[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Massdriver and gauss rifle - pro tips
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Massdriver and gauss rifle - pro tips 

Post Massdriver and gauss rifle - pro tips
Massdriver became my weapon No. 1 and gauss rifle is on the 2nd place.
Give me some pro tips how to improve combat with those two. I take massdriver everytime I have money. I do mass jumps often and still working on it to improve it. I still make some ridicilous mass jump mistakes and die stupidly. When I am Demo mass jumping is a must cuz its slow class and damage from mass jump (ofc alt fire shell) is almost nothing.

Sun May 06, 2012 12:26 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Massdriver and gauss rifle - pro tips

Sun May 06, 2012 12:59 am

The only tip I can give you about the mass driver is SPAM SPAM SPAM, because it seems to be made just for that. :|

Sun May 06, 2012 5:35 am

Predict where the person would be going with the Mass driver and don't shoot directly at them, shoot the floor near them. Since if you miss, you won't end up dealing any damage.

Sun May 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Assdriver is far from being the optimal anti-infantry weapon: it requires strong predicting skills or short range to land direct hits. Rocketjumping with it has odd physics and sends you in weird directions, for distance/speed jumps, use the missile launcher. It also does more damage to infantry and has way wider/more powerful splash damage.

Either that or my 210 ping to that stupid Britserver is making it harder for me.

As for Gauss Rifles, just point and shoot. Lead the guy by a few inches to compensate for the delay, unlagged removed most but not all leading issues.

Might not want to listen to me though, I'm terrible at this mod.

Sun May 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Sun May 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Very often I use strafe instead of mouse moving on horizontal for precision aiming with gauss. And sometimes I have excellent and awful times with gauss, so this is not a pro tip.
And also you may forget about your java, and spend time only with gauss as much as you can.

Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Also, for explosive weapons in general, it's very advantageous to be on higher ground than the target you're shooting at. It gives you more leeway when calculating exactly where you want the explosion to hit. It's hard to explain, but I shat this out of PDN in about 2 minutes.

Tue May 29, 2012 5:38 pm

For Gauss Rifle, I normally aim using my movement instead of my mouse.
For Artillery Canon... practice makes perfect; you have to get a 'feel' of how fast the projectile moves/drops to get good at it.

There isn't a whole lot to add for using those weapons, but I can add a bit when it comes to countering them.

A powerful close range weapon and knock either of them out pretty easily, but most of the time they are at a good distance giving them (especially someone with a gauss rifle) an advantage. The sniper rifle is always a decent choice, but it leaves you pretty limited, and gauss gunners can still strike back effectively. So what do you do? You go around and attack from the rear.

I have seen plenty of people run right at a gauss gunner or artillery soldier and get their asses handed to them. Most maps have cover and multiple paths to any location, so use those paths. I'm assuming everyone knows this already, so I won't elaborate any further.

Once you are in the line of fire, dont mash A and D repeatedly, you just go side to side a bit and look stupid, plus are fairly easy to hit ... yes, it's better than running in a straight line, but you can do better! Try to make yourself an accelerating target relative to your enemy... that is, don't just circle strafe, you still aren't that hard to hit. Moving in an elipitical manner can help - your opponent will have to do more than simply drag the mouse at a near constant speed to hit you - and isn't all that hard. Get creative with your movements, make yourself a bastard to follow and hit.

Also, all of this is assuming you aren't just a sneaky stealth trooper who chainsaws or lases from behind.

Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 am
Lead Artist

I don't know how hard I'm to hit, but I definitely have trouble following myself sometimes.
So "heh", dodging tips.

Wed May 30, 2012 5:15 am

Thu May 31, 2012 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]