big time by pretty much anything besides long range. Definitely the worst thing to use against groups like you'll most likely be fighting in a base, especially once they're alerted to you.

Also that sniper obituary seems kind of awkward. Lol.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:16 am

By the way, if the new armor system was made with the removal of damage buffs in mind, then it's OK for weapons versus infantry/mechs.
But what about weapons/damage versus terminals and utility made objects ?
Did they get any change in their HP/Armor ?
Because if not, by extent I think it means every weapons got nerfed against them in comparison :S

Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:14 pm

I doubt it. As far as I can tell only infantry armor's been touched.

As for armor resistances as they are, .

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Last edited by Dusk on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 14 times in total.

updated

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

yep yep

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm

gg

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 am

gg indeed, just need to clear up some stuff, hope we have a release today. :)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:59 pm
Profile WWW

Why did you revert the color palette? :< The new one looked so fresh.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next