[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - War factory help needed
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
War factory help needed 

Post War factory help needed
Hi guys - I'm struggling around to make a new AOW2 map. This time I'm basing my idea on Jumpmaze MAP28 (Cloud 9). I'm even listening to the soundtrack to get into the "aerial" mood.

I've worked on the blue base first, but have a little problem with the war factory. When I purchase a mech, the war factory door opens, but it immediately closes afterwards and only after it has closed the mech is thrusted... into the wall. Then, when I open the door from the inside to step out, I get thrusted again to the same direction with the "you can't enter here!!" message.

I have the sector actor things, copied from AOW01 from r450, door tagged as #10 all as should be. Though, I can't compare this with the latest version because of the conversion to UDMF format and SLADE2 cannot handle UDMF. Also, I'm on Linux so Doom Builder 2 does not load and Doom Builder 1 cannot open UDMF maps either.

Any help, please?

Attachments:
warfactory.png
warfactory.png [ 51.27 KiB | Viewed 7861 times ]
Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:53 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: War factory help needed
OK, I just fixed the thrust direction. Appears that it's determined by a map spot w/ TID 9001. I had left it out. But the door issue remains..

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

I don't know what tag to use for the door, but for the map spot it's 6000 for blue (I think, could be red though) and 6001 for the other team. You might see if Tiger is available to help you set that up.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Eh, yeah, it was 6001. Remembered incorrectly while writing the post.

EDIT: Hmm. The door closing is apparently caused by script 901. When I disable it, it at least somehow works..

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:29 pm
Profile WWW

Trying to remember all of this on the back of my head.
From the picture you provided, you are using Sector Actions; this was dropped from r450, since those THING's are inaccurate for what we need them for. With the older War Factory code, inorder to leave the hanger, you had to enter that sector inorder to leave it; inwhich activates another script that should not be activated.

Instead, MAPSPOT THING's take their place:
Blau Hanger: 6001
Rott Hanger: 6000

For the Hanger Door Sector ID:
Blau Hanger Door: 11
Rott Hanger Door: 12

LINEDef issue, be sure that you set your lines EXACT, otherwise you will get some unwanted activity. (Example: Getting thrusted back into the hanger, when attempting to leave).
The Herzmachine code is VERY picky on what side the lines are, along with the Hanger door and MAPSPOT's. However, once your War Factory Hanger is accurate for the Herzmachine code, you should have no problems.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:45 am

Hmm. Problem is I don't know what the linedefs are meant to be like.. I wish there'd be some War Factory specs out there. XD

Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 pm
Profile WWW

The two LINEDefs inside the Hanger, are faced forward to the Hanger. The other two LINEDefs outside, are faced outside from the Hanger.
If I remember correctly.

Sun May 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Could it be possible to make the inside linedef of the hangar door open and thrust anything inside out when used? This may stop people from getting stuck.
Also, I suggest moving the shootable actors away from the doors as they can be advantage points for the enemy.

Mon May 03, 2010 12:56 am
Profile WWW

Mon May 03, 2010 8:07 am

In another thread I pointed out that the shootable actors block shots.
So if the other 2 doors were sandbagged while an enemies are inside, people will want to shoot their weapons through the door, of which the shootable actor will block the shots going in.
The only things that can shoot through are rail based weapons.

Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 am
Profile WWW

I already took care of it - there's no building actors on any door. But what comes to the War Factory, all I know right now is that two linedefs inside the hanger must point toward it, it must be compliant to the Herzmachine code, that scripts #88 and #85 are relevant to the hanger and that my hanger door closes prematurely (= as soon as it goes up) unless I disable script #901. Got to figure out how to open an UDMF map...

Mon May 03, 2010 10:54 am
Profile WWW

If you're using Doom Builder 2 all you have to do is use an alternate configuration.

With Doom Builder 1, et al, you're just better off building it in Hexen format and then asking someone to convert it for you after it's finished.

Mon May 03, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm using the SLADE 2 beta. And I am building it in Hexen format. Problem just is that I have no idea what linedefs to put and where...

I'm though doing some experiments - hopefully I can crack up the answer from an existing AOW map by somehow rendering the map's linedefs and picking the information I need...

EDIT: OK. I got my hands on a windows computer with Doom Builder 2 and looked at the War Factory at AOW11 of the tournament version. I adjusted my Factory to be identical in terms of linedefs... I also checked the purchase room - all fine there. The hanger door remains closing prematurely.

At this point I'm clueless enough to share the Factory.. maybe Tiger can be able to spot out what's wrong..?

Attachments:
wf.wad.zip [16.75 KiB]
Downloaded 325 times
Mon May 03, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile WWW

I looked at the sample PWAD, and it seems incomplete with the MAPSPOT thing. A MAPSPOT THING (tag: 9001) is needed under that hanger door. If you still have problems, send me the entire PWAD by PN, and I will take a look at it.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 am

(The map spot is there - I had just forgotten it out from the sample... oops. I'll get to ya.)

The map had far too many technical errors (zero-sided linedefs, lines with invalid vertices) for me to fix so I'm rebuilding it. In the process, I rebuilt the War Factory from scratch. The hanger now works as it should, no more prematurely closing doors. I guess this mystery shall remain as one...

Sat May 08, 2010 10:14 am
Profile WWW

Sat May 08, 2010 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]