[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
All Out War 2 - View topic - Armor system confusing me
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Armor system confusing me 

Post Armor system confusing me
Are all armor of same type same

Here are some examples:
1. Gauss has armor 20 10 15 0 35 15 meaning 0 Explosive armor, and LaserChaingunner has 20 20 0 -50 50 30 meaning -50 Explosive armor and according to new armor system (that's current) are they same II grade laser armor.
Is gauss class less vurneable to explosives or thats wrong ?

2. Advanced Tiberium harvester armor is 10 -50 100 10 10 10, -50 Fire armor and Medic armor 15 15 15 15 15 15. In current new armor system they both posses chem armor (adv tib is grade I and medic is grade II). This is a lot of confusing to me. What kind of chem armor medic actually has ?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Lead Artist

Post Re: Armor system confusing me
The stat cards are lying scum at the moment (and they're out FOREVER in the next version), if you want the armor stats;

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 am

You're getting those from the class cards. Those are all wrong and outdated with the arrival of the Armour Grades System. It's much easier to follow than a bajillion numbers to memorize for each class. Not sure why the cards weren't updated, other than the fact that they're being replaced entirely. Soon the info will be printed directly onto your screen instead of a predrawn graphic card.

Basically, you have 5 grades of armour. Each adds 8% resistance to everything. For example, standard Grade 2 armour protects you from 16% of all damage.

Then you have your different kinds of armour. Standard, Fire, Chemical, Laser, and Explosive. Standard isn't special in any way. Chem armour is weak to flames, and Fire armour is weak to chemicals. Same with Laser and Explosive. That's about the extent anyone really needs to know.

If you want real specifics, I can dig them up.

EDIT: Or Blox did already. Handy.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:46 am

How do you get Grade 5? I've only seen up to 3. Do you need crates?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:51 pm
Lead Artist

Yes, unfortunately.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:16 pm
Profile WWW

Basically, the classes have up to grade 2 armor. You can get +1 grade armor from the armor upgrade switch to have grade 3 armor. In order to have grade 5, you must be very lucky, that is get 2 armor upgrade crates in 1 life.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 pm

I've had it once. Holy shit that was fun.

Anyone getting their hands on Grade 5 also sends out a global message in everyone's Intel, so that's how I know others have gotten it too.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I've only ever had grade 4 in this release, although I usually die to something stupid.

I got an armour upgrade in the previous one with a medic though (after collecting the bonuses and buying extra armour in spawn): 46 uninterrupted kills. yyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]