[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Introductory Thread
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Introductory Thread 

Post Introductory Thread
All new All Out Warriors, post here! The more people who play this game, the better.

I'm Stalin, some of you already know me, but for those who don't, I've played AOW since gamma 1, stopped here and there, but playing again. I got my name from favouring red team, thus Red Army with my friend known as Lenin. I hope to play with as many of you as possible, although I really don't know how many people will come here.

Post up!

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:07 am

Post Re: Introductory Thread
I'm Eruanna, currently the lead developer for the Omega Project. (though not the leader of the project itself)

I sometimes play, sometimes don't, if I do it's often under an alias because I don't like people bombarding me with bug reports and suggestions when I am trying to play.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:46 am

I'm Remmirath, currently the lead mapper for the Omega Project.

I've started playing AOW2 since i got involved in this project that i find quite addicting. I sometimes play under an alias, sometimes i show off so people can do some real-time bug reports about my maps :)

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:34 am
Profile WWW

Hi I'm Wartorn and I'm the lead graphical-resource manager. Therefore, my job is to as lazily as possible maintain AOW's graphics and resources. I play from time to time as well, and am also working on making the theme look less faggish (Both AOW and it's forum).

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi there.I'm seesine,currently the player who plays AoW2 (i know,this is shocking :o :shock: )

I've started playing AoW2 after the version "Sigma 2-1" came out.
This is not the only thing.AoW2 was the first .wad i ever played in skulltag.(except doom2 and doom 1 lol) :D

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm Devil and I played AoW 1 and 2 since they first came out. I kind of suck at playing, but only because the lag cripples me most of the time near the end of the match.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:32 am
Profile WWW

I'm arezey, the unofficial lead complainer of trivial things and somebody who has had several attempts to map for AOW but each has ended up into mapper's block. You see, I'm good with the AOW theory: I managed to get the buildings work pretty much at first attempts but I can't do the mapping bit of it properly, the problem is that AOW is outdoors and I'm only any good in indoors maps... However I manage DECORATE and ACS. In-game I see myself as not too bad but not too good either. I'm most useful as utility guy. My favorite fragging weapon is the shock rifle.

I guess that sums me up.. *heads to barracks*

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm
Profile WWW

I am 'RifleMan (Formerly known as BritishRifleMan), I am an avid player Of AOW (Since gamma 1 and still enjoying it), I slowly advanced and got better, and basically started in a very low level and only advaned in a non uniform time period (Would you grasp the fact I actually started using the mouse to aim only In october? :D before I used keys to aim up and down,and I didnt do that bad either!) Now I am doing well but I am still looking for ways to improve,mostly In swingshooting, aim and also creative stuff that give me a handicap over others (Without breaking the rules that is).
I am trying to help the omega team in fixing the bugs so they can address our ideas later, I will always tell them any Bug that interrupts gameplay (Even though I don't always clearly recognise the difference between a severe exploit and a creative technique to give an advantage... But I basically know what is good and what is not)
See you ingame someday, will be fun challenging eachother :)
RifleMan

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Hey I'm Lenin I've been playing AOW on and off like my friend Stalin, since it first came out (yes even AOW one lol) a lot of people in the game already know me, but to those who don't hopefully you'll get to know me soon in game or on the forum and we can play some awesome matches.

Look forward to more AOW

Lenin

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:46 am

I'm Eric but I usually go under the name Eric The Red in-game. I play fairly often, and am heavily against all the different forms of spam in AOW. I'm usually found using the low-level classes and still kicking ass like the grenade/plasma spammers. I've played since Gamma 4-3, and I must say it's gotten much better since then.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm Jetforcesoldier and I've have been playin AOW for quite a while. (I played a little of AOW1 and 2 a while back then) I am also against spam and hate Timecops and snipers (If I haven't said it once I'll say it again.) You could say my story is the same as me friend Rilfeman back on the first page- except I always used a mouse and mouselook, although now I end up spending most of my time playing Gmod with a few friends. I tend to stick with the Medic although I will choose something else on occasion. I personally always take the Orca or Titan as my mech of choice. (I'm not too fond of jug.)

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:56 am

I'm lawa001, recovering from a range ban.
Nice to meet you all. :3
Hope to frag you online er.. Bye

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:31 am

I see some names in this thread I recognise. Some of you may recognise me I've played with and against you all......the player who harvests, builds turrets and fireproofs for all. Im a team player and an avid fan of aow2 for a while now. I'm slowly getting better and dont die time I meet the enemy now.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi I'm Atma, I've been playing AOW2 since december 2009. At that time there were lot of bug and exploit. Thank to the new AOW Omega team. The game getting better and better. :D
I love to sneak into enemy base and nuke it( even though I always fail to done it. :(
By the way my ingame name is Kazuki.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Hey all, Almost everyone here should know me.
I am Dark Slayer 201, ingame name as -=Dark Slayer=- and also was known as DS201.
I am good with coding alot of things, except ACS and SBARINFO so far.
I am also not as creative with mapping like many other people are.
I am the 1 and only Maintainer of the Skulltag, GZDoom and Alternative AOW2 Model packs.
My real name is Ashley and I live in Australia.
I don't do much outside of school, which sucks. So, I started doing stuff for Skulltag and UnrealTournament about 3 years ago.
I am a very good player with ping lower than 75, but since of where I live, ever server's ping is 250+.
I like AOW2 especially the amount teamwork that gets put in, if there is any.
I dislike GVH now, It is an overused jokewad that I can't really stand it anymore.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 am
Profile WWW

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:55 am

I'm kevin lee, leehiufung911 in game.
my high ping (about 350) means i dont do veri well fighting, which was absolute crap when i started playing (since gamma 5), but now i fight OK.
i take buildings down quite well
fave weap: tib rifle
i never surrender
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE LLAMAS!!!!!
tip for very solid enemy defenses: go4 gunman, take a less taken route into the enemy base, and suicide bomb and kill as many turrets and as many sandbags and as many mines as u can. u will die several times, but gunman is free, so what?

Sat May 08, 2010 7:43 am

So what? You give the enemies lots of experience and money. You are helping them more than yourself.

Good job.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Hello, I'm Minigunner. I'm still in school, so I don't play all too much during the week. I'm alongside Wartorn in graphics, and at times I put out some very good advise.
I'm actually not a very experienced player, considering I use the keyboard a lot and don't have very good reflexes. However, I make up for that by being good in the defensive field (building base defenses and providing other players with support).
I tend to be precise in mapping, carefully measuring every linedef and placing things, such as the building health things, as close to the walls as possible. However, since I don't put much time into my maps, I am not very detailed.
Decorate is a bit easy for me. So far, I've been able to establish my own reloading system and I made a BFG2704 that can use different amounts of ammo. I sometimes accidentally use things that happened to be in R667 :| . However, I also use the R667 beastiary to further increase the variety of monsters in my wads. Otherwise, most of my decorate scripting is purely my doing.
As for graphics, I sometimes suggest some sprites that have been horrendously overused (but I didn't know). I use GIMP and sometimes Paint.net to create/edit sprites.
I live in the PST time zone (-8), so it's somewhat difficult to establish a playing schedule.

<Minigunner> "You have finally made it to the enemy base. You have bled out a lot, but you are still going. You plant a beacon by their War Factory, and what do you know? A little piece of metal from 10 miles away impacts your head, and you die."

<hsx3k>minigunner<?>: /o is a cool guy, he floods my console and doesnt afraid of anything
Eruanna: \o's a cooler guy, he appears whenever o/ shows up and doesn't afraid of minigunner

Sat May 08, 2010 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next